Trailer Trash

Mundane Monday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Weekend's over, folks. Got in my half marathon yesterday under perfect conditions- 60s, sunshine but we were mostly in the woods on a paved trail, hills mostly in the first half. Got it done, but slow. We were warned by our training group not to race, so I didn't but this training has made me slow. The plan was then to run 5-7 more miles home, but my stomach was advising otherwise. I'm having a hard time eating and drinking anything other than water and I need to figure that out.

Right now I'm fasting for a medical appointment (not that one), and my stomach is grumbling terribly.  I am not running later, but planning on a row. It's been a while.

Congratulations to Gator and Gatsby!

qotd: Good standby Q: What are you watching these days? Or reading? I've been bingeing 'Entourage' -- which, for the record, I am not embarrassed to admit. It's total mind candy, which I'm appreciating right now.  I had not watched more than the first two seasons when it was airing, so it's a good catch up.

XtremeTaper

Sort of a crazy day here. Been up all night, supporting a big IT project at one of my clients. Not sure when I will get in a nap.

Yesterday, about 5 miles, split into 2 runs. Took both dogs out to the trails in the morning for about 3, then decided I would try a solo run with Baker around the neighborhood. We did 2 miles, and I managed to tucker him out after the first mile. For once I was doing the pulling, not him. He ran fairly well that first mile, probably about 9:30 pace.

I need to get the dogs out soon for a walk but still stuck in conference call jail.

QOTD: Just finished Stranger Things on Netflix. I need to see if the wife wants to watch season 2 of Mind Hunter or Bosch on Amazon. Waiting for season 6 of Black List to come out.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran another short loop this morning. It is hotter in September than it was in August.

QOTD: I am sort of halfway watching Shane Simpson bowhunt on North Dakota public land on YouTube, and The Hunting Public is also out there bowhunting on public land in the Midwest. I keep up with them. I don't bowhunt anymore, but I used to be obsessed with it. I don't really deer hunt much anymore, but since I bought that new rifle, I am getting excited about it again. I am also checking out Randy Newberg doing some mule deer bowhunting in Nevada. All of that is on YouTube.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD today. I did end up doing 10 mi yesterday, got up much earlier so it was cooler.  But at one point I walked about a mile with a running bud, he's an older guy who only walks these days but was a stout ultra guy back in the day.  He had a knee replaced about a month ago so that is also slowing him down these days, but he'll be back at his normal walking pace soon enough.  Anyway it was nice taking the time to talk for a while, and I wan't in a hurry.

qotd: we just got all caught up with Unforgotten on Netflix.  It's a British police drama about cold cases. With the baseball season gearing up for the various series and football starting, we may not have too much spare TV time these days. 

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Pretty stiff and sore today from big day working on Tiny House with DS.

Weather is changing, and I love the cooler temps. Might be a bit dark tomorrow when I try to start my run.

Gator and gatsby - Way to go!!  It was fun following a long.

DC - speed is overrated.   Congrats on the 1/2. Where was is?

This Old Man can still climb the rafters. 

3/4 sheathed.

QOTD:  Good Omen on Amazon. We're 1/2 way through, and then we are planning on watching Season 3 of Broadchurch on NF's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 10 Saturday followed by 8+ hours of walking at an amusement park, and then 8 yesterday.  Legs feeling good...mostly.

Congrats to G & G.  I missed the viewing party over the weekend.  That is soooooo exciting.  Can't wait to hear all about it.  And now I've the itch again for a hundo….

DC - congrats on the half! It was really nice out yesterday.

QOTD: Season 2 of Mindhunter.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dhuffman63

Trails

LB, please come up here and hunt all the stupid deer we have....I hate this time of year....sun's lower so it shines directly into my eyes and it's hard to see the sneakily little bastards on the side of the road.  After the wreck in 2017 I have a serious hate on for deer on the sides of roads.

Did a whole 15 miles this past week, sort of a cut back from my last week.  Sat was a massage and I had her work on my right foot as the soreness was creeping up...she does cupping and put a couple on my foot and holy heck that hurt but they feel great now.

Finally got the dragonfly tattoos I wanted on Sunday and then we went to see IT chapter 2.  Boy was that gory.

Congrats to all the racers this past weekend.

qotd: Finished Stranger Things and now we're working on A Series of Unfortunate Events.  When DD was younger I had the whole book set and I'd read them to her at bedtime.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT coming along nicelySmile

4 miles on the trails with DW and Tiny Elvis yesterday on a gorgeous afternoon- mid 60’s

plan is to get some miles in after work

qotd: we breezed through Mind Hunters- excellent!  I’m finishing up the Bosch series (DW not into that genre much); we just started watching Catastrophe- crazy comedy set in London- pretty good (not for kids!!!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

I just love Tiny E.  What a great picture.  That one should be framed.

LB2

LB, please come up here and hunt all the stupid deer we have....I hate this time of year....sun's lower so it shines directly into my eyes and it's hard to see the sneakily little bastards on the side of the road.  After the wreck in 2017 I have a serious hate on for deer on the sides of roads.

If we are shooting from the road, I may need mtwarden to come down and do the driving. I am left handed, so I could shoot from the passenger side!! On a serious note (shooting from a vehicle is illegal, even in Oklahoma), I have thought about going on a deer hunt in Oklahoma, but we are relegated to hunting here in Louisiana this fall. I have a competitive cheerleader who has had enough, but her mom is saying she needs to stick it out.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I’ll drive, but we’ll need a third person to run the light 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I’ll drive, but we’ll need a third person to run the light 

Hahahaha. You played that perfectly!!! I was hoping that would be your response. That is so funny!!!

LB2

Sandy-2

I think you guys know way too much about this.  From experience maybe?

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

mine is strictly from a professional standpoint, LB's............... Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

mine is strictly from a professional standpoint, LB's............... Smile

Just from being around a place where people sometimes let poor judgement get the better of them. I don't think it is as bad as it once was, but some local game wardens disagree with me.

LB2