Trailer Trash

What a scorcher Weekend (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Ugh. Went out with the coffee shop group this morning, but we started at 8, earlier than usual. I managed a couple of quick miles, then I was done. Walked back and tried to enjoy the light occassional breeze. My lungs are still congested, so it's frustrating. And Chowder is frustrated as it's too hot for him to run along.  Apparently this is usually our hottest week of the year, and it's living up to it. maybe 100 tomorrow then starting tuesday, in the 80s. We're planning to kayak tomorrow morning so that'll be a nice way to beat the heat.

qotd: Watching/reading anything good? I started reading 'Vanderbilt' by Anderson Cooper. Very interesting, and he's a good writer (not surprising). Still streaming 'The Americans'

NorthernHarrier

Hot and buggy 6 trail miles last night. The plan is to mountain bike this evening however we are in line to get some big t-storms at some point today. The radar shows it in Minnesota but not moving very fast so we shall see. Can't mt. bike during a Saturday day as it will be too busy but if I can hold out until 6:30 or so the place will be empty.

Heading out early tomorrow for Montana and then Colorado for about 16 days. Mountain adventure.

QOTD--Not much of a reader but I did just finish "Escaping the Velvet Rut". Quick read but not all that good. I know the author thru a friend and have partied with him a few times. He's a fun guy but he's gonna tell you about himself and essentially that's what the book is. 

On the road now, heading towards some scorching heat in Oregon.  No run today, maybe a few miles in Klamath Falls tomorrow morning before continuing on our way. 

QOTD: we’re on season 4 of breaking bad. Enjoying it. No spoilers!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Short walk day then deck staining all day.  Get some good leg and balance exercise as I am staining under the deck to I need to get off my knees without my hands touching the ground.  

qotd:  no reading no streaming.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I did about a mile of trail work on Saturday after fertilizing a field of brown top millet for the upcoming dove shoot. I probably won't participate in that shoot just because I don't trust dove hunters' understanding of what is legal and what is not. Even if you do everything right, it is not hard to get a citation for a dove hunt. I just don't want to be bothered with it. I have seen some folks get cited for some really silly stuff, but do you really want to get a lawyer and go to court over a $400 fine? I don't. If I have complete control over the field, I'll go, but I don't. Plus, it is super hot on Labor Day weekend down here. This morning, I ran 6 miles and saw a large boar. After the run, I did 50 push-ups, 100 crunches, 100 leg flutters, 5 sets of curls, and I jumped in the pool.

QOTD: We just finished season 4 of "Virgin River", which is a good show. I am also watching "The Old Man".

LB2

runtraildc

No run today. Too hot, too tired and a little sore. DH and I went kayaking on the Potomac instead. We rented a kayak at the boathouse and DH has a small sit upon he uses for fishing. It was a perfect outside. Mostly overcast with only a light breeze. Chowder has mastered the skill to climb into a kayak mid-river. He preferred to be in my boat and NOT DH's . Mostly because he prefers me over anyone else. Visited a couple of waterfalls, Chowder got to swim a lot and we left just as things were heating up.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2 Mike walk with Jack and then 5 Mile run.  The dirt road is full of black flies and I got bit many times....must stay on trail where there is only an occasional fly.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄