Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 28 times)

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD:  Any weekend plans.  Nothing much planned hear other than staying near home and grilling.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

Had a nice 5.5 mile jaunt on the roads this morning, sweet smells of spring were in the air.

QOTD: DW and I are haeding to Hudson Valley area to scope out potential places to move. Planning

on some miles in Bear Mountain State Park, and a few other spots.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

beautiful morning here- high 40's, got 5.5 miles w/ some decent elevation

qotd: we're going to Missoula to visit my DD, son-in-law and grandson.  we're going to get a little hiking in on Sunday, picnic and soaking at Lolo Hot Springs after.  Saturday I'm going to run Mt Sentinel, have a race there in a couple of weeks

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

6.7 this morning on the roads, nice and cool.  Raced a road 5K last night with people from the office, ran a PB of 18:12 (or at least a PB since I started running again 17 years ago - no idea what my high school XC times were).  Started to hurt in the second half, but in the way that 5Ks are supposed to feel, and I kept the form together pretty well the whole time.

QOTD:  Nothing big - kid's birthday party, soccer tournament, some grilling, long run on Sunday - weather looks like it's going to brighten up in the northeast.

Have a great weekend, all!

Birdwell

Morning folks! got in some hill repeats followed by some 400 repeats at the track for a total of 7 late last night.

QOTD: We'll head down to the town Veterans park on Monday and spend some time with the kids explaining why the statues are there and what they mean and looking at the names on the wall.

We're doing a little family hike at some point and I'm going to check out the snow levels on a favorite trail.

Occasional Runner

I adopted a new running partner yesterday and we went our first mountain run together this morning. We did 6 miles with about 2500' of gain. The pup did an awesome job and we had a blast!

QOTD: Getting packed for South Africa

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Beautiful day here with mild temps and no humidity.  Tomorrow, for the race, humidity is coming back in the morning. 

TT - What are you grilling?

jongerg - Happy house hunting.

mtwarden - Have fun with the grandkid.

DD - Great 5k time.

Bird - Hill + 400's on same day ~ nice work.

Kelly - Like your new running partner.

Looks like some of you should get together for a dog race with all these speedy 4 legged running buddies.

QOTD:  DW and I are going to run around a paved 1.55 mile walking path for 24 hours.  Besides that, rest.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Did 4 on the road this morning

QOTD: My honey do list is long, I'm going to try and shorten it this weekend, and drink beer. I probably won't do a whole lot of running maybe 15 tomorrow and short recovery on Sunday, my taper has officially started.

AT- what a great idea, a dog marathon. Although I would only sign Mr. Jangles up for the half, he slows down and gets a little cranky anything farther than 15.

jonferg67

Endless trails

DD: That's a great 5k time, for an older gentlemen.

Lace: Very cool, good for you (and the pooch).

AT-runner

Tim

AT- what a great idea, a dog marathon. Although I would only sign Mr. Jangles up for the half, he slows down and gets a little cranky anything farther than 15.

I think Earl leads the way with a 50k finish, but Marley seems to be most consistent.  XT's dogs (where has he been) seem to run pretty often.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Kelly:  cool dog.  Pointer?  How old?  Well-trained?

LB2

5 tonight, maybe.

QOTD: Birthday party, college graduation, running.

LB2

muppy

Going to try for 3 or 4 after work.

Kelly, looks like a nice puppy!

QOTD tonight I'm going to the circus with my girlfriend, saturday going out for BBQ with my son, and Sunday have a birthday party.

Occasional Runner

Kelly:  cool dog.  Pointer?  How old?  Well-trained?

English Pointer, 11 months old. She's trained for basic commands, but off leash on the trail, she's her own boss. She stayed close and kept tabs on where I was but she got lost twice. Both times, she barked for me and I called out to her and she found me right away. She ignored other runners and paid no attention to the only other dog we saw on the trail. I think she did great and will only get better.

TT - What are you grilling?

Brats? ribs? burgers?  Not sure yet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida