Trailer Trash

Where's Spring? - Wednesdaily (Read 34 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Well, the groundhog was right, spring was here already, albeit with lots of rain. Unfortunately, the nice temperatures yesterday led me to open the roof of my car on my way home from work, and I forgot to close it. And we've had heavy rain for hours overnight... 

Cleaned and dried the dripping wet seats, inside roof and carpets best I could, hoping it won't be freezing again too soon.

Now heading out for a few rainy miles in the fog before work.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Run for fun.

Gator eye

Couch is right, it was so warm this morning I removed the ice and snow screw from my shoes and installed mud flaps.

We went out for 6 this morning in a 45 degree warm rain, well warm for this time of the year. No worries though the weather man said this warm spell will be over later today.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out last night for 5.5 miles.  I almost feel human again - just need some consistency in my running.

Wet day today, probably be lots of flooding locally.

QOTD: Ever been hacked before? Or info stolen? or similar?

I got notification over night that my paypal was hacked and now trying to figure this out.  I can't stand hackers.  I wish I could live without any banks accounts, paypal, credit cards, etc. - just stuff some cash in the mattress....

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Had good run yesterday.  When I got up tot eh top, there were snowmobile tracks on the trail, so I ran on the trail for 2 miles before heading back home. Made it around 16 for the run.  Looks lie rest or easy treadmill today over lunch break.  Rain really coming down now.

Couch - hope inside of car doesn't fog up on you. I did same thing to my truck a few years back and carpet took way too long to dry.

Gator - enjoy the mud. I'm wimping out today for a TM run.

Jamie - There was a Paypal scam going around before, check directly with Paypal and don't give out any information.

QOTD:  Had identity theft last spring.  On the same day that I was in Arizona running the Grand Canyon, someone in Atlanta used my SS# and opened a new AT&T Wireless account and got 4 new iPhone 6's.  The same day, a person used my Lowes CC # and purchased $1700 worth of tools in Indianapolis.  I think my computer was hacked into when I was on wireless at a hotel.  Had to put an alert on my credit and both Lowes and AT&T acted like it was no big deal even though I was freaking out.  AT&T never even tried to get a video from the store for charges, they basically said it takes too much time and work.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Legs are tired and I'm at work so a rest day is in order. Especially since I tweaked my knee  stepping out of the ambulance this morning . Just a little pop and pain behind the knee cap. Not feeling too bad so hopefully it was just like cracking a knuckle.  Had the weather channel on for a little bit and they are saying there is a new storm coming for next week .

QOTD:  Had it happen quite often with credit cards. I think some businesses that I had on auto pay  thought I was lying because for about three to four years i was having to call them with new credit card numbers. Had some family members that had debit cards hacked and lost a lot of money from their bank accounts.  I hate hackers and identity thieves.  Not really for the death penalty but for those idiots................ Well, I'm not so sure that they don't deserve it.

Daydreamer1

Jamie - There was a Paypal scam going around before, check directly with Paypal and don't give out any information.

I forgot about this. For awhile I was getting a lot of messages. Also happened with e-bay.  I checked with them directly.

Keep Going

Got 6.6 speed miles in last night on my development roads. They mimic a track which is very nice however my neighbors and residents probably think I'm deranged nut case doing loops.  I think I secretly love it though.

Couch - Oh man that sucks! I had something similar but It was purposeful..My neighbors kid puked an ice cream shake in my new car all over on a 95 degree summer day so I took a garden hose to the interior carpets..Man that smell lingered for months.

Jamie - I'm with you..I'm so tired of the bank accounts and passwords and paypal and credit cards..It's so annoying.

100 milers are my favorite

Wandering Wally

Ended up with an unscheduled rest day yesterday. By the time I go out of work it was snowing hard. Visibility was less than 50 feet. So, I stayed home and watched the snow. I'll try to make it up tonight.

QOTD - Never been hacked. Some of my clients have had their identities stolen. What a pain.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

muppy

10.3 miles yesterday while looking at all the Army vehicles and tanks at the local Army base. I feel like a kid whenever I run there because I'm looking at all the cool stuff!

QOTD I've been hacked a few times, however the bank or credit card companies were all over it and took care of it. The weird one was a package from Adam and Eve online sex store. I was thinking that the GF surprised me, but much to my disappointment I opened it and found 2 blow up sex dolls (completely with optional sexy lingerie. Not sure how I got them and I checked all my cards and it wasn't charged to them.  It's a mystery to this day how I ended up with $120.00 in blow up dolls. I did send them back in unused condition.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sorry about that muppy, that was my bad 

going to get 6-ish in this evening, supposed to be a little warmer today which will be welcomed- little chilly on my run yesterday

qotd: not that I know of, but recently got a letter from OPM federal department that does our backgrounds- was hacked (along with all of personal info) so they enrolled everyone in a 7 year free credit watch deal

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Supposedly I got the paypal thingy cleared up.  It doesn't appear that anything was charged to my account and paypal told me on the phone (after being on hold for 45 min) that my credit card and bank info is not visible to anyone that would get in.  I don't feel 100% sure about that but certainly feel better than I did this morning.

Warden - my employer (2nd largest in PA) was hacked a couple years ago and offered 5 years of lifelock.  I may be inclined to keep it and pay for the service myself after the 5 years is up but we'll see.  Scary stuff!

muppy - blow up dolls huh? 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2

5 today on the TM - planning to race tomorrow evening (indoor 5000), just taking it easy.

QOTD:  nothing serious - had some credit cards stolen and used, but no identity theft or anything.

XtremeTaper

Hmmm.. I have a feeling of slackerdom today or perhaps I can call it a taper day instead. It's grey, rainy, and not warming up like they said. The thought of mucking about in the rain on snow covered trails is not too appealing, and neither is the road for that matter. Perhaps I will jog a few miles later, perhaps not.

QOTD: Nothing too bad. Last year I noticed a small charge appearing on one of my CC bills, sort of recurring on a daily basis. It was for a hotel near Johnstown the week after I ran Laurel. We nipped it in the bud so to speak. I suspect some shenanigans from an employee of that flea bag hotel I stayed at post race.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gym at lunch today and than going to run after work with the group...probably 5 miles on the streets.   really I am going to run on the streets just to have companionship?  Maybe I'll do my lunch time run after work instead.  Alone but at least I am on the trail.

Suffering from Achilles Tendonitis (self diagnose).  Have had it for awhile and was wondering if my slightly lowered heel on my NB Leadville versus the Cascadia's was the problem.  So one article said maybe.  Not happy with how Cascadia have changed so not too willing to head back to them.  Anyone have a suggestion for a shoe with a mid sole drop of at least 10MM?

QOTD: Home Depot once told me I have a $6,000 credit on my card...    my husband calls it identity theft,  I just call it a mis-posting.  They reversed it. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

bagge_pants

4 mile progression on the treadmill, balance and weights, I feel like it's groundhog day, oh that was yesterday

QOTD: I've had an identity crisis.