Trailer Trash

Weekend Warrior (Read 10 times)

LB2

Heading out to the river for a kayaking trip. We should catch a few fish and hopefully avoid getting completely drenched by dumping over a boat. However, my buddy has yet to make a trip down river without dumping his boat over. Sunday will be an early riser to try to knock a few squirrels out for my parents. My dad wants to make a squirrel jambalaya or something like that.

QOTD (From Friday): I always need more cowbell. And weekend plans are above.

QOTD: Any new recipes to share:

I got a new recipe for a grill cheese sandwich that I adjusted yesterday. Assuming you know how to put the bread in a hot skillet with real butter, I'll tell you what goes between the bread:

• extra sharp cheddar
    • Monterrey jack
    • crumbled bacon
    • jalapeno pepper jelly (recipe called for apricot-jalapeno relish, which I could not find)
    • goat cheese

This is a wonderful sandwich that is quick and easy to make. The flavors just keep on hitting, restaurant quality. And by "restaurant quality" I mean that it has flavor that makes you think, "How is something this simple so good...". We used a brioche bread, but I made another one with just white bread, which was also exceptionally good.

LB2

LB, that sandwich sounds delish.  Not so sure about the squirrel jambalaya.  Sounds like something from The Hunger Games. 

10 miles today and I was working hard. It’s warm out, and I haven’t run that far since my race at the end of August.  

QOTD: I’m not big on cooking so I don’t really have recipes. But I am big on salads and sometimes make my own croutons. It needs to be real bread, a couple days old and a little dry (not sandwich bread).  Cube, toss in a bowl with olive oil, onion or garlic salt, and any other herbs lying around. Bake on a cookie sheet in a hot oven until toasted and crispy.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Happy Saturday trailers. Finally ran this morning. I went to join the parkrun near my mom's but no one was there?!? Turns out there was another 5k at 10 am so they cancelled the parkrun. I ran the approximate course, but added in some hills. It's on a park along the power lines. Sounds dreadful but it's actually quite beautiful as they restored the prairie, there are potholes (small ponds) and a lot of wildlife. And I realized the grade is similar to many sections of the grand canyon trails I will be hiking in Dec. Did some hill repeats.

qotd: I'm on autopilot feeding my mom foods she'll eat. a lot premade or enhanced by me. I actually made some croutons for the Costco Tomato basil soup.