Trailer Trash

Wonderful weather wednesday (Read 23 times)

runtraildc

Gorgeous day here in the mid-Atlantic. Low 70s, less humid, sunshine. Perfect day for a run. Got in 5 speedy miles in last night. These beer runners definitely are in a rush to get back to the brewery. Will get in 5-6 tonight on the trails, depending on my left foot. Felt funky, sharp twinges when we headed out in the foot ankle that I lightly sprained last week (before the HM, which I ran without incident).  It felt sore this morning, too, but fine now that Chowder and I have been doing errand walks.

qotd: What's your favorite National Park? Not local, state or out of country, but part of our NP system. Mine is probably Acadia, where I'm headed next month. I've never seen it during fall foliage, so this will be new to me. It's a park that has everything for me-- lakes, ocean, mountains, and tons of trails. Isle Royale is a close runner up.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for some miles in the warm sunshine. I agree, it's gorgeous weather here.

QOTD: I am divided between Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon NPs. Grand Canyon is just spectacular, Bryce Canyon is so beautiful. I have been to Bryce Canyon NP in winter, with snow on the little pinnacles, partially melting in the sunshine, icycles hanging down, sparkling in the sunlight, and it was incredible.

I'd love to run through either of them, but I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!

I am happy to report that my hip has been improving over the past month or so, but I've messed up my bad hamstring again.  So the cycle goes.  I'm also resting a finger injury, so I haven't been climbing either.  But still feeling overall optimistic about my various body issues.

QOTD: Kings Canyon.  The Sierra Nevada is magical. I've only been on the East side during a too brief trip.  I'll get back there eventually.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Light interval workout this evening , or maybe not depending on how I feel during my warm up.

qotd:  Glacier National Park.  Outstanding scenery, great hiking, and very easy to get away from the tourist crowds. That's out of 18 national parks I've visited including Denali, Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Short run at lunch on the Battlefield. Had a so-so run yesterday where I wasn't feeling the best. I still get those Lyme days, and looks like it will  just stay with me form time to time.

Tiny House is shaping up.

QOTD:  Oh, that's a tough one. I'd usually say the last one we went to, which was Rocky Mountain NP.  If I had to pick one, Yellowstone, no wait Yosemite.  We love Acadia. Never been there for colors, that would be spectacular.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Slept a full 8 hours last night. I find it very hard to wake up after a full 8. I think 6.5 to 7 is my best. Anyway, I finally got my act together this morning, but I am still sort of stuck in the short loop cycle of 2.5 miles per day except on weekends. As long as I get out, I am not too upset about it. No races or events to prepare for in the near future.

QOTD: I guess Rocky Mountain NP would be my favorite, but I have only been to 2, RMNP and Smokey Mountain NP. However, I have certainly spent more than my fair share of time in the Sierra Nevada's at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center (MCMWTC). Those mountains are pretty spectacular, but it wasn't a walk in the park. I think I would probably like Glacier NP better than any of them, though.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- shaping up nicely!

4 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening; me with a 45# pack, Tiny Elvis with a 0# pack Smile

will repeat with something similar this evening

nice weather here too, lows 40’s, highs 60-70

qotd: that is a tough one, so many nice parks and still several I haven’t been to- if I had to pick one I’d go with the home town favorite- Glacier, not too many places on the globe as wild or majestic (like George said, just need to set foot on one of the numerous trails to avoid the hordes)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Still no running.  But the knee is feeling much much better thanks to full rest I guess (icing has been helping too).  But I'm not going to run until I don't feel a thing going up/down the stairs. I still think it was so weird how it started while I was sleeping. Thanks everyone for the comments, hand patting and generally listening to me whine.  It really sucks getting old.

We're having quite wet weather due to a tropical storm/depression, I think we're supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of rain between yesterday, today and tomorrow.  We've been getting some really impressive downpours at times.

AT - looking great!!

qotd: I haven't been to too many actual National Parks, but so far I'll go with the Grand Canyon. 

tbd.

XtremeTaper

The days this week are merging into a never ending stream of dog walking, training, and running. Plus that work stuff too. Not much so far today, 1.5 mile walk with the beasts in the morning, finally made it for gym stuff at lunch, and a mile trot around the neighborhood with Baker. I will get both dogs out this evening for 3-4 miles on the trails. So proud of Baker today. He lifted his leg high in the sky to take a whizz. He had been peeing like a girl up to until then. Haha. Wonder if it had to do with him being fixed recently?

QOTD: Virgin Islands National Park, St. John USVI.

Sandy - Sorry about the knee woes. Hope the rest is all that is needed.

AT - Good work. Is the loft like the bedroom?! LOL, that could limit the sexual positions. Ha.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ Tiny Elvis lifts his leg so high, looks like he’s about to tip over 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest day for me.

AT: The tiny house is looking good.

QOTD: Acadia for me too.  I haven't been to too many.  I have been to the GC but that was a very long time ago.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Light interval workout this evening , or maybe not depending on how I feel during my warm up.

4 x 400m, 200m walk-jog recovery, avg 2:14, 5.3 miles total

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.