Trailer Trash

Tequila Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

Morning all. I'm going to a BYO Tequila, yet classy, Mexican joint for dinner tonight, and planned a rest day to coincide. I will likely not partake in the tequila, but will probably have a couple glasses of wine instead because I have 20 miles scheduled for tomorrow AM.

QOTD: Will you drink the night before a long run? I've learned to handle a couple of drinks the night before a big run, but anything more than that is a recipe for disaster. Obviously I feel best with no alcohol the night before. I never drink the night or 2 before a race.

(D'oh! This whole post is about drinking and running. Then again, so is my blog...and my username)

AT-runner

Tim

Morning lushes.  Happy Pi Day.  10 miles today with an old running buddy.  He's prepping for Boston, so we had to do easy trails. Windy and 27 degrees.

TnC - Enjoy the Tequila.  Some of dumbest things I've every done started with Tequila.

QOTD:  I will have a beer or two the night before the race, but not more than two.  It helps me sleep, and that's a good thing before a long race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Irish Luck

The mister and I were debating something outside tonight. So, it could be 5 miles indoor, or 6-8 outdoor.

QOTD: Yes, I'll have a beer or two the night before a long run, and an early beer the night before a race.  The mister and I regularly go for a late lunch/early dinner with beers the day before a Sunday race, so that our bellies are full and we are in bed early.   However, there's been a handful of times that I've had an early morning long run after a party or event (i.e., a 10 mile run on New Year's Day after a fun NYE--wasn't pretty, but I felt great after).

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!

I have my schedule blocked at work so I can make the lunch yoga class, and 6 miles planned tonight with DS and the running group.  I was packing away my winter running gear last night to only wake up to much cooler temps this morning.  I don't mind this cooler eastern weather as it helps build my personal maple syrup supply in NH (sister makes it).

T&C-- enjoy the dinner (and wine)!  Is that 20 miles before work?

AT- you must be a math lover

Erbur- Hope you and DH are abe=le to get outside later

qotd--As for other favorite liquids, alcohol.  a beer or two (or wine) is my limit these days before a hard day of running.  Races, usually nothing before.  I made a mistake a few years ago with beer carb loading and it was not fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning people of the trails! 4.5 windy miles early.  Me thinks winter doesn't want to let go.

QOTD: No since I do not drink.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I did 2.5 miles yesterday with no pain in my foot...it was great.  When I stepped out of bed this morning I felt it again.  Judging from the amount of pain I would say I set myself back 3-4 days, which means another week off.

QOTD: I have a soft spot for tequila.  I recommend Espolon.  Frequently I am the DD so I don't end up drinking more than a couple drinks.  If I rehydrate I don't think that there is an effect on my running except that I can feel myself sweating out the alcohol for the first few miles.  Generally, I have other reasons not to drink too much other than running (apologizing for things you can't remember gets old).

**Ask me about streaking**

Morning trailers!

I have my schedule blocked at work so I can make the lunch yoga class, and 6 miles planned tonight with DS and the running group.  I was packing away my winter running gear last night to only wake up to much cooler temps this morning.  I don't mind this cooler eastern weather as it helps build my personal maple syrup supply in NH (sister makes it).

T&C-- enjoy the dinner (and wine)!  Is that 20 miles before work?

AT- you must be a math lover

Erbur- Hope you and DH are abe=le to get outside later

qotd--As for other favorite liquids, alcohol.  a beer or two (or wine) is my limit these days before a hard day of running.  Races, usually nothing before.  I made a mistake a few years ago with beer carb loading and it was not fun.

I am lucky to work for the US of A, and we do flex scheduling, so I work longer hours and get every other Friday off. Sweet deal, especially for running purposes.

Also, I actually lied earlier. I enjoyed a nice IPA the day before I set my most recent marathon PR, AND drank a dixie cup of beer during the race Wink

Morning!  After dealing with a wheezing cough and pain in my lungs I went to my doctor yesterday.  I now have some antibiotics, steroids and an inhaler, so hopefully things will get back to normal.  I'll probably get out for an easy run this afternoon.

qotd: I usually try to either abstain or have no more than two drinks before a long run or race.  I definitely feel it if I have more.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning!

Undecided if this will be a rest day or not. Cats need a flea bath, lizard needs to get treatment at the vet for parasites, paperwork to do, and I have a headache (no, I did not drink last night, or this morning! Dead). So it's a PRD (possible rest day).

If just that weather and the mountain weren't so tempting...

Cocktails: I'd have switched the rest day for the long run today, and indulged in the Tequila... oops, I meant dinner...

AT: I am waiting to get old, too. Then I might be able to qualify for the Boston! Or did you mean a long-accomplished running buddy? Sorry...

bur: If you are planning on "something" outside tonight, better do just 5 miles indoor today. You want to be in shape for tonight... oops, seems like I am having a really silly day today...

traildc: Lunch yoga sounds great. I'll have lunch, while I watch others do yoga. Yesss!!

Jamie: This winter is endless! But yesterday, I saw several trees with the new leaves just about to open, and blossoms ready to flower. So it's just a matter of a few more weeks of snow! We'll hang in there!

QOTD: I hardly ever drink alcohol. I am on a certain medication for a pituitary tumor that does not go well with alcohol, so my husband and I usually don't bother opening a bottle of wine when we know we wouldn't finish it. I'll have a small glass with dinner at my in-laws house, or a can of beer every now and then, but I can't have more because of the medication. That small amount does not bother me the next day, even if I do a long run.

Before a race, I am too busy to have a nice dinner with a glass of wine, or a beer, so no, I don't drink before a race.

Run for fun.

The pooch and I had another great 8 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: I don't drink much so it really isn't an issue for me.  That said a glass of wine with dinner the night before a run is OK.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks! Taking a SRD here.

I might head out for a little hiking with the family this afternoon, seeing as the high is supposed to hit 75 today.

QOTD: nope

Daydreamer1

I spent yesterday on the bike trainer and the ellipitical so I really should go for a run today. For some reason I'm just not very motivated this week. I think I'll try to get up on the mountain for 8-10 miles. The teenage animal just told me he's wimping out so I guess I'll be going alone.

QOTD: I rarely drink. I have several reasons for this with the main one being that I don't tolerate the effects of the alcohol very well. Therefore I've never tried drinking before a long run as I'm sure I'd feel lousy.

sugnim

Good morning.  Rest day for me today, but I got to ride my bike to work, which was great after the poor thing sat all winter, lonely in the garage. 3.5 mile run last night with the dog.  My stomach is getting better, although I did probably walk about half a mile of last night's run.

QOTD: I drink water the night before a race.

FTYC:  If your cats are anything like my cats, giving them a bath will require a few sprints around the house.

Ultra Cowboy

I'm really pumped that I was able to get out and run a sub 9 min mile pace for 4 miles last night.  Woke up this morning feeling good too.

My training partner alerted me to a race April 7 which may serve as my get even race....only 6000 ft of gain....

QOTD:

I've found that Hard alcohol in any amount does not help me in any way with an early morning run.  A beer or two however helps me sleep if I'm a little antsy.  If I am concerned about my performance I will abstain the night before, just to be safe.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Holden McGruyen

One quick 10 minute run this morning, just enough to get the blood moving before work. I'm hoping to do more this evening.

I mostly limit myself to Bud 55 or Miller 64 now so I can drop weight.  I can drink a sixer of those and run the next day, LOL.

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?