Trailer Trash

Thunder Thursday (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

Yep, the title is almost the same as the one I had last week.  That's what you get when every day consists of rounds of thunderstorms, hail and flash floods .  Tomorrow's supposed to be nice so won't be able to call that one Flash Flood Friday, at least not in this area.

I wanted to run yesterday but there were storms in the area and we even got some small hail. Just pea sized stuff, nothing to brag about. I had just got the mowing done and the tractor was sitting outside in it and I was afraid that the hail would get bigger and harder and dent it up.

Then when the storm passed I started to tear out my old wooden garage door in the shed. Have a new steel one ordered.  While I was doing that another storm came through that wasn't on the radar , and it looked really nasty. I wanted to pull the tractor inside so I pushed the remains of the door up the track forgetting that I had removed some of the rollers from the top panel. When it got to the top and hit the horizontal position of course it fell.......................right onto my head. Cracked so loud that I was immediately thankful that it had hit something else to keep the brunt of it off me.  Looked to see what it had hit.  It hit....................nothing.  Nothing but my head .  Oh yea, that part of the wood was still solid until that point. Then it had a panel nice and loose .

Probably will head out for a few miles of run/walk with DW then go to the gym when she goes to WW.

QOTD:  Any chores you get especially frustrated with having to do?  There are some things at work that kind of drive me crazy, but the one that really gets to me sometimes is keeping the dishes and the kitchen cleaned up.  Just spent 30 minutes cleaning up this morning and there are already a bunch of dirty dishes in the sink .  It's never ending.

dhuffman63

Trails

DD1 are you my neighbor?  That's the crap we've been dealing with for what seems forever. I don't mind going out in the rain but the cloud to ground lightening, 30+ mph winds and the hail keep me on the TM. I had a couple of heavy plywood fall on my head knocking me out for a few minutes about 8 years ago when we were redoing the horse stalls.  Had a lovely knot on my head for over a week.

I had a chiro visit last night so no run and work has been insane.  I'm trying to figure out how it is I continue to need adjustments. How did I go 55 year with out needing any and now all of a sudden I'm "out of whack".  I hate getting old. 

qotd:  All of them...I'd rather read but hate mopping the most, then cleaning the bathroom.

Sandy-2

Dang Dd1, you should be wearing a helmet while doing that overhead work (that's the safety culture of my job showing, our health & safety dept are always stressing work and home safety).  Those doors are heavier than they look.

Speaking of health, I didn't run last night because I developed a little after-run niggle.  It was in my aaaah, "groin area", something was pinging in there and one of the boys felt outta wack.  Actually I think I may have strained something while doing all that puking.  No worries, it feels totally better this morning.  I'll try to get out while dodging some of our thunder storms this afternoon.

qotd: Doing the lawn down here in the freaking heat. That's why I have a lawn service do it. I don't even own a mower or edger anymore.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work today.  Hoping my hip allows me to continue to do this through the summer.  It's such a good feeling and I get in a lot of miles this way too.

QOTD: As a single person living in a 1 bedroom apartment, my chores are pretty minimal.  I'm pretty neat and clean up as I go, so I typically don't have a lot of big stuff to do.  My least favorite is doing dishes, but now that I'm only doing my own dishes and not anyone else's, it's not so bad.  I let the machine do most of the work!  I hate cleaning out my french press on the weekends.  Loose coffee grounds - ugh!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good morning fellow trailers!  Well I'm alive and  well    actually not too bad considering, bottoms of my feet are sore, not blistery sore (although I did have a few of those), more deep tissue sore

plan on a short recovery hike with Tiny E later

plan on getting a trip report up soon

qotd: mechanicing can be frustrating, when it's going well I enjoy it, but almost without fail there is something that goes awry- bolt falls into an abyss, can't reach a fastener, bolt frozen, the list goes on and on- DW generally stays out of my way she sees me wrenching on something as it often turns nasty 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd:  That's why I have a lawn service do it. I don't even own a mower or edger anymore.

when we moved to Helena I had already thrown out my very old lawn mower and trimmer; told DW that I needed new ones and also a shed to put them (don't like that stuff in my garage); she retorts "why don't just use a lawn service?"  good idea indeed 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran a very comfortable loop this morning at tempo pace. It was more like a fartlek run than a real tempo; it was fun.

QOTD: I don't like unloading the diswasher. I don't know why, but I just don't like to do it. Generally speaking though, I don't mind doing chores, but I just want to be left alone while I do it.

LB2

Gator eye

And just like that it’s summer.

Was a comfortable 50 for my morning run without a stich of under armor to be found on me. Suppose to get up to 69 today for a high. I’m hoping for 77. Lol

QOTD: anything to do with the lawn, thats why I had kids. Only have two more years of free lawn service them its up to my DW.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Welcome back to reality, Warden!  Thanks for not dying out there!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Just got back from swimming walking 4 miles.  Humidity is tremendous. Fortunately it's only about 70 degrees but 92-95% humidity. I'm afraid that the gym will be busy this afternoon with the weather like this.

Dhuff - I think you all have been dodging much worse storms out there. We have been having some isolated tornadoes in here but nothing very big.

Sandy - I've been trying to find my old hard hat from my truck driving days. Wanted to use that a few times when cutting down trees just in case any branches would fall on me. Never thought about it yesterday.

Mandy - Always thought being able to bike commute would be nice. Unfortunately for me that would mean I'd have to take a much lower paying job. 40-50 miles is just too far to commute.

Warden - Welcome back to civilization.

LB2 - I think your humidity is on vacation up here in PA .

Gator - Long time no see!!!!  Did you get a new pup?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - Always thought being able to bike commute would be nice. Unfortunately for me that would mean I'd have to take a much lower paying job. 40-50 miles is just too far to commute.

Yeah, that's definitely too far!  My 31 mile round trip is quite enough for me.  Have you thought about driving part of it and biking the rest?

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Crazy friggin weather lately.  Played dodge-the-tree on the way home from work last night. Thunderstorms with 1" hail in the mountains.  I decided to be safe and did a TM run today. 7 miles while watching TV in an air conditioned room.

Hope everyone else is safe from these storms.  On a side note, I see where people are now getting pissed at TV stations for cutting into their shows to broadcast Tornado Warnings.  Yep, they finally pushed it over the edge when the cut into the Bachelor to warn people to take cover. 

Gator - nice new doggie avatar

DD - figured you and Marie had the same weather. 2" hail reported near Hershey.

dhuff (Speed Racer) - so you used to be taller before the plywood incident? 

Sandy - allergies forced me to get a lawn service. It's the only benefit from allergies that I've found.  Hope you heal up quickly.

Mandy - did they ever do another MRI of the hip after you had surgery?

Warden - looking forward to the trip report.

LB -  my buddy sent me this  LA is dead last for 3rd straight year in Best States List .  He swears it's not true, but he's from New Orleans.

QOTD:  snow removal is the only chore I really get tired of doing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 miles this morning ..we ran a trail where a momma bear and her two cubs have been hanging out.  We did not see her.

qotd:  Cleaning the house...especially now that it’s for sale.  I call it cleaning the clean since it’s not really that dirty.  Just no satisfaction.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

DD no new pup. Mr Jangles still gives me his toothy grin everyday after work but he has retired from running unless following the four wheeler or chasing critter. He still likes playing a game of fetch which always turns into keep away after a couple throws

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - did they ever do another MRI of the hip after you had surgery?

Nope.  I had two done before surgery.  (And an unrelated third one for a foot issue.)  #4 seems imminent.  Really struggling and I'm not sure what to do.

Running is dumb.