Trailer Trash

Wednesday Humpdaily (Read 37 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Morning guys and gals.  I plan on 6 at lunch.  Probably in and around the horsey trails of the Gettysburg Battlefield.

QOTD:  On your death bed, you are told you can do 1 more trail run, and you will have the health left to complete it.  Would you pick a new destination or revisit your favorite trail?  And where would that be? (this was a discussion we had during a run last week)

A:  I'd return to an old favorite.  I did a run in trail Ireland many years ago along the lakes of Kilarney.  It was just me and the trail, and it was magical.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing for me today but good old rest (and a crappy work day).

QOTD: good question.  I love some of my favorite routes but I would also have to pick a bucket list kind of trail run if it was my last - maybe a R2R2R or some other epic trail out west.  Hmmm....I suppose if I was picking now I should pick a longer course like a 100miler so it lasts longer.  So maybe WS100 or Leadville or Hardrock.  No not a race.  If it was my last, I don't want to be around people.  Just me and the trail.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

I ran 6 pretty speedy miles this morning and then got a great core workout at the gym. Looking forward to getting down to Moab tomorrow.

QOTD: That's a really tough question, but I would probably head to the Zion area and run on any of the amazing trails down there.

Wandering Wally

Ran 80 minutes last night.  Planning on around 90 tonight.

QOTD - Hm, probably an old favorite.  Kind of a farewell tour so to speak.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Birdwell

Morning folksy!

Easy 3 or so this morning.

QOTD: I would choose somewhere I've never been before, New Zealand. I saw "The Hobbit" over the weekend and I decided that I wanted to run wherever they filmed that movie.

The pooch and I got in a faster than usual 5 mile trail run this morning and baked a batch of home made muffins when we got home.  Marley keeps eyeing the cooling muffins Smile

QOTD:  Tough call, but probably somewhere new and challenging.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT: thats awesome that you work right by Gettysburg. I grew up about 15 minutes from there. Love that place

Boyjame: enjoy the rest, put up with the work!

Lace: Good luck at your race this weekend. I am running Febapple Frozen 50 next weekend. I read your RR...you have any details on the elevation profile? Their website doesn't provide much.

mjsmith: good runs

Morning all. Did a 8 mile LT speed workout this morning. Felt good.

qotd: I would have to pick a new one (only because I have limited trail exposure. Read an article on irunfar about the El Cruse multi-day race across the Andes. That looks cool.

Occasional Runner

Lace: Good luck at your race this weekend. I am running Febapple Frozen 50 next weekend. I read your RR...you have any details on the elevation profile? Their website doesn't provide much.

I don't have any details on the elevation for the course, but it's not terrible. The first loop runs flat then takes a steep drop off the mountain and rolls for a while. Before ending that loop, you have a couple of steep climbs to get back to the start line where the aid station is. The other loop has a gradual climb and a few rollers, but is much flatter and far more scenic. I wouldn't consider it flat, but if you don't manage your race right, the hills will wear you down.

Good luck and have fun. I can't wait to hear all about it.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Heading out for a quick 8.5 miles. Kids' chores afterwards.

AT: "...a question we discussed during a run..." Must have been a good pace to be able to hold such a conversation. On most of my runs, the topic might have been solved with just a "yeah!". Wink

Jamie: Have fun at work - or at least, try!

lace: Good tapering work! Good luck for your race!

smith: Nice runs!

Birdwell: Sounds like a nice wake-up run!

TT: Mmmmm..muffins...Smile

tmo: Great morning workout! Sounds like you are in top shape!

QOTD: Probably something new, perhaps R2R2R, or Western States (not necessarily within the race). Although there is a nice loop that I hiked in the Alps which I'd like to try for a run...

Run for fun.

LB2

Three good miles this morning, windy and hilly. It was faster than I anticipated without too much effort. Perhaps I should run faster more often.

QOTD: I am not sure. I would probably want to run the entire Bear 100 course, not necessarily in a race. I might extend it to a three day event to savor the last run.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT: "...a question we discussed during a run..." Must have been a good pace to be able to hold such a conversation. On most of my runs, the topic might have been solved with just a "yeah!". Wink

Yea, some of my lunch runs are with 2 friends that I don't see as often.  Never a fast pace, so we can solve world problems, but then we usually forget the answers.

Tmotmo44 - Where did you grow up?  I'm a DC native, but have lived near Gettysburg for 24 years.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Good morning all.  Nothing RR to report yet, but I see the Dr. this afternoon, so hopefully I'll be logging some miles soon.

QOTD:  I would choose the Appalachian Trail because it would take a long time to complete & I may as well get the most out of my last hurrah!

TrailTromper: We are all eyeing those muffins with Marley.

Have a great day everyone!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD:  I would choose the Appalachian Trail because it would take a long time to complete & I may as well get the most out of my last hurrah!

+1 Yes I was thinking the same.  The longer the better for a "last" run.  I have a life goal of doing the entire AT.

Hope your dr appt goes well!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi everyone,

Just got power back here in SE Mass., 4 days w/out power/heat/light; 2 nights in cold house, 1 night in

our Honda Accord (with 2 doggies), then the last night with my folks on Cape Cod. Funny that we just

moved back east from sunny CA and we've been through a hurricane and blizzard, good times!

Got a good 5 miler in yesterday on my dad's dreadmill, kinda boring but nice to get a run in after 6 days

without.

QOTD: Cool question, sounds like the things you talk about during long ass training runs. I'd like to hit

the trails in the SLC area, I've never been except to drive through but it looks like one awesome place

to run.

run4loss

QOTD

When people ask questions like that and answer them, I just smile.  My dad had that question asked on him.  Doctors told him he had 1-2 years to live.  Died in 18 months.  You know what he did the the days after the news?  The same thing he did the day before.  Why? because in was in the right place in his life.  $$ was not an issue.  So build your life today, so if tomorrow the doctors tell you are going to die, you already did the things you wanted.  As a side note my BIL died 5 days before my dad.  Hit/killed.  He was waiting til his 5 annivesery to go to HI.  Never made it...