Trailer Trash

Wild, Wet, Windy Weekender (Read 17 times)

Daydreamer1

Starting to kick up some nice breezes around here. Nothing approaching windy at this point but hey, it starts with a "W" which fits with weekend .  But as far as being "Wet" goes, tomorrow is supposed to be wet around here. Could get significant rain if the weather people get it correct.  As far as being "Wild", well I'm hoping something kind of exciting happens but nothing that really inconveniences me. At this time it looks like a boring weekend is on tap.

Probably get in a bike ride today. 25-35 miles depending on what DW wants to do. If no ride then a 7-8 mile run.

QOTD:  Building on yesterday's foot in mouth disease question.  When's the last time, or a notable time, that you suffered from "doing something stupid"  disease?

Just yesterday for me.  I pulled up to the recycling bins and read the new notice that said it was illegal to dump items on the ground the the place was now under video surveillance.  I then looked at the bin that was marked for Aluminum and metal cans and proceeded to dump in all of my plastic stuff into that bin .  First thought was "what a freak'in moron" .  Unfortunately there was no way for me to get the stuff out once it was in there.

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Just set up 2 awnings at a Halloween fund raising party for precious little McKenna (the girl I asked about type O neg blood for).  She's continuing to fight leukemia, but is struggling.  DD#2 stayed 2 nights in Hershey Hospital with her since both parents had a cold (from their youngest daughter) and were advised to stay away.  Her immune system is so bad right now that a cold could kill her.

Jess and I are dressing as Mr and Mrs Claus for a kids trick or treat hay ride. Pictures to follow.

QOTD:  Tuesday, I bought some 2x8's for floor joists and had just what I needed. Thursday, I was starting to install them, and grabbed one to cut to length. Once I cut it, I realized that I was supposed to use an 8' one and not a 10' one.  Now I'm one 10' joist short and need to make a 15 mile trip to Lowes tomorrow after a run. Measure twice cut once. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

6.1 miles on the local recreation trail last night.

QOTD  I almost did that on Thursday night. In my county trick-or-treat was always on the Thursday before Halloween. The wife and I made plans to stay home and give out candy on Thursday. I bought pumpkins for us to carve and  bags full of candy.  We found out Thursday afternoon at trick-or-treat is on October 31 this year.

My simple reply to get out of those situations is “ i’ve done dumber shit !”

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a very rare Saturday afternoon run.  I tried to replicate my race coming up next weekend - just shorter.  Rocky trail, up and over mountain, turn around and come back.  Total of 11 miles.  Lots of hikers with dogs out.  Saw one girl who had two horses with her.  Dogs, but were the size of horses.  I commented "Beautiful" on the way by.  She said thanks.  For the record, I was talking about the dogs.

The rain is coming.  Supposed to start in a few hours and rain straight for 1.5 days.  Better this weekend than next weekend.

AT: you must be happy that Penn State lost.  What a horrible second half for them!

QOTD: I never do anything stupid.  ( I am sure I just jinxed myself).

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.7 miles sort of fartlek cheering for the Immaculata runners at their conference XC championships. All the hills except the initial downhill are on the second half of the 6K course (8.22K for men) and many must be as much as 15-20% grade of more. The women got second which was a great way to wrap up their regular season.

qotd: I regularly neglect to check the map and directions I print out so frequently get "lost" and take a roundabout way to my destination.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

7 miles on Saturday, between 2 short runs. I found a new trail at the beach park we've gone to for years. They must have built it over the summer, when I don't go often. Pretty little trail through the woods around a pond. It also connected with another trail network so it was a nice expansion (and happy surprise). Today, I'll fit a short run between the rain. Maybe go to the gym.

qotd: Where do I start?

AT-runner

Tim

AT: you must be happy that Penn State lost.  What a horrible second half for them!

I dislike Ohio State (sorry XT) and Michigan more than Penn State, but not too upset.

DW and I getting ready to hand out Halloween candy from the North Pole. We helped raise almost $5000 for McKenna. Had about 115 kids come through the Trick or Treat Walk. I was stuffed, but a few kids said I wasn't fat enough.

Rainy run on the road today. No time to get to the woods, I have a birthday party at noon for my Mom.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

For the first time in my  life I saw a black bear in the wild, he ran about 20 feet in front of me right across the trail! Was really quite awesome! 6.0 trail miles.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Need to head off soon....wasting time preciuos time on this #%%#¥£€ computer. Actually looking at races and training plans which makes me laugh since I um should be out training!!!    Just going out fir maybe 10...we will see how Jacki does.

Qotd:  Well I was driving the new to me Karma Ghia and met up eith the running group.  Put my purse and phone in the trunk.  Mike was out of town.  So i try to open trunk and will not open.  Look for some cable underneath car to pull...nothing.  There is a little screw driver in car so I try to force the hood a little.... of course I wrapped it in cloth so I wouldn't chip the oaint  I chipped the paint....how f#%cking stupid!!  I knew it would happen...it's little; don't tell Mike.  Come to find out I only needed to hit it like Fonzie and it pops open.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a really tough 11 miles yesterday elk hunting, left the truck at 5:45 AM and arrived back at the truck at 9:00 PM- lots of blowdown to climb around, over and under- nothing can prepare your body for this- it sucks the life out of you!

saw a dozen cows/calves (probably a spike or two in the bunch as well) just at the end of shooting hours (and was still a long ways from the truck!), it's a brow tine antler area only so that didn't do me any good

qotd: see above 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Might go out for a road fun in a little bit. It's raining and I have another miserable headache so I may just go on the elliptical. It's hard to get outside in this weather when I don't have anything I'm training for.

Boy Santa is looking a little peaked these days. Life must be tough at the North Pole.  Mrs Claus on the other hand is looking rather,,,,,,WOW

Sandy-2

I’m on day 3 of forcing myself not to run and let my calf heal. I am going to walk a bit with my DW tomorrow. We’re currently on vacation, in Santa Fe. It’s really nice here and we’re 2 for 2 on finding great food so far.

Is this years World Series great or what???

qotd: just agreed to jump into a little race with my DD in December. Brazos 100 mi here I come...  We’re gonna go slow and it’s very flat. As they say, “how hard can it be?”

tbd.