Trailer Trash

Wednesday (Read 39 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks! got out for a little run this morning. I think I'll hit the gym in a bit for some cross training.

QOTD: How many miles will you put on a new shoe before making a final decision about them?

I ask because I finally got my New Balance 1210 (leadville's) in the mail, and I don't think I like them. It has me totally bummed. I put so much hope into these being "The Shoe" for my trail running. I've got about 10 miles on them so far, and don't know if I should keep trying or give up on them.

What say you?

p.s. the things I don't like about them are the loose sloppy fit in the heel, and the tongue of the shoe is horrible beyond all belief (It needs to be an inch longer. When I try to lock the heel in, the laces are past the tongue digging into my foot)

Morning! I will head out after work for about 4, plus maybe some elliptical time at the gym.

QOTD: I'll give it 1 or 2 weeks, but usually I can tell at that point if it's the right fit or not. I have extra long toes so the tell tale sign of a good fit is usually a larger toe box. Bad fit = numb toes.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.5 miles this morning @ the local park.  Saw what I thought was a sleeping? or dead? racoon curled on on the side of the path.  Turns out it was neither.  It was still breathing and barely alive.  Two guys walking had their phones out and calling the township. Worried that it was rabid.  Township police showed up a few minutes later.  By that time I was heading home.

QOTD: Good timing on this question because I am trying to figure out if I will stick with my Cascadia's  I loved the way they fit at first but I am thinking something about the heel doesn't agree with me.  They seem to irritate my heel/achilles area more than other shoes.  I am so bummed because I like the way they glide, the grip, the toe box, the tread, pretty much everything else.  They have 40-50 miles on them so I don't know what to do with them.  I want to make them work but if they don't, then they don't.  I know...brillant right?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

I had a fantastic 6 mile tempo run this morning. I feel stronger that I ever have and am really pleased with my turnover. My runs are feeling fast and easy. I'm in a good place right now.

QOTD: I don't make a decision until I have about 200 miles on a shoe. If they don't seem to work at first, I mess with the lacing pattern and try different socks. If they still aren't working, I move on.

Birdwell- Sorry to hear about your experience with the 1210. I'm not having any of those issues with that shoe. Bummer.

Birdwell: Nice run. Don't give up on the 1210s just yet. You'll get used to the heel issue. Not sure about the laces though.

TnC: Good workout. You getting excited for the Dirty German?

Boyjame: Never a dull moment on the trail. Good run.

Lace: Glad it is all coming together for you. Don't peak to early!

I did an easy 8 before work. Will get in some long runs the next two days before I head off for my bachelor party. We'll 'see' how my scheduled runs going during that fisasco. 4 days of punishment on my liver...can't wait.

qotd: I give them a few long runs before I make any serious decisions. As long as they don't give me blisters I am good with any shoe.

Have a great hump day all.

The pooch made it clear that she didn't want to run today!  I think she was both hungry and tired. Her schedule is a little out of whack with Chloe (my daughter's dog) visiting.  So I took her home and went mountain biking without her.  I rode a mix of difficult single track trail and easier fire roads.

QOTD: It depends...  Given the specific complaints you have I probably give up on them pretty quick.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Uh oh... now what?

An hourish along the waterfront with no trails in sight.  Surely wish I had a boat thingie

(skull? scull? not a kayak, sits upright with oars in fixed supports), woman out there pacing

me.  She looks so smooth, rhythmic, strong--probably needs smooth water (boat, not her).

QOTD:  My usual thought is zero, but there have been two exceptions along the way.

NB 670 -- bought on Friday night, ran a trail 50-miler in them Saturday, gave them to

someone after the run--blamed some foot discomfort on them.

Reebok somethings--used them for Strolling Jim, great on pavement, horrible on gravel

roads--gave them to someone, bbbyyy

I put the shoes on, lace them a couple of different ways, pretend to run a few steps, try

them on with different thickness socks, pretend... I have simplified things by seldom

needing shoes that are good for hours and hours and hours--hardly ever run longer

than three hours these days.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, folks.

I did 8 miles on the roads this morning, went up and over the Bourne Bridge, along the Cape Cod

Canal, through a little trail path and back again. Map My Run says it was 2,300 ft elevation gain but

I know that can't be true.

QOTD: I make every effort to make a new shoe work for me. Right now I'm using the Pure Grit 1's, they

have just over 300 miles on them and although their not perfect they still feel good enough.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I make every effort to make a new shoe work for me. Right now I'm using the Pure Grit 1's, they

have just over 300 miles on them and although their not perfect they still feel good enough.

I tried to get those shoes to work for me and it wasn't meant to be.

BTW...I saw a post you made in another forum. Well played sir! Well played indeed!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

BTW...I saw a post you made in another forum. Well played sir! Well played indeed!

I had to go look.  I didn't have to open the thread to know it was the right one...too funny.

I'm going to take one last day off.  I can't locate any inflamation anywhere in my knee/surrounding areas so I'm hoping to be over the hurdle.  It's nice, my injury recovery process is to hype up my GF on an impending race and run with her for a week or 2.  Her mileage/pace is just what I need to get back at it.  Build your own core/ab workout tonight.

QOTD: I have only purchased 1 pair of shoes that haven't worked out for me and I knew it before 20 miles.  I try to be really picky pre-purchase...annoying to sales people and gf, but money saving in the long run.

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Tsk, tsk, are you people making fun of the barefooters or the beginners now?

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Is there a difference between the two?

under a rock

Did an easy 5 trail miles today. Later today is soccer practice for my son. It'll be the most entertaining part of the day. At 5 he just doesn't get the point of the exercises and drills. He spend most of his time doing superhero fighting with himself. It's great stuff.

QOTD: I'll give a shoe 50-150 miles before I give up. My usual problem is not being able to get the heel or midfoot snug enough to keep my foot from shifting around in the shoe. If they don't work out for running then they become gardening shoes, unless I know someone that could use them.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I think that has been taken care of already. Someone just accidentally posted something

in the wrong forum.

Lace is still the reigning chief instigator.

Occasional Runner

I think that has been taken care of already. Someone just accidentally posted something

in the wrong forum.

Lace is still the reigning chief instigator.

John M. was over there stirring stuff up too. Bunch of rowdies!