Trailer Trash

Melting Mondailies (Read 40 times)

Marley and I had a nice icy 4 mile trail run this morning.  It was warmer than it has been and there was some melting, but there was still plenty of ice.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

sugnim

Good morning and happy MLK Day. I love MLK Day, and some pretty significant events in my life have taken place on this day. 2 years ago on this day, I found out we would have a son. And 14 years ago I proposed in front of the MLK memorial in SanFrancisco. Today, I have the day off work and I will take my son out in the running stroller for a few miles and then will come home and make a lasagna and teach my son about the significance of King and the day.  I love the hope and joy on this day as we head just a little closer to spring with thoughts of human equality and peace on our minds.

QOTD:  Do you observe MLK Day in any way?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning all.  I wasn't planning on running but I might try and get in a run tonight.  Have the day off of work...hanging with the kids as they have off school.  We'll see what kind of time I have later.  Got a big paper for school due later this week.

I am so sorry for any GB fans.  I don't know how they lost that game.  That was crazy!

QOTD: Not really.

Have a great MLK Day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Heading out for 5 or 6 shortly.  It's much warmer than the past few weeks and I'm looking forward to it.

qotd:  Not today, and I feel a little guilty about it.  I worked for a service organization for many years and we always had great service projects going on.  I did some volunteering yesterday, so I guess I'll count that for MLK.

muppy

Plan on 4 to 5 miles this evening.

QOTD Not really, I am working today, even my son has school today.

Sandy-2

Hi Everybody.

Been flying below the radar for a week or so, some running some resting.  I was in strategy/planning meetings all last week, lots of sitting and eating, I think I gained 5 pounds!!!

I did do 5 miles this morning. But now I'm in yet another airport lounge on my way back to Busan.  My DW is still staying in Texas to settle some things with the house and our DD, so once again it'll be a few lonely months.  The only up side is I keep myself outta trouble by working and running lots of trails.

lace_up, sorry to hear about your issues in Brasil.  Welcome to my world in Texas, trying to find the balance between hydrating, bloating and barfing.

qotd: every year on MLK day, even before it was a holiday, my DW would read the "dream" speech at dinner.

tbd.

hog4life

7.4 with Bella, now it's nap time, working night shift again this week.

QOTD; not anything special.

Daydreamer1

Trying to increase my mileage so I'm planning on 10 miles today. It's a little warmer then it's been the past few weeks so that will be helpful.

I knew with 7 minutes left in the GB game that they would lose. They took their foot off the throttle and started playing soft. Most come from behind wins that I've seen happen because the winning team suddenly become too conservative. Now I have to root for the Pats next weekend.

QOTD: If it wasn't for the stock market being closed today I wouldn't have even remembered it.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Disgruntled Green Bay Packer fan checking in.  Sigh.  That's a loss for the ages.  I would have rather us gotten beaten to a pulp the entire game than to completely fall apart in the last 4 minutes.  Not happy with the way McCarthy called things at the end.  I think we could have won against New England in the SB too.  Ah well...next year.

It's a SRD for me and a cut back week (there you go, Sue!)

QOTD: Not really, no.  I am at work today.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran a mile, than walked a mile, than ran a mile than walked a mile with Earl and Jack. Threw Jack in the car and than me and Earl dud another 4.  Went to a trail where I never see anyone since I had two leashed beast.  Ran into a woman with two loose dogs, no big deal, and than a lady with two horses; one loose and trailing behind.  Good morning. Rest of the day chores, chores, chores.

QOTD: No, it the same as the presidents holidays...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

30 minutes of run/walk on the home trails today... I'll do that a couple more days then put my feet up till the 50. I'm starting to look forward to it- got no idea if I'm prepared enough but it's been weeks since the achilles barked and the race organizers are offering a 25 mile option this year which is now filling up with friends and acquaintances. Should be a fun day out there.

qotd: Not really.

sugnim

Sandy, your wife must have some oratory skills!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

~ 10 miles on snowshoes with my DW; I had to leave my camp hastily due to weather and didn't have time to deconstruct the shelter-talked my DW into going w/ me; turns out I lost an extension tail to one of my snowshoes and luckily found it near camp 

DW wife posed for the pic, but said no way in hell would she sleep in something like that!

qotd: nothing special, but always try to get out anytime I get a day off from work

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Ran some trails in Tahoe again ... the melt/freeze dynamic is leaving us with some snow, some mud, some ice. I forgot the spikes so it was a little sketchy at times. I took lots of pics so broke up the climb at bit. Now home working again ....

QOTD: I read topical literature, listen to interviews, etc. One speech MLK gave about the two Americas not much before he was assassinated was really fascinating to me as to how his thinking was changing after the Dream speech.