Trailer Trash

Finally Friday (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been a week - not horrible but not great either.  Here's to hoping the weekend can cure a blah week.  Got in a quick 2 last night.  I feel my legs are coming back to me.  I have been feeling good.  Back is doing well (one minor pain that seems to be unrelated to my previous issues).  I may try and get in a "long" run this weekend.

QOTD1: Do you judge other runners? (based on their attire, their pace, their running styles, etc.)

QOTD2: Weekend plans?

I try hard not to judge other people but sometimes I cannot help it.  I do keep my thoughts to myself though.  I will admit I love seeing people I would initially not think are runners out there running.  I will say to myself "you go girl" or "yeah dude".  Then start to wonder how I get judged.    I have often misjudged runners at races thinking that I will not get beat by that person only to find they are kick a$$ and I am not.  For me, it's all about learning how not to judge.

No big plans.  Maybe some painting of DD's bedroom if she ever cleans it up.  Maybe some pool time, and a long run.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dhuffman63

Trails

Kidney doc visit yesterday was good...he has no clue why one of my kidneys is now smaller then the other BUT he says as long as I'm willing to listen to my body and rest when needed or drop from races if necessary I can still do endurance stuff.  My BP was up so he increased my beta blocker but not too high.  I have to go back in 6 months.

Drive home was awful though as just as we were leaving Tulsa the sky opened up and the downpour was making driving increasingly dangerous so we pulled over for a little bit.

qotd:  Sometimes other people's attire at the beginning of a race but mostly I'm judging myself rather than others. "They are more fit, they look happy, they have friends (I'm always alone), etc"  And then we get going and all I can think of is keeping going.  I spend way too much time in my own head. 

qotd2: Farrier on Sat morning then massage in the afternoon.  In between I'll get 4 miles in.  Sun chores, 8 miles then go see Pets 2.  I might get to do my 8 outside if the weather holds.  The recent rains have been good in keeping the dust down on the road but it's washing out parts of it too.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I had a nice walk on the neighborhood trails last night.

QOTD1: Not really.  I think I more so make observations about people running, but don't really judge.  (Like if someone is running in sweatpants or gym shorts that go below their knees, I assume they're not running very far.)

QOTD2: Going to the farmer's market tomorrow morning with my BFF.  Possibly baking cupcakes.  Possibly attempting to go for a hike. Definitely going climbing.   Probably visiting my folks.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

BUT he says as long as I'm willing to listen to my body and rest when needed or drop from races if necessary I can still do endurance stuff.

This is excellent news!  Smile

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No reason provided
            AT-runner

Tim

I had a nice walk on the neighborhood trails last night.  I can finally walk out there again now that my piece of shit garbage human being ex (you guys use DH/DW - I'm going to use POSGHB) has finally moved out of our old house and into a different area of town. 

Sounds like you're at the point where I can finally tell you -- I hated that asshole!  He was such a douche canoe (thanks Diane, for the new term) to people on RWOL and very misogynistic. You are WAY better off without him.  OK, rant over.  Love you, Mandy.

SRD today.

QOT #1:  I'm that guy that people look at and say "you're an ultrarunner?"  Being 6' and 190 lbs, I look more like a linebacker (or swimmer) than a runner.  But when I beat them, it's always fun and I usually make a passive aggressive joke about it.  In Utah, Sue's carpool friend came in after Sue and a good bit after me.  He asked us is we ran the whole thing. I snarkly replied "yes, but I didn't push it".  Guess he didn't like being chicked by Sue and thought he'd be faster than me.

QOTD 2:  seeing DD#! and packing. 10 miler tomorrow to test out the legs, and travel on Sunday to Oregon.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

Mandy sweetie, some day we'll take that hike and I can tell you about my 2 ex husbands and the one I'm still married to.  I think at one point or another we all make choices that in hind sight make us look like idiots. If you ever need to get away from that area and just hang out in a very quiet rural area with some dogs and horses and even go out back and shoot some cans you are always welcome.  If you just want someone to talk to I have all sorts of time.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all.  Our heat wave has ended (for a few days anyways), back into the upper 50's/low 60's for highs- a slice of heaven!

Got 6 miles out on the trails w/ Tiny Elvis yesterday morning (beat the heat!) and then to the gym to strength train- wasn't pretty at the gym, sad how it can take 3 months to get to a point and only 3 weeks to wipe it away 

Started on cleaning/organizing the garage- a daunting task, will keep at it today.  Will got out for 4-5 miles sometime in the day.

qotd1: yeah I probably do to some extent; like Dr J I usually have someone who doesn't "appear" to be runner, only to run me into the ground

qotd2: the garage cleaning/organizing will go into the weekend I'm sure; if the stars align going to try and get one day in the Elkhorns- maybe try to bag Casey Peak (w/ snowshoes)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

No run last night. Mowed the yard and did other important errands, such as heading to the beer store to restock the beer fridge.

Plans today. Get the Lady out for a walk and I am contemplating doing a "long" run tonight, perhaps a loop around the lake. It's been forever since I've done a run over 10 miles.

QOTD1: The thing I notice the most is runners who get so bundled up to run on perfect running days, you know 50-60 degrees and they have on tights and jackets. I see that a lot. Oh, and starting lines of ultras I always felt so out of place compared to everyone else with their packs, calf sleeves, arm panties, ear buds, god knows what else. I'm standing there in shorts, shoes with a couple of handhelds. Certainly I must be doing something wrong!

QOTD2: Nothing too exciting, run, play a round of golf, trim some shrubs and weeding in the garden.

Mandy - I think I met POSGHB once. Not sure if I got the person right though. Up at Superior. He DNF'd. Hahaha. Glad you have your local trail back!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Jamie - happy to hike with you anytime.  Smile

AT - yeah, he was either being an asshole or had the charm cranked up to an 11.  Not a whole lot of in between.

Diane - thank you!  I would love to meet you someday!  Your quiet rural area with a bunch of animals sounds lovely.

XT - yep, you would have met him and Katie that year.  They both DNFed.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Five mile run this morning.  Temps dipped a bit so yea XT I had on two long sleeves and was wearing tights...it’s got to be 50 this morning.  Going to do yoga next.

Qotd:  of course!  I judge everyone.   I do judge them good and bad.  Like wow look at her, she has an awesome body or really girl you should not  be wearing  those tiny shorts.  Oh he’s hot, I winder if he’s into old ladies.  I do see folks that I am like wow you go girl/guy, but I think if I said it they may be insulted.  Oh and there’s always the....dude your like 26 and I beat you 

mandy:  you left off the most important letter E —Ex POSGBHE and I thought he was a self absorbed prick....kind like the one that hide in porta potties.

Duffman:  your place sounds heavenly.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuffman63

Trails

I wish I could figure out how to post pics so I could show you all.  Maybe someday I'll be tech literate...lol.

runtraildc

6 miles this morning, most of which was in the woods. Slow, and tiring but great, too. Nice to get out there again.  The humidity dropped and a breeze picked up for the last mile or so when o had to run the roads back to my house.

qotd1: observe, yes but not judge.

Qotd2: summer swim season starts tomorrow. Maybe some housecleaning. BBQ some steaks. Walk the puppy..

moonlightrunner

Teach me when you learn!!!

I wish I could figure out how to post pics so I could show you all.  Maybe someday I'll be tech literate...lol.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Wow, therapy session today.    Keep venting Mandy as I think it's healthy and we'll listen.  I only met him that one time briefly when I bumped bumped into you and him at Elver. Have to say even with a short meeting like that I was a little underwhelmed. LOL! But no judging, at least not until he blew you off. And you did vent plenty with me that day at Gov. Dodge so that's cool.  So we just keep moving forward and I'll be happy to take another walk with you next week sometime though find somewhere where the mosquitoes won't make us go insane.(save me a cupcake) 

Just got back from a 3 hour run/power hike on the gnarly and vertical of the Porcupine Mts. Mostly working the escarpment trail and I only saw one other person and that was a half mile from the trail head. That can sometimes be a busy stretch so that was a win.

QOTD-1 I'm a somewhat judgemental person so it's a constant thing with me to work on that so I really try not to. About the only thing I will judge on in general is how warm people will dress sometimes especially in black on a warm sunny day. Oh and manpris...

QOTD-2 Well I'm up in Paradise right now so mostly hang out. Probably a couple canoeings at dusk on a calm lake with a bourbon. Mountain biking tomorrow and a long run Sunday.