Trailer Trash

Edge of your seat Tuesdaily (Read 28 times)

Keep Going

I have $5 in for work Powerball drawing for Wednesday. Oh the suspense. It usually does seem like the work groups are the folk's who win these things. It's also MMT lottery day! I'm more excited about that! I like my chances to head down to Virginia then to buy a winter home in Hawaii.

Qotd: It's almost mid January and it no snow has fallen. I'm not at the least upset about it. As I grow older I find snow to be a nuisance. I used to love it when I was younger. Skiiing, sledding, donuts in empty parking lots in highschool. Now my old bones can do without it. Maybe I'm just a grump.

100 milers are my favorite

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You can still have donuts, only with coffee after a run in the cold.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Oh, if it's a betting day, add the odds that the windshield guy shows up in the time window promised with the right windshield this morning.  I think the odds of keystone, Couch and XT all getting into MMT are better (anyone else in that lottery?).  Good luck!

While I'm waiting for the car appt, I'm stuck waiting so my running plans are for a shorty and speedy run this afternoon.

qotd:  I like winter.  I like the snow and cold (but not the long winters I grew up with).  I do hope we see some snow soon.  It's cold enough right now.   It's not looking like it will be a ski year here out east.

AT-runner

Tim

Waiting for a running buddy to hit the trails in the light snow. We're planning on getting in 16 on the Ironmaster course.

Happy birthday, Kelly. Hope you have a great day.

Good luck to the lottery triplets.

QOTD:  Old age hasn't stopped my love of all 4 seasons, and I do love snow.  I like to ski and I do enjoy running in the snow.  I also love donuts. DW is less enthusiastic about now.  She doesn't ski as much as she did and had a bad ankle twist 2 years ago during a snow run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work. Started at 7 am won't get out until 10 pm. At the farm show so it should be a good day of people watching. They changed the location of our first aid station this year and put us right by some doors.  In theory they shouldn't be getting much use since they are service doors, but in reality they are constantly in use making it a really, really cold place to be .

I may have to buy a lottery ticket or two on the way home tonight if I can figure out how to play it without looking like too much of a fool .  It's the one area of life that I'm really naive in .

QOTD:  Sometimes snow is OK but for the most part I can do without it. Once I'm acclimated to the cold it's actually fun to run in the snow at times.  I do enjoy running at night when it's clear and quite cold. That really cleans out the lungs.

Occasional Runner

Thanks, Tim.

Hilly road run this morning, followed by some much needed circuit training in my gym.

Flying out today for my first business trip of the year. It'll be nice to get out of the mountains of snow we have here.

I'm growing to despise winter.

Back to the hospital for a wound check and packing removal.  Wish I could run.

qotd: At age 64, I still love winter and snow.  The lack of it is one of the things I hate about Florida.  Last year before the move the trail had some snow cover for most of the winter and I loved it.  If anything, being older has make me appreciate the snow even more.  Being retired and not having to hit the roads at rush hour helps with that a lot.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Keep Going

You can still have donuts, only with coffee after a run in the cold.

haha SO true George!

Thanks DC and AT. Gotta love waiting for the windshield guy! Chalk that up to "things that give me anxiety" LOL..

AT, don't get lost on that course (I'm sure you won't) I got lost countless times last year running Ironmaster's . The WORST marked course of all time..but an awesome course at that! Great beer at the end!

AT-runner

Tim

AT, don't get lost on that course (I'm sure you won't) I got lost countless times last year running Ironmaster's . The WORST marked course of all time..but an awesome course at that! Great beer at the end!

I marked 40 % of the course last year but for the 3rd time in 4 years we had people messing with the markings. I was out there running in reverse to find out where the course was messed up and caught 3 MTB'ers removing tape and flags before the climb to Hammond rocks. I got as many as I could turned around the right way. They also turned the arrow around for the 15k and 50k split. What a nightmare.  The rest of the course was marked my hikers (not runners) and I cold not get them to realize that runners need more markings because we are looking down more than hikers. Hopefully this year they will listen, as I'll be out of town and can't help.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Time to change and head out..hoping to get 6..gym at lunch fir upper body.  Fyi: I have been doing the gym for 6 months now and although no weight lose I feel good.  My core feels strong and firm and I am impressed with my ability to do push ups.  Although at my last 50k my back started to ache.  Only when walking hills though, when I run it stops.  That was the reason I started the gym.  r.

i may see if folks at work want to get a pool together.

qotd: Where I live snow is awesome since it's a 45 minute drive away.  If get snow here it last a week and work is called off at least 1/2 the day. Who wouldn't like that. 

At:  how do you get all those mid week long runs in? When do you see you patients or do they just sit in the waiting room.  

DD:  I had to ask the people at the store how to fill out the slip.  I wouldn't have done it at all but DH asked me too.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Keep Going

I marked 40 % of the course last year but for the 3rd time in 4 years we had people messing with the markings. I was out there running in reverse to find out where the course was messed up and caught 3 MTB'ers removing tape and flags before the climb to Hammond rocks. I got as many as I could turned around the right way. They also turned the arrow around for the 15k and 50k split. What a nightmare.  The rest of the course was marked my hikers (not runners) and I cold not get them to realize that runners need more markings because we are looking down more than hikers. Hopefully this year they will listen, as I'll be out of town and can't help.

Oh yea that's right! I remember you saying that last year! Stupid MT bikers wtf? Why would they do that knowing a race was going on? Jerks.

NHLA

Headed out for speedwork with Sandy this afternoon.

AT  they move the signs on the Blue Ridge Relay also. 50 teams got lost on one leg so the nx year I went ahead of racers and found  they had moved race sign and pulled up the street sign! It was at a five way intersection so the runners would have been screwed. We replaced signs before any runners showed up.

qotd  snow doesn't bother me but Ice sucks.

bagge_pants

Hi Sue, and all. 

I know a few of you I think from maybe past Runners World forum or Facebook??

Anyways I am picking up running again and was looking for a group and vaguely remembered this one and was happy to find it. I try to run trails 90% of the time because the roads hurt.

10.1 miles today slow on some trail and farm roads by a river. Last mile - pickups and a couple hill sprints in a cemetery. There is patches of snow and ice. Fell once. Listened to music. Saw no one. Should snow today at some point.

QOTD - I moved to Vermont and was expecting a winter experience. I feel gypped!

LB2

SRD.

QOTD: I am not sure what winter is.

Hey, Bagge. Hope you hang around for awhile.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

At:  how do you get all those mid week long runs in? When do you see you patients or do they just sit in the waiting room.  

Sue - I only see patients on M, W and F (8:00am -7:00pm). That's how I get my long runs in on Tuesdays and Thursdays (and also how I've been ale to coach).  I do reports and look at a lot of MRI's when I'm not seeing patients, and I can do that at home. It sounds nicer than it really is and my friends tease me about working 3 days a week, but they really don't want to work my total hours.

bagge_pants  - nice to see you again.

Nice cold run today. We had flurries most of the time but no accumulating snow. Friend got his right shoe soaked at a creek crossing very early on and I thought we would have to cut it short, but he warmed up. He pushed me pretty hard, which I need more of since I tend to take it easy too much while enjoying the sights.