Trailer Trash

Finally Friday! (Read 34 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD today.  Heading down to Chincoteague Island for some R&R on this Mother's Day weekend. That means FLAT running this weekend.

QOTD: Apple.

When I was in the Coast Guard stationed in Ocean City, MD I would drive to Chincoteague, VA once a month

for a meeting. The first time I made the drive a co-worker told me that I'll know I'm in Virginia when I see

the sign at the border that reads 'Dang!'

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today. I realized yesterday that I've been running the same trails, using the

same shoes for the past few months. I know the hilly workouts help my fitness but I

think I need a road run once a week just to shake it up a bit.

QOTD: Blueberry all the way, the messier the better. (but not as messy as the story

sequence in Stand By Me).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I hereby volunteer to serve as an impartial judge for the Apple Pie Contest. Smile

Hey, hey, get in line!  However, I will exchange The World's Best Cookies for an apple pie.

Running is dumb.

Brian Runner

Probably going to be a rest day.

Ultra Cowboy

Got in 9 miles last night on trails.  Then went to dinner after and didn't get home until 11:30 pm.

This is my 3rd run in 2 weeks.  Bit of a stretch getting back into frequent running.  I feel it in my feet and calves...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Irish Luck

6 miles last night with lots of gnats!  SRD for me today.  Dark and Dirty rail race tomorrow night. DandD is like our baptism into trail running. We were so naive. I can honestly tell you that DandD was my first trail run--EVER--and it's a night time trail race.  We were so unprepared with our shoes, carried small flashlights, it poured, and we loved every second of it.  Big grin

QOTD: Pumpkin. I make a killer pumpkin pie that tastes like custard each Thanksgiving.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Chnaiur

Eight miles in Golden Gate park last pm. Cut down to half of the planned distance, and still really didn't enjoy it: I had sore feet and knees and was bored. I think doing 40 miles last week is getting back at me. That is way above my injury recovery plan, and I'm not supposed to reach 40 mpw  until next January.

EDIT: weights today

QOTD: meat pie (ground meat and lots of garlic). If we're talking dessert, its apple or blueberry.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

afternoon folks

6 easy miles up the Rattlesnake w/ my DW and two DD's- one of which is getting married tomorrow Smile

tried on a bunch shoes today- looking for a suitable shoe for some more adverse mountain conditions than the Grits can handle- eliminated a couple due to fit, but the new Altra Lone Peaks and Pear Izumi N1's are still in contention, hoping to try some La Sportivas this afternoon

qotd: huckleberry  (picked ourselves]) w/ lots of vanilla ice cream- mmmmmmm

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Taking a rest day today. Ankle is still not ready for long back to back days.

QOTD: Pumpkin and Chocolate are definitely towards the top. But my favorite has to be a good wet bottom Shoe-Fly pie.  Yep, I'm from Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

dpc3

Last long run in before Jemez, got in 25 in the foothills.

QOTD: Either pecan or blackberry cobbler

Watoni

Just got back form a 6 mile road run, focusing on speed, then a core workout at the gym. I'm heading back out in a few minutes to run up Malans Peak. 3000' of gain in 3.5 miles. Then I get to run back down.

QOTD: I really like Pecan pie but prefer cheesecake.

Ouch! That sounds like a tough climb ...

Occasional Runner

Ouch! That sounds like a tough climb ...

The local mountain climbers use it as training for Everest. Some of the guys in my running group do repeats on it. It's a ridiculous climb.

Watoni

Did 12 yesterday during lunch, hoping for 8-10 this afternoon ...

QOTD: My bride make s a mean berry galette, I make a nice Calvados spiked apple tart with currants and streusel ...

Watoni

The local mountain climbers use it as training for Everest. Some of the guys in my running group do repeats on it. It's a ridiculous climb.

How high it is? Guys I know run the direct route up Mt. Tam from Mill Valley, which is 2500 feet in under three miles ... not for me for now

Ultra Cowboy

How high it is? Guys I know run the direct route up Mt. Tam from Mill Valley, which is 2500 feet in under three miles ... not for me for now

Is this off Trail?  If not what trails does it follow?

WYBMADIITY

Save