Trailer Trash

Buckle-up Fridaily (Read 20 times)

Sandy-2

My DD and I have sort of matching buckles, hers from Tevis (on horseback) and mine from Western States (the run).  Now she wants us to do a nifty 69 miler in Texas in May (no horses involved) so we can get this beauty.....

Unfortunately it's a little too close to the TRT, so we will have to wait until next year.

I plan to run after work today.

qotd: any unusual race swag?

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

My friend and I are doing the 56k at Possums Revenge and I'm sorry that is not tempting me at all.  I had my adjustment yesterday and she thinks I have some sort of knee issue in my left knee...it doesn't and hasn't hurt so I'm leaving it alone.  I got the CBD cream in and tried it...back doesn't hurt but I have one hell of a headache today.  Not sure if it's related or if it's the weather.  We are getting nasty weather Sat night.  I did do my 6 last night and ended with a whopping 89 miles for the month.  Oh well here's to March being better.

qotd:  Best ever so far is a sign that is just like a speed limit sign size wise for a 50k...the one I did my best time ever at so I have it proudly displayed on my desk.

XtremeTaper

About 5.5 with the Lady out by the lake last night. Sloglike trail run most definitely. I wish I had an answer for my crappy running, and contemplated a total shutdown again, but I am not sure my mind can take that. Oh well. Lots of little birds fluttering about in the brush. The Lady was very curious as well she should be. She missed the most impressive birds though. A pair of bald eagles. We startled them on the honey suckle trail that runs right next to the lake. They sort of popped up out of the top of a dead tree (nesting?) screeching like crazy. They appeared to be almost coupling. I stopped and watched them fly off across the lake. Towards the end of the run the Lady had some sport with a pair of Canadian geese. She usually leaves them alone, but took off after a pair in a mild trot and then sent them honking and flapping up into the sky.

QOTD: Hat run had great swag. Received a camp chair one year. Of course there is my horses ass trophy from the halfwit for AG placing and the Laurel Highlands 70 mile mark obelisk which is their finisher's award. There are similar stone mile markers on the entire length of the trail.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Popping in to say hi.  I miss running so much.  But patience... My back is hurting a bit much today.  But it's a tenderness almost like I have a bruise.  Not sure what I did yesterday.

Sandy - that's a very...uh...colorful buckle.

dhuff - March WILL be better!

QOTD: Hmmmm….Got 3 long sleeve tech shirts from BluesCruise last year.  That is unusual to get that many and of good quality like that.  Gloves from Stone Mill are nice simple gloves and useful.  But I look forward to getting a buckle someday.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

No run again today. Three days in a row that I have been rained out. However, I was going to brave it this morning until I checked my account and realized that I didn't get paid today... So, I started working with the HR folks in email early this morning. I'll have to get a paper check this time, but they couldn't figure out why it wasn't posted. It has been a rough week, but it could have been a lot worse if my wife or kids would have been injured in the car wreck. Anyway, totaled car and no pay check makes for a tough week.

QOTD: Nothing really

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

A Buckle for a 69 mile run. Don't post that on FB, people will go ape shit. Every time someone talks about getting a buckle from a non 100 mile race it's always a huge argument.  I say, who the hell cares, but I do love to read some of the comments.

4" of surprise snow last night, since March decided to come in like an Asshole.  Not sure how much at Blue Marsh Lake, but forecast is for rain and snow in the morning during the race. Oh well, we were doing 20 tomorrow anyway, so might as well enjoy getting wet and muddy with a few hundred other crazy folks.

XT - how much snow did you get / any idea what Blue Mash might have?  I need to decide which shoes to use, but will probably bring an assortment.

Did you see Johnny Manziel's wife cheated at a 1/2 Marathon. She's sticking by her story and that means she ran 4:00 miles for the last 6 miles. Looks like she only did one lap of a section but still claimed she finished.  No word on any Port-O-Potty issues on the course.

QOTD:  I was 3rd at Sole Challenge 24hr and got $60.  That was pretty cool swag.  The year I was the first place male (not the winner since I got chicked) the RD stopped giving out cash  .  Annapolis 10 miler used to have the best swag.  Everyone got a Timex Ironman watch one year.  Blues Cruise is always great for swag.  Have a few beer glasses from some Pretzel City Races. They are always nice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in 3 miles in the woods last night during swimming. Wanted more time than I had, but it was a great run. These trails have been underwater/muddy/eroded away all season so I haven't been out on them much. Ran a section I rarely visit and found the park's anonymous 'bridge builder' created a new stream crossing. If you look closely, he wires old climbing rope across so you have something to hold onto as you walk across. This was a massive tulip poplar that came down last year. It's large enough and well above the water that it might be protected from being washed away in flash floods. That's what has happened to numerous, previous tree crossings.

Well, Whiskey Basin trail races are out of the cards for me. At least this year. We finally booked our tickets and the dates just did not work to get out there in time. I'll turn my attentions to finding trails to run for fun.

AT- SMH. What an idiot.

Sandy-- I'm at a loss for words on that buckle. Opossums give me the creeps, even cartoon ones riding a horse. I had to pass a dead one in last Sunday's race. Those teeth! that tail! ugh.

qotd: Annapolis 10 miler gave out jackets the last time I ran it. A really nice one with removable sleeves. I like my swag to be useful. No trophies or medals for me. Well, ok, I'm not placing anywhere or anytime to actually get a trophy, but I do pass on medals.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice little run this morning...my friends brought their dog Max but he has been limping so when we went to leave they put him in the car.  I was like wait a minute what's up?  So we did a 2 mile loop so Max could come and then dropped him off.  I love doggies...total of little over 6 this morning.  My power is back on so hot shower after run.

On way to work past the county road crew and than a big chipper.  So I u-turned and asked if they would throw my pile in.  He would not say yes, but he did not say no.  He said he was here to pick up whatever fell...cross gingers when I get back my yard is at least a little cleaner where the tree fell.  I knew one of the guys from the safety committee.

QOTD:  I want to run that race just for that belt!  I did get a chuckle out of the rainbow belt with the number 69 on it!    (12 yr old boy inside)  Nothing unusual that I can think of.  I have a sweet hand made coffee mug from SOB.

Sandy:  Ran with Alex this morning who is also running the TRT100.

runtrail:  Looks like my front yard....minus the water.  And it's not a horse..it's a unicorn

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

LB2 - I must have missed the post about the accident. Glad everybody is ok.

AT - We had maybe 2-3" here overnight. I think a see an inch or so in the forecast tonight. Blue Marsh should be similar.

Runtrail - There are some very old tulip poplars in a certain section of French Creek, actually it might be National Park Land, where Hopewell Furnace abuts. One is so old they have a sign for it. It would require several people to hug it completely.

Queenie - Nice work on rescuing Max. Hope they come take care of your tree. They should take the IL off that medal, eh?  Big grin

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I'm with Sue - I want that buckle!!!

dhuffman - Sorry about the headache... sometimes to alleviate one pain requires to create another one.  Glad the back feels better though.  Also, don't count out the knee.  Most of my running injuries came from "bad alignment" meaning it was something else that caused it.

runtrail - Mixed feelings on that tree, but I'm sure it's a blessing at the end.

Dr J - Hang in there!  Hope for a better day for you tomorrow.

AT - Yep, the snow last night snuck up on us.  We didn't get that much, but enough to snarl traffic up a bit.  You're getting a lot of LR's in early this year... whatcha got planned for upcoming races?

XT / QOTD - I think we're ass partners.  Yours is bigger than mine though....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queenie - Nice work on rescuing Max. Hope they come take care of your tree. They should take the IL off that medal, eh?  Big grin

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

I

XT / QOTD - I think we're ass partners.  Yours is bigger than mine though....

... Insert NSFW Asian Joke Here...

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles snowshoeing with Tiny Elvis yesterday- you know it's been cold when 11 feels pretty good 

7 miles on snowshoes today- cold, snowy, but beautiful Smile

qotd: nothing too unusual, did get a nice growler w/ a flying elephant on it from a run in Missoula

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

dhuff – hope the CBD helps. I know you’re way north of me, but the weather around here is nuts so if yours is similar it might be causing the headache.

XT – cool about the eagles, we have them down here too, but don’t see them often.

Dr J – hope you bounce back soon, but don’t rush it.

LB2 – I also must have missed the car accident, sorry, but glad to hear everyone is Ok!!!

AT – The buckle was a FB post and the person put a big disclaimer about knowing it wasn’t a 100 miler. I had no idea why, but now I do.  BTW, people were freaking out about the buckle saying they wanted one!!

runtrail – opossums are a bit creepy, but how do you feel about armadillo?  We have lots of both down here.

QoN – So…  when are you signing up for TRT?  Or you can come down here and get that nifty 69 buckle.

Bert-o – yeah not sure my DD can wait a whole year to get that buckle. She wants one bad.

mt - great photos like always.  That little dog is so great.

I never answered my own qotd:  every year the Houston Marathon gives out a beer mug, I have enough for a kegger now.  I got a neat, but useless, jug with leather coating on it I think it was for an AG or maybe a top 3 masters finish.  I got a business card holder with a horseshoe but I never took it to the office. A horse statue. Maybe I’ll send a photo later. (Here it is..  by the way a star, not a horseshoe. )

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

AT – The buckle was a FB post and the person put a big disclaimer about knowing it wasn’t a 100 miler. I had no idea why, but now I do.  BTW, people were freaking out about the buckle saying they wanted one!!

On the Ultrarunner FB page years ago there was a huge blow up about "Belt buckles are only for 100 milers".  It was fun (and scary) to see how passionate people were about this issue on both sides.

I think that's a cool buckle and next time you're in NYC, I'm sure you can find a place to wear it.