Trailer Trash

"Feels like Friday" Wednesdaily (Read 24 times)

AT-runner

Tim

As I was lying in bed, I remembered that I forgot to take out the trash for collection. Then my foggy mind remembered it's only Wednesday. Oh well last day of the work week for me, so feeling very Friday-ish.

Lunch time road run, or maybe I'll have time to make it to the Battlefield and run the horse trials.  10 planned for tomorrow morning with a friend and DW.

QOTD:  On my Wednesday run, my friend said "ALL trail runners came from the same background". I disagreed and said it's a diverse community. So describe yourself, let's say, in High School. Use City, Suburbs or Country (or pick another term) for the first word and you group you associated with the most in the second word (jock, stoner, nerd, class clown etc).

Suburban Nerd

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a nice 7+ under a bright full moon last night.  DW and I are making our yearly pilgrimage to Penn State tonight to see the women's v-ball team play.  It takes us 90 minutes to drive there, usually the team destroys the opponent in 3 straight and the match is over in an hour or so, then we drive the 90 minutes home.  It's well worth the driving time 

QOTD: Country Nerd/Jock/Loner

Sorry I couldn't just pick one.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you get in some trail time and remember to give thanks tomorrow for something in your life.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Country Nerd/Jock/Loner

Sorry I couldn't just pick one.

It figures, the psychologist couldn't play along. 

I would have done Nerd / Jock, but I got along better with the nerds. Plus my undergrad degree is in chemistry so I have to honor that.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Had a spectacular night run yesterday in the snow-there was enough light from the moon (even though it was cloudy and lightly snowing) that I never turned my headlamp on.  it's a 5.5 mile loop that I've done many times that normally takes ~ 50 minutes, last night with about 6" of powdery snow it took about 75 minutes.

it's really cold here today (and tomorrow) so I'll take a SRD or maybe strength train at the gym

qotd: country jock/stoner 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in a second run yesterday, bringing my total close to 8 miles.  Right as the full moon rose.  Beautiful night. Today will be an easy, short run-- don't know where and when yet, but it will happen.  Getting some dinner prep work done now so I don't have to do it later.  Family arrives tonight.

qotd:  city rebel.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

mtwarden - your snow run sounds majestic.  I remember a run last winter under a full moon - it was so bright off the snowy trails - absolutely amazing. I was just thinking last night that I want to do some winter night runs under the full moons.  I may try to plan ahead for that - and look ahead at the full moons.

dc - you've been getting in some decent runs - you must be feeling better! Good to see.

AT - sorry 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

I ran 7 yesterday with 6 miles of trail tempo at the open space area with the 7/8 mile trail loop. Some fast running for me. Low 7 minute/mile pace I suspect. Today, some trail miles with the Lady on the easy side of Green Lane.

QOTD: My HS was in the main town of a rural county, I fraternized with nerds, stoners, and jocks. I am beyond categorization I suppose.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

11.3  Miles this morning on the horseshoe Trail and farm fields.

Was suprised to see ice on the pond.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and safe travels!

QOTD I would say smallish town/ deadhead

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading to the beach.. May run a quicky when I get there or might start drinking beer...days are going to be short and cold.  We never got our snow yesterday 

QOTD:  small town/catholic/partier

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD I would say smallish town/ deadhead

deadhead = stoner 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 this morning before work. It was cold, but a wonderful full-moon lit dawn to sunrise run! Glad I got out and did it.

QOTD: small town non-conformist

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Wasting yet another nice day at work . Oh well, at least part of the time will be double time and half  .

QOTD: Country, drop out, loner.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting ready to head out now.

QOTD: suburban misfit. Runners weren't considered jocks. I didn't fit with the nerds, and I certainly wasn't part of the in crowd.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Some good answers.  I can tell my friend I did a scientific study and he is wrong.

Yes, I agree, Deadhead = stoner

XT - That would make you a Rural - Town - Renaissance - Runner

Queen - I thought about adding Catholic in there too, but I went to an all boys Catholic HS and we all were in the same boat.

muppy

deadhead = stoner 

Pretty much, however I'd say dead heads are more energetic stoners!