Trailer Trash

Windy Weekender (Read 22 times)

Daydreamer1

Well I think I almost finished up my new mountain bike build.  Dialed in the fork settings last night. Just need some test runs to tweak things a little and then I'll be ready for  a shake out ride on the trails. Can't wait, but will have to for another week. No time to get out today for a ride plus it's so windy that I won't go in the woods.   Wind speeds are averaging about 20 mph on my back deck right now .  Might get better this evening.   That really messes with my weekend plans.  Don't feel like a road ride, hate running in wind like this, makes yard work a pain and don't like to even spray the dandelions because my neighbor is certified organic  and I don't want to have the spray drift on his fields.

XT -  The people that I know that have hot tubs and keep them open through the winter often do seem to go to great lengths to design the installation to keep things from freezing underneath.  I'm sure their electric bills are nice and high as well, which makes me happy if they are in PPL territory.  More profit for PPL means higher dividends for me .

QOTD:  Sleeping in.  If you don't have to get out of bed and go to work or any other place do you tend to sleep in?

I do.  Went to bed around midnight and didn't get up until almost 9.  Part of that is the way my body likes to operate, part of it comes from working the types of shifts that I do.   Yesterday I came home from work  and slept through the morning so I wasn't tired until about 11 last night.  Even so, if I had been exhausted and went to bed at 8 or 9 last night I still would have slept in.

AT-runner

Tim

Windy Feckin 20 Miler in the books. DW said she almost blew over. I have more ballast than her so I never felt that off balance, but my back is pretty sore from leaning into the wind.  Very muddy about 1/2 way and had my shoe get sucked off. Stopped 3-4 times on way back to try to get rocks and grit out of my shoes and socks.  Crap in my shoes is one of my running pet peeves.

GC - nice to hear from you. Maybe dreamer can help with your bike renovation since he's done with his.

dreamer - My MTB front fork has a bad gasket and won't hold air, so basically it's useless right now. Looking online for a used one to replace. Good luck with test ride.

QOTD:  My back has a love hate relationship with sleeping. If I sleep in, I'm stiff as hell and pay the price for a few hours, so I usually just get up.  I'll nap on weekends in front of the TV if I want to get some extra sleep.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained this morning, 5 miles on the trails w/ Tiny this afternoon- tomorrow brings snow Smile

qotd: not much of a sleeper in, but I am a pretty good go to bed early guy!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

3 mile hike this morning. I will probably run a 2.5 mile loop a little later, maybe 3 miles.

QOTD: To me, sleeping in is getting up at 5:30. I am usually up around 4 to 4:30. I don't like to miss anticipating daybreak.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did 20 mi with a friend in the state park this morning.  It was really nice with just a little breeze, but it did warm up a little bit for the last 5 miles or so.

qotd: I’ll sleep in if given the chance.  But if I have a run planned and can’t run later in the day I’ll get up.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

A really fun 6 miles today on a trail that undulates horizontally and vertically in a playful way. I had not run the trail in a long time. It was just great fun with places I've named "The Veiled Crone" and another is " Servant's Spine". Just great great fun.

DD: hope the wind dies back for you.

AT: sounds like a great accomplishment for you and DW. WAY TO GO!

Warden: hope you and Tiny E had a good run.

LB i'm with you...530 is sleeping in.

Sandy: 20 miles ..awesome.

QOTD: I sleep very little...just on and off through the night. I am up drinking coffee by 4 or 5.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3.5 fast miles after work. It was windy, but not as bad as I had feared.

QOTD: I usually sleep as long as I can, but I have to get up anywhere between 3:20 and 6:15 on most days for work or for getting the kids up for school. So sleeping in is relative. I very rarely sleep longer than until 8.

But on my days off, I like to nap in front of the tv after the kids have left the house, with a cup of nice hot coffee on the table next to me. 

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Happy Saturday night. Got in 4 windy miles with the group this morning. We stuck to the streets mostly as it was too windy in the woods (and wet after yesterday's storms). Gorgeous day here, if you managed with the wind.

Then I hit a couple of plant sales. Met a really sweet brittany puppy. And saw my friend's new belgian malinois puppy. It was a good day. Running, plants and puppies. Oh, and a BBQ and beer.

qotd: I don't like sleeping in, in general. I like the calm and quiet of early morning so my ideal rise is between 5:30 and 6, but many days it's around 6:30. Only if I'm sick or well off my schedule is it any later.

LB2

Ended up with a 3.5 mile fartlek run with the dog this afternoon. He wanted to play, and play we did. He is tired.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.5 miles on the quick side

qotd: Depends on what you consider sleeping in.  I generally wake up between 6:45 and 7:15 AM, but I don't go to bed until after 11:00 PM, the precise time depending on when I reach a good stopping place in the book I'm reading or I read the same page three times.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

...... or I read the same page three times.

Ha!!!  I do that all the time.  I thought it was just me.

Dragged my ass out of bed early this morning to meet my friend for our 10 mile loop.  I was really tired and stale from yesterday’s run, but I made it.  My friend didn’t show up...  I did 11 miles.  It wasn’t pretty I was both mentally and physically tired but I got it done. At least the subtle sunrise was nice, and I saw 3 different sets of duckling families. (Correction / update: 2 families of Mallards and one family of Egyptian Geese, evidently TX is being invaded by these lately but it was the first time I had seen them.)

Going to do some recovery stretching and core stuff at the gym while my DW is swimming.  Then our usual meet-up at the hot tub and cool down pool.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

5.5 miles on the quick side

qotd: Depends on what you consider sleeping in.  I generally wake up between 6:45 and 7:15 AM, but I don't go to bed until after 11:00 PM, the precise time depending on when I reach a good stopping place in the book I'm reading or I read the same page three times.

With my Kindle, I end up moving through several pages with my finger on the side as I doze off, so I  have to page-back the next day to see what I remember.

We joke that DW isn't allowed to read hardback books because she'll hit herself in the face as she falls asleep. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Woke up early this morning, that never happens on a Sunday for me .  Must have been the QOTD for some reason.   Still skipped going to Sunday school .  Usually I blame oversleeping for that.  In reality the truth is that I never go any more because I can't hear the discussion very well as there is too much other noise. I've often said if I have to lose one of my senses I'll give up my hearing.  I may be getting my wish .

Cool, damp weather around here today is leaving me unmotivated. Only did 4 miles with DW.