Trailer Trash

Turkey Tuesday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I saw a turkey yesterday afternoon in my front yard, a big tom!!! I don't know if I will run today or take one more day off. I woke up at 2:30 this morning with a little sinus congestion and decided to go ahead and start getting some work done. I got the main thing I needed to do done. If I run, it will be a short one, but I think I will take one more day.

QOTD: Do you run when you are sick?

It depends on what I have. If I have chest congestion, I don't usually run. If I have sinus congestion, I usually run. But it really depends on how I feel.

LB2

Gator eye

Well I didn’t run this morning but not really a rest day either. I ‘m suppose to do a spin class with DD#2 at the gym tonight. It’ll be my first class, something new. 
      Got a real live in person race this weekend, a 8k. Signed up out of the blue just to get out and go somewhere. 

qoTd: yes for anything above the chest. I’m always been sick in the head so.....

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening; light enough now that I’m not needing a headlamp

strength train this evening

I should have added to mileage total yesterday that I had a little over 32,000’ of gain- decided to keep track of gain this year for the hell of it

qotd: mildly sick I’ll go, but it has to very mild- otherwise I wait

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Hey Burke, this is Groundhog Day not Turkey Day !!!

I had a 5:30am meeting again this morning so I'll run after work today.  Probably 5 mi.

qotd: about 45 years ago when I was running high school XC we had a great coach, an old timer but he knew it all and was loved and respected by everyone who ran for him. The kind of coach that past runners would come visit when they were back in town for college vacations.  He was a legend.  When my older brother was on XC a few years ahead of me the team were NY State Champs and my brother came in 4th overall at state. Anyway, Coach always said about running while sick; "if it's from the neck up you can run, below the neck don't."  Wise words I've followed ever since.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Roads were surprisingly clear so was able to get in a good 5 miles.

qotd:  If I'm not running a fever, I assume any congestion, drippy nose, etc. is allergies and run.  If I'm definitely sick, no running.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

No turkey's here. Just snow and shoveling and that is done now. I'd say we were somewhere in the 14-15" range for the 2 days. Nearby, meaning 15-60 miles away, 2-3 feet of snow fell. The middle part of the storm was sleet here so that cut down our totals.

Roads are all plowed and dry but I have not run yet. Too busy and crazy at work, but since trails will be a mess I will just run on the road once I am off this work conference call. 3-4 miles for the streak. I will take Baker along as he is antsy and feeling better.

QOTD: Hmm. Typically run a few miles. It makes me feel better. Well, that and a nap. I can't recall any chest congestion in a long long time. Last time I had the crud other than sinus infection was back in Nov 2019 and I did short runs during that time as I was in the midst of a 100 day streak.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Another day of just under 3 miles wogging. Ugh, I've felt exhausted the last couple of days.  And all this footing on either mud or slushy, packed snow is taking it's toll. I'm sore in spots-- calves and butt in particular. The snow finally ended around lunchtime. Our roads are clear, but I stuck with the bike path for the scenery. Tomorrow I'll get out for a real run. Also got in yoga last night, as part of the 30 day challenge.

qotd I take Sandy's XC coach's advice, even though I swam instead  in high school.