Trailer Trash

Travel Ban Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Nice morning run. I needed a good run today and I was thankfully rewarded. My PCP wants to put me on doxycycline again for continued Lyme symptoms, but I'm trying very hard to stay off it.  I've had 6+ months of that crap in the past 2 years and really don't want to do it again. Today was a good day, so hopefully on an upswing now.

A local HS sent some kids to France on Monday for a study abroad program. Now they are scrambling to find a way to get them home since only a few airports are deemed safe by WH.  The HS was in touch with government agencies before they left and were assured travel to France was safe and then the bomb was dropped last night on travel restrictions. I feel for those parents and kids. What a nightmare.

Now off to find toilet paper.  JK

QOTD:  Lets go to an old one we haven't had in a while.  Any new and exciting Beers lately (or for Jamie, foods)?  Sour beers are really getting popular around here, and I always stayed away, but a local brewery (Four Score) had a lactose infused sour beer that was very good. DW got it and I begrudgingly tried it and then ordered one. Don't think I'm a convert, yet, but was surprised.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

No run yet today and morning dog wog pushed out to noontime as I was busy this morning. So not much to report. Plan to run later out Green lane on a TTBD. Not sure if I will take the Lady along.

QOTD: Sweetwater 420 Stain G13 IPA. Sort of a nice and easy IPA, with an aroma that reminds me of my teenage years.  Big grin

https://sweetwaterbrew.com/brews/420-strain-g13-ipa/

AT - Not a fan of the sour beers or those lactose infused one's either. But that's just me.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I had sort of stopped "logging" miles in the training log on here for a bit. I felt like I was slacking, but it turns out I am doing much better with mileage than I thought. Most of it has been hiking into the woods before work or whatever trying to hear a turkey gobble. Our season opens on April 4th.  I have been scouting but have not heard the first bird. However, here are some things I do know about some of the areas I have been trekking based on camera footage we have: Gobblers and hens got together on March 9, 2020. Prior to that date on one place, we had pictures of hens and gobblers, but they were in separate groups until 3/9/20. That varies from place to place even on local levels, but it is good to see nature taking its course.

I did run a regular loop before daybreak and headed out right at dawn on a mile + hike to check a new place out that is between home and work.

QOTD: I have been actually drinking Yuenling Light lately. I had some IPA's last night, but I feel too full with them.

LB2

runtraildc

6 very easy miles in the woods with my running friend. He needs to be extra careful on the trails, so we don't usually run them together, but it was such a nice morning. Chowder stayed home. Lots of spring flower sightings, and even on the roads on the way back. The magnolias are starting in force.

qotd: Nothing new here. The brewery we run at on Tuesdays always has an interesting assortment, but I'm not a connoisseur, so I'm happy with most. Except sours. Not a fan.

Sandy-2

Day two of spring break here.  Still having fun.  DD also sent a text/photo from Nara, Japan they are still living the dream.

However I was doing some urgent e-mails for work too. Had to cancel some trips that I had coming up so that's really good for me.

I did a decent 6 mi run this morning, which was nice.

qotd: there are two small breweries within 5 miles of where I live and the local Krogers carries some beers from one of them.  It's called Back Pew (we are in the bible belt afterall).  I had the "sinner" IPA so far (that would be the open can). It was very good.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

interesting 5 miles yesterday w/ Tiny Elvis- 50 degrees and sunny (but windy), slowly turned to light rain, which then turned to snow- was 35 degrees when I got back to the truck- the old adage if you don't like the weather... wait five minutes Smile

strength trained this morning, will hit the trails w/ Tiny E later- we'll be in fresh snow as about 3" fell last night

qotd: I go back and forth between Scepter IPA (Missoula) and Bent Nail IPA (Red Lodge); our Costco has been carrying the Bent Nail by the case (and in cans- nice for going in a pack! ); I told DW I was shopping for the Apocalypse the other day and she asked how the case of IPA figured into that scenario- obviously she has no idea that when shooting zombies off of your front porch, a guy wants a cold beer close by! 

Tim- a discerning eye will see it sits right next to the three month supply of toilet paper 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Tim- a discerning eye will see it sits right next to the three month supply of toilet paper 

See you went with the "Wider Sheets". 

I always thought Sour Beers were a lot like IPA's in that you either love or hate them (no middle ground).  I was on the "Hate" side of the Sour Revolution, but now I've had at least 1 that I like. Don't think I'm a convert yet as I still like a good Hazy IPA or an Irish Red. We head down to Hilton Head next Friday, so I'll do some experimenting. 

LB - here in PA, if you ask for a "Lager", you'll automatically get a Yuengling.  It's a local PA tradition.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Initially I thought this was neat but not a big deal. Now I'm wondering

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

LB - here in PA, if you ask for a "Lager", you'll automatically get a Yuengling.  It's a local PA tradition.

I like it.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

George how cool!

We'll done.

moonlightrunner

Nothing for me today run or hike wise. I sleep very little and life has been very stressful. Planning a long run hike tomorrow after work.

My sister and I need to have "the talk" with our parents this weekend. We think they need to stop driving and need to be out and about with supervision. On Tuesday they went to the drugstore. A panhandler knocked on their window and gave a really unlike story about needing a ride to her church. They said yes, drove her across town and dropped her off at a house. It looks like the lady took my mom's purse and wallet. They were both party to the bad decision. It was a relatively minor consequence to a really bad decision...the outcome of which could have been much worse. Sucks to get old.

Qotd: not fond of beer...but a dirty martini sure sounds good.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Jeez George- you're a celebrity now, probably won't want to hang out with the likes of us Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Jeez George- you're a celebrity now, probably won't want to hang out with the likes of us Smile

It's an early season quirk.  Assuming all the races aren't cancelled, I'll be well down the list by the end of the year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

It's an early season quirk.  Assuming all the races aren't cancelled, I'll be well down the list by the end of the year.

Don't be too sure, George. You may stay there for a while. My 48hr race had me at #3 in my AG after my May race and I stayed there.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Complicated...but I think overall it means you are pretty dam awesome George!!!

Initially I thought this was neat but not a big deal. Now I'm wondering

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄