Trailer Trash

Confess your road runner sins here... (Read 82 times)

This is a hysterical thread!  I admit that I still run quite a few road races.  I think my biggest sin was formerly having to follow a concrete marathon training plan, and I would have all of my workouts planned out on a calendar months in advance.  Fortunately, I've thrown this idea out.  I do races as my training now, and I'm much more relaxed.  I've also been having better results.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Holy chunky peanut butter! You guys are were freaks! In all seriousness, I haven't most of these things in my road running days (edit: maybe that is why I sucked).  Good thing I found trail running before I had to experience all those aweful things.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

This is a hysterical thread!  I admit that I still run quite a few road races.  I think my biggest sin was formerly having to follow a concrete marathon training plan, and I would have all of my workouts planned out on a calendar months in advance.  Fortunately, I've thrown this idea out.  I do races as my training now, and I'm much more relaxed.  I've also been having better results.

oops. Now I have  another sin.

18. I have put my 12-18 week marathon training plans into a neatly formatted Excel spreadsheet.

What about pace bands? I never did do that one but it seems a bit sinful.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

14. I ran with a walkman a few times.

What's a walkman?

Watoni

I feel like a fraud just being on a bike in general.  I want to hang a sign on my back that says, "Injured runner."  I suppose it's pretty obvious with the running tech tees and trail shoes I wear...the roadies won't wave to me.

That is the roadie sin, not waving or acknowledging other folks. Sometimes I am so in the pain cave on  a climb I only grunt a greeting, but I rarely just pass without acknowledging the presence of another cyclist.

My sin is the Garmin ... I don't really run on the road at all

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Before I found Satellite photography, I had a large printed map of my neighborhood and would carefully  measure the distance I ran with draftsman's dividers.

I stood in line for a portapotty mid race.

I threw two empty gel packets on the ground during a 10 miler.

I put my shirt back on in time for the mid course photograph.

I lined up an hour before start time to get the best spot in the unseeded corral for a 4.75 mile race...and was slower than most people behind me.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jonferg67

Endless trails

What's a walkman?

It's what you wear with stonewashed jeans, a fanny pack and one earring. Very hip!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I used to rollerblade with a discman.  Wait, that has nothing to do with running...  Confused

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

I used to rollerblade with a discman.  Wait, that has nothing to do with running...  Confused

+1

I could pull some sweet tricks too!

(BTW, my first CD purchase ever? Vanilla Ice "to the Extreme". perfect rollerblading music)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Were you wearing leg-warmers too?

AT-runner

Tim

Man, I ran road marathons for over 12 years. Now all this stuff is flooding my mind.  I'm such a sinner, I must repent.

I wore a large trash bag to keep warm - while lined up in a coral.

I peed in a Gatorade bottle - while wearing the trash bag - while lined up in a coral (DC, NY, Chicago, Baltimore etc).Big grin

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

(BTW, my first CD purchase ever? Vanilla Ice "to the Extreme". perfect rollerblading music)

You are brave to admit that!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You are brave to admit that!

Sounds like a totally new (and different kind) of thread...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Were you wearing leg-warmers too?

Only in your fantasies, Jon.

Running is dumb.