Trailer Trash

Confess your road runner sins here... (Read 82 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

You people are too funny.

I've done many of these as well; all my former white socks are brown and I used

to actually log weather, temp, state of mind, etc. for a 4 mile run.

I feel better already.

Hiliarious: perhaps we all need to work off our sins together

Missing the trash can with the cup or just throwing it on the ground.

Driving the race course to see how far it really was.

Sprinting at the end of a 5 or 10K to go from 257th place to 243rd place.

Running is "simple" now.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Running is "simple" now.

Amen brother!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

Amen brother!

it will take more then an Amen to absolve yourself of your sins!

runtraildc

This is too funny, especially you folks dishing out $$ for the hotel for your 5K.  I've done many (and still do some of them).  But, I cannot believe no on has yet mentioned....

jogging in place at the stoplight.

jonferg67

Endless trails

This is too funny, especially you folks dishing out $$ for the hotel for your 5K.  I've done many (and still do some of them).  But, I cannot believe no on has yet mentioned....

Guilty.

NorthernHarrier

I can honestly say I have never done that but a couple old running friends used to turn their watches off when they stopped to take a leak. I used to shame them for that.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

No jogging in place at the stoplight but I did once see a guy stop and do pushups at the stoplight.  I almost ran over and stapled a "douchetard" sign to him.

You people have issues 

dpc3

No jogging in place at the stoplight but I did once see a guy stop and do pushups at the stoplight.  I almost ran over and stapled a "douchetard" sign to him.

^^^^^ we need more of this to happen

AT-runner

Tim

I know where the exact 1 mile point is in any direction from my driveway.

When someone passes me on the road, I always assumed they're running a shorter distance.

When I crossed the finish line I used to put my arms in the air hoping to get a good finishers photo...

...and I explained over and over that the time in the photo was wrong since it took me 10 minutes to get to the starting line.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Geez... after reading this I'm a bigger sinner than I thought. I left off quite a few.

11. Like AT I too know the 1 mile point from my house with about 6-8 variations.

12. Yes. I've zig zagged down the road towards the end of the run to get the garmin to stop on a cleaner number.

13. I have a nice photo placard of myself finishing my first 2 marathons complete with stamped finishing times.

14. I ran with a walkman a few times.

15. I have a matching Boston singlet and shorts, but alas not the special "jacket".

16. Before I owned a garmin I would sometimes drive my running routes to record the mileage. More than once just to be sure.

I'm sure there are more.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XtremeTaper

1. I tried desperately to PR a half marathon one summer.  After 3 failed attempts, I finally did.

2. I posted on the Beginner's Forum for a long time.

3. I ran a relay race once.  Oh, the shame.

Ummmm...

I don't have much.  I still haven't run a road marathon.  I have never owned a fuel belt.  All of my PRs are old and outdated because I stopped racing on the road shortly after I started running.  I can start to confess my recent cycling sins if you like.  Joking

I have done #1 and #3 on your list. #3 I've done 4 times! Well #1, I spaced out over an 8 month period coupled with an injury inbetween.

XtremeTaper

7) I have been in a corral

I have been in many corrals. I did striders in a corral at NYCM and Chicago. I have even peed in a corral. Have you ever done that?

http://skreened.com/render-product/d/f/j/dfjyoksaiyagiiuswiai/image.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.red.w760h760z1p2.jpg

Going to promote this as a new undergarment for trail runners, for those special occasions like Fsocks mentioned.

I am guilty of the push-ups also! If it was 15 years ago in Germany it may have been me. I guess that makes me an international douchetardEmbarrassed

Snowdenrun

The purist of us all Smile...sin free.  Go ahead and cast your stones snowden

I'm getting my pile of rocks ready.  ...but really all this running on trails and my first ever race is going to be a ROAD MARATHON. I'm pretty sure that's a sin too.