Trailer Trash

sizzling Mondailies (Read 44 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

looks like nearly half the country experiencing extreme heat, not as bad as some, but it's definitely morning running weather or in my case lifting in an air conditioned gym this evening Big grin

qotd: have you had to cancel any events this year?  I had to cancel my Devil's Backbone 25 miler in mid-July, starting a new job, moving, selling and buying a new house- simply not in the cards Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Good morning! I got in a double yesterday (in lieu of a long run), 7 miles in Baltimore and later 5 miles in Philly.

I'm hoping to get in 4-5 miles tonight, maybe longer if the rain washes out my frisbee game.

QOTD: I dropped down from the Vermont 50 miler to the 50k because I knew I wouldn't have enough time to prepare for the 50M this summer. But nothing officially "canceled".

runtraildc

Morning trailers!

Got in a very humid 5 miles around a NH lake this morning. My usual running companion here (sister's golden retreiver) was unhappy to be left behind, but with a newly diagnosed brain tumor and meds, I wasn't sure it was a good idea.  Maybe a shorter run tomorrow with him.  He's a great dog (and runner).  Heard a loon calling, which is pretty great.

T&C-- smart move.  That course is tough and you don't want to mess with it if you're not prepared

MT- congrats on the 'retirement' and move to a new job!

qotd- I haven't made any big plans for anything this year, so nope.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! I keep looking at the temps in the west and feel for everyone out that way.  It has been humid here in the east but nothing out of the ordinary for summer.  I got in just under 5 miles this morning.  Legs and feet not feeling great.  Iced my feet down afterwards.

mtwarden - AC gym sounds good...have fun.

TnC - should have run from Baltimore to Philly - that would have been a great LR.

dc - sorry about the dog...hope he gets better soon.

QOTD: I am not signed up for anything this year. All plans were (and still are) tentative.  Having said that, the tentative plans are being adjusted.  I still hope to get in a 50 miler late fall.  Everything else is simply icing on the cake and/or a supported training run.  But as I always seem to say - we will see what happens.

Have a great day! Stay cool.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

July 1, 1863 at 8:00am was the start of the 3 day Gettysburg battle.  Now I get to listen to cannon fire for the next few days.   

Bike ride for me today in honor of the Tour de France.  Hope I can get home without any lightning.  

Thoughts and prayers for all the Firefighters out there.  Tough day.

QOTD:  In May, I dropped from the Ironmaster 50k after I fought pneumonia for a few weeks.  Ended up volunteering instead, which was nice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

4 miles to and fro the gym for a miserable weight session. Spending every evening the last two weeks with somebody who I haven't seen in 2-5 years hasn't been great for my diet. I can take care of that when I get back home though.

QOTD: just agreed to cancel my only scheduled event (Skyline 50k)  to make room for family vacation in August.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Daydreamer1

I'm hoping to get out for a 11+ mile run today. All on paved and dirt roads around the house but at lest there are some pretty hard hills. But first I have to order tires for DW's vehicle. Then I may have to call the bank for a loan Cry. I can't believe how expensive these things are.

It was sad to hear about the 19 firefighters being killed yesterday in AZ. I'm sure the hot weather played a part in that.

QOTD: So far I haven't cancelled anything. I did drop from a 50k race to the 25k version due to a ankle injury. I'm signed up for a 100k later this year, but if my training doesn't start to come together better I may drop out of that. Have to make a decision on that fairly soon.

DigDug2

6.5 this morning on road/rail trail.  Dew point of 70 - gross running weather.  Semi-tapering this week for Finger Lakes 25k on Saturday.

QOTD:  I've only cancelled one, after learning more about the course and concluding that it wasn't my cup of tea.  Replaced it with another race on the same weekend.  Probably going to miss a planned (but small) race in August due to a change in vacation plans.

Have a good day, all.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Planning on a nice, longish run in the afternoon. DH and DD will be going to Maryland today, bringing our DSs back on the weekend, so I'll have a few days to myself. Yay!

warden: Can you send some of the heat over here? Cool and foggy today, but I want it to be summer!!

T&C: Nice workouts! You're going to be in top shape!

traildc: Sad news with the dog. I hope he'll get better!

Jamie: Brave to beat the funk!

AT: Are they still battling? That's a long battle...

Chnaiur: Oh those sacrifices!

DD1: Tires always break our budget, too. Makes me go around corners with curbs extra carefully!

QOTD: I had to cancel the last Tussey Teaser (FA HM) because I had to work that day. Sucked!

Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Morning all. I managed 5 humid miles this morning. Was not feeling it at all. All those IPAs this weekend really did a number on me.

side bar: where has lace been?

qotd: nope, no issues yet. Hope it stays that way.

AT-runner

Tim

side bar: where has lace been?

I see he's been posting on FB.  Not sure if he left us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We are under a heat advisory . I tried to running in the morning but the humidity is higher ...I know you non-desert dwellers will think I'm a wuss but it was 34% and nearly killed me . If I wait until later it is hotter but the humidity drops back to an acceptable level @10% .

QOTD : Not this year but last year I had to cancel two due to an injury

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

valerie: 10% humidity - I get that only in winter, on really cold, dry days, inside my house when I don't set up the humidifier. It makes my hair stand up straight with static!

Run for fun.

sugnim

Good morning all.  It's another hot one today.  Good thing I never run on Mondays.  I'm hoping that I'll get up in time tomorrow to get my run done in the morning rather than after work when we get in to the triple digits.

QOTD:  Good grief, where do I start?  I got super sick at the end of January, and that stayed with me for months so didn't get to do much running at all during February or March.  I did no racing this spring.  Also, my SO will be giving birth to our son in October, so no fall or winter racing is in my future either.  This year, I did a race on New Year's Day, the Pengelly Double Dip in June, and I'll be doing the Missoula Half in 2 weeks.  Other than that, everything on my race calendar has been cancelled.

Misty

Good morning everyone! A significant cool down for me this morning, temps were only in the 70s! Holla!! I did 7 miles before group, then another 3 in group plus an upper body workout with resistive bands.

Have a happy Monday!

Misty

Bless your heart.