Trailer Trash

Maybe Mondailies (Read 41 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Do all you people have the day off and are sleeping in?

I was up and biking to work in the cold at 6:30am.  36 degrees is a little chilly on a bike.  Brrrr.  MORE COFFEE. PLEASE.

QOTD: Do you have any Halloween plans?  Do you turn off the lights and hide in the basement?  Take your kids out?  Go to the bar and drink a beer to avoid everything?

I like going for a run around my neighborhood on Halloween.  I put the blinking collar on the dog and look at all the kids dressed up.  They think Bella all lit up is cool and I usually wind up getting a couple of glow necklaces from the cops who are out too.  My neighborhood is soccer mom central and it gets pretty crazy.

Running is dumb.

Brian Runner

I do have the day off, but I couldn't manage to sleep in. Body hurts too much after The Green Monster 50k yesterday. 27th place, 7:31. The course ended up being 32.5 miles with 7,800ft of climbing.

QOTD: Every year we try to do a different theme on our front porch for Halloween. Last year we dressed up as Supeheroes, Star Wars characters the year before. This year I'll be the Tin Man as we decorate in a Wizard of Oz theme. Our street is like Hallowen central. We get hundreds of kids.

Our running club is also planning on a night time costumed Halloween Fun Run

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: We usually just stay home and hand out candy.  We usually have quite a few kids come by.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I'll do five this evening after work. I have 7 in the plan, but my groin is pretty sore from laying some flooring this weekend. I just want to work out some of that soreness, but if I am feeling good, I may go ahead and do 7. We shall see. Either way, it will be an easy pace.

QOTD: We usually go to a nice subdivision near where my wife teaches. I would rather turn off the lights and hide, but we shouldn't have too much traffic near this new house. We are in the woods.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Indeed, it was chilly early on. Radio said 34F. Must be warmer between Verona and Oregon. LOL.  But yeah, I need to find my cheapo gloves as my fingers were cold for the first couple miles. Ended up with a little over an hour at an easy pace.

QOTD--No plans. I just hand out the goods for the little hooligans. We seem to have less and less trick or treaters so I'll buy plenty of candy that I like and gorge. It's not pretty.

Wandering Wally

Resting today.

QOTD - I sit outside and hand out candy for an hour or so.  We live in a neighborhood where people from the rural areas come in and dump van loads of kids.  I will see ~300 kids in that hour.  When I run out of candy I go inside, turn out the lights and hide.  The kids run around the neighborhood.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Uh oh... now what?

Yesterday was the last day at the park for this year.  Cleaned, sharpened, and so on all the noisy things.  Frost this morning, 34ºF, and a search for gloves.  A few pictures from recent outings, trying to get organized again, knowing it will fail.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1405523616345248.1073741829.1402845799946363&type=1

QOTD:  We are almost the last house before the "big" fields.  We buy a few bags of stuff and end up eating it.  I think we live too far down the way from the last cluster of houses.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this afternoon- day off for Columbus Day Big grin

qotd: our new place has lots (lots) of youngsters around, so we'll probably have to stock up

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got my 15.5 in yesterday but it was a bit of a struggle at the end.   I usually run that route with my running partner and we usually take 40 mins longer.  I have the day off and had planned on going to the city to shop...but I hate it there so I will continue to wear what I have.  Have chores on schedule and may run but nothing is planned.

QOTD:  We live in a rural area, where most folks have long driveways and fenced in yards so no candy hand outs here.  We may go to a bar for a beer.

Mandy:  I am happy you ran 10.5 the other day.  How do you feel?  Don't push it...baby steps.

Brian:  Nice job on your run.

Gloves:  I'm such a wuss, my clothes came out at 50.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy:  I am happy you ran 10.5 the other day.  How do you feel?  Don't push it...baby steps.

No, no, no, I HIKED 10 miles yesterday.  I can't run more than about 5 before I start to feel pain.  It is what it is.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Currently sitting in the airport waiting for yet another flight.  This time to Tokyo.  I did get up early and did 5 miles, swampy conditions again this morning.

I didn't run yesterday because I was doing work (I am in a totally crazy phase at work right now so I had to put in some extra screen time.  Yuck.)  I told I boss I was grumpy 'cause he made me miss my Sunday run.  LOL.  He said I could have an extra helping of Sushi when I get to Tokyo.  Nice guy.  Of course I have my running stuff with me so I'll get in a few runs while there.

I get back Friday (yes a quick trip) and on Saturday I'll be in the woods crewing for my DD, she is doing a 100 mile ride.  I plan to hit some of her marked trails for a few miles at some point, should be nice.

qotd: I'll be in Genoa, Itally for Holloween on yet another business trip, do they celebrate it there?  Tyically when I'm home we sit out on our driveway handing out the goodies, and watching the ghosts and gobblins.  The little tiny ones have the best costumes.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Lunch break at work, I started at 5, so no run yet, but I have a few miles planned for after work. Still nice warm weather here, so it should be fun in the (sun) rain. Brian: congrats on the Green Monster! Sandy: n No Halloween in Italy, this is a strictly catholic country, so no ghosts and goblins. All Saints Day, and Memorial Da (of late family members) instead. So no Trick-or-Treating, this would be a major faux pas. QOTD: no special plans. Just trick-or-treating with the little kids, handing out candy afterwards, and driving the teen.

Run for fun.

LB2

No, no, no, I HIKED 10 miles yesterday.  I can't run more than about 5 before I start to feel pain.  It is what it is.

I don't understand why this pain has lingered for so long. No idea?

UPDATE ON MY FRIEND: On facebook, I posted yesterday that my co-worker was injured in the Warrior Dash. I think I went on a small tirade here last week about this particular event at that particular place. Anyway, my friend fell from a 20 foot wall and was hospitalized. We know she has two vertebrae fractures in her neck, and we found out this morning that she has some "damage" in her lower back. We are not certain exactly what that means at this point. So, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Yesterday, ran a hilly 8 on the trails of HayCreek watershed. Likely set a course record for the route. Can't remember if I mentioned last week that I am playing running ambassador to a young African dude (husband of a friend of my wife's daughter). He ran with with me and well it's hard not to put out some effort when he tags along in these runs. He told me yesterday his 10k time was around 30 minutes. So he had a nice jog while I cruised just a bit slower then tempo. LOL. He seems to be enjoying the locations I've been taking him to run. 

Today, might hit the rail trail after work for 8.5 miles. 

QOTD: We usually get quite a few trick or treaters and I don't want to be that "house" know as the candy cheapskate. The dogs bark like crazy at the trick-or-treaters.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Overslept, so went out for an extended 7.3 mile  run for lunch instead.  There are some nice single track trails in Core Creek Park about 1.5 miles away from work, so I got around four miles on those, plus 3.3 to get there and back.  11:40 pace on the trails, 10:20 on the roads.  66*F, and sunny, a beautiful fall day.

QOTD: My wife set up a nice little display/recieving area in the drive way, the night /day before the kids are due, then that night gets bored quickly and asks me to sit out in it and hand over  the candy

LB2:   That's horrible.  I hear too much about injuries on these adventure races, and had too much fun in the plain old woods jumping logs like a deer this afternoon, to make me want to do one of those.  I hope she recovers.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16