Trailer Trash

Javelina Jundred RR...Only Beer Can Make it Better (Read 59 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my JJ100 RR. It was a tough year with excessive heat but we got it done.

This is my 3rd 100 miler in one month and the last two were back to back. I posted sub 20 hour times in my back to back races and cracked the top 10 at JJ for the second year.

All in all...it went better than planned.

You can check it out here...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/10/2013-javelina-jundred-soyeahits-hot-in.html

Thanks.

Kelly

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Kelly.  That costumed guy with the "?" is dressed as the Riddler from the Batman TV show.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Nice job, Kelly.  That costumed guy with the "?" is dressed as the Riddle from the Batman TV show.

Thanks. I thought that might be it, but it's not always safe to assume.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Green guy was Riddler, or Jim Carry in Batman Forever with Val Kilmer as batman, Tommy Lee-Jones as Two-Face. I just got to that part of your RR and thought I would say since you said you had no idea on that guy Smile

Edited: Finished reading, awesome RR, unbelievably awesome time for a 100 miler and in that kind of heat, and in a desert... wow! Awesome job!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

You would think that I would get used to hearing these stories from you by now but I'm not... thoroughly impressed again.  I liked the story of the Pied Piper...I will keep that in mind and beware in the future.  Congrats on the buckle and the shovel.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

You would think that I would get used to hearing these stories from you by now but I'm not... thoroughly impressed again.  I liked the story of the Pied Piper...I will keep that in mind and beware in the future.  Congrats on the buckle and the shovel.

Yeah, that was really weird. That course is so simple to follow. I couldn't believe it erupted into an argument. It was like arguing with a really, really drunk friend that doesn't want to listen to reason.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You're getting a lot of white in that beard, dude.

Super impressive, Kelly, especially the B2B sub-20 100s.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Serious question: How can a situation like that get so far out of hand? Shouldn't crew or aid station volunteers be watching for signs of trouble like that? In my one ultra (note my lack of experience), my friends alerted the medical staff that I may need help and they invited into the med tent as I completed my next lap.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

Yeah, baby! Other than the cactus and the carnage it sounds great .... your ability to recover is pretty incredible

Occasional Runner

Serious question: How can a situation like that get so far out of hand? Shouldn't crew or aid station volunteers be watching for signs of trouble like that? In my one ultra (note my lack of experience), my friends alerted the medical staff that I may need help and they invited into the med tent as I completed my next lap.

Most people running a 100 mile race will lose some portion of their cognitive ability. A doctor may be able to determine the extent of the problem, but certainly not an aid station worker or a crew member. To put in the most basic terms, everybody looks like a total wreck.

Occasional Runner

You're getting a lot of white in that beard, dude.

Its always been there Mandy but I never let my beard grow enough for it to be seen. I've had grey in my beard since I was in my 20's.

moonlightrunner

Congratulations on a great race! It is really nice that you are able to take time to enjoy the scenery and the people....yet you still get a

sub 20.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Low_O2

You're starting to make this 100 mile thing look way too easy! Back to back weekends, sub 20 hrs, drinking beer between laps... Nice work once again, looks like a fun race!

RabbitChaser

Great job, Kelly! Congrats on your 8th place finish and getting a new CR. The fact that this was done one week after a sub-20 hour 100 is completely mind boggling. Thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

LB2

Way to go. I liked that report, but I think I already told you that.

LB2