Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily!!! (Read 46 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I'm already 3 beers into my day while most of you guys are just getting up. I think drinking really helps with jet lag. I have no scientific proof of it, but I'm thoroughly testing out this theory.

I had an amazing run along the beach this morning. The views of the Indian Ocean at sunrise were amazing. We're really enjoying our time in South Africa.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

QOTD: It's that time of the month again...how many miles did you log?

I ran 312 miles this month and have 1484 for the year so far. I'm trying to stay above 300 miles per month. It's a bit harder than I imagined it would be.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

today's mileage is an unknown. As soon as I'm done with work, I'll be heading out to the Bryce 100 to crew for a couple of friends.

I'll get some running in, but don't know how much.

QOTD: this months mileage is a paltry 56 right now. My knees are not my friends.

MTA: any tips for crewing today? I'll have lots of ice, and I've had lots of discussions with my runner to understand is expectations.

I plan to help the aid station staff any way I can while waiting on my runner too.

Morning,

QUOTD: Spent 2 weeks on the shelf with a pulled hammy (too many hits one night playing softball). Healed and good now.

Meager 32 this month

402 for the year

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning.  3.5 miles this morning.  Still debating with myself about a LR tomorrow.

lace - we're all insanely jealous but happy for you.  Have fun!

QOTD: Just shy of 100 miles.  My feet hate me.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

good morning!

probably another URD.  Was in a minor car accident Wed pm (not my fault!) and have been told to take a few days off.  If my  headache goes away, I may fit in 4 tonight during swim practice.

qotd:  My mileage matches Birdwell's.  It has been a tough month and I'm looking forward to June.

Morning trailers,

I played my first Ultimate Frisbee game of the summer last night, and felt great. I wasn't sure if 3 days off would be enough recovery time from the 50k but my legs were responsive and pretty fast! It's a LOT of running, mostly speed-work type sprinting, so of course I'm a bit sore today. My body is not used to sprinting or even running fast....I'm not a speedwork lover. But the plus side is my runs tend to get faster during the seasons I'm playing Ultimate.

I will take another day off from running today, with my much anticipated return to the trails tomorrow. It's gonna be another 90+ degree day here in Philly.

QOTD: I logged my LOWEST mileage of the year in May (thanks taper), and ended up with 125.

Another long workday and no run.  I am so looking forward to June 25th when I will be fully retired (I am working two days a week now).

QOTD: 151.5 trail miles, but that includes 13 miles of backpacking.  The backpacking miles were mostly in deep snow with many downed trees and crazy hard so I don't feel bad about counting them.  Marley was a slacker for a few days and also wasn't invited on the backpacking trip, so she only had 119 miles for the month.

For the year so far I have 723.5 miles and Marley has 691 miles.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

dpc3

Morning folks I hope all is well. I have a lunch time run planned somewhere between 4-5.

Lace I just started work and you ruined my day by talking about beer drinking! Enjoy

QOTD: 190 for me this month

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

6 miles around the hood with the dog last night. Planning on hitting the trails for some climbing tomorrow. Sounds like our forest will be shut down due to the extreme fire danger Jun 10th if we don't get any rain. That means the only real trails will be much further away, might be rough training for my next couple races with limited trail time. Angry

QOTD: Wow, this sounds like a beat up bunch! I had a lower mileage month than I was hoping for as well, due to random aches and pains. 128 miles. Better than last month, but not where I wanted to be. Hopefully next month is better.

Good luck on the race lace_up! Anybody else racing this weekend?

Wandering Wally

lace_up - Loved the pics you posted.  Good luck in the race.

QOTD - 176 for the month.  My biggest month since last fall.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm running today after work!  Planning on 5 miles or so.  Then I'll spend my weekend crewing a friend during his first 100 miler at Kettle Moraine.

I wound up biking 19 miles last night and got caught in one of those scattered storms.  Pouring rain hurts at 20mph!

QOTD: Around 57 miles or so.  Roll eyes   Cry  Black eye  Sad  Disapprove  Sigh.

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

6.7 mi this a.m.  Warm and humid, felt blah.  Oh well.

QOTD:  130-ish, 20-30 less than planned due to minor injury.

Good luck to lace and all of the other racers this weekend!

Ultra Cowboy

Last night's trail run was 7.25 miles and I was feeling beat from the get go.  BLEH.

I really held my running partners back on the uphills.

Went straight home to bed.

QOTD.  That got me to 109 miles this month.  More than I expected, Especially with no Race to train for on the horizon.  looks like I am .6 miles shy of 600 for 2013, so I should go have a short run tonight to get over the hump.

WYBMADIITY

Save

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Foot feeling pretty good today.  Ready for some trail miles tomorrow.

QOTD:  213 for the month (helped by 63.5 at a race).  Almost 100 of those were on roads and paved walkways, so now I'm ready to head back to my typical 80% trail 20% road mode for the rest of the summer.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

SRD due to work and getting ready for a 30k tomorrow. With temps predicted to be in the 80s it should be fun, especially since my mileage has been down the last two months.

QOTD: Not sure exactly, but somewhere between 85-95 miles. At least most of it was on trails and the ankle seems to be back to about 80%.