Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies.... (Read 31 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Watching the light reflections in the sky and on the ocean as the sun rises somewhere behind me.  Going to head down the malevon in a few for 5 ish.  It's getting a little dull.  Having fun with my sister and parents but city life is not for me!

QOTD:  What has been one of your favorite vacations?

We go to San Filipe Baja Mexico and pull our trailer onto a empty beach.  We have quads that we then ride up and diwn the beach and into the desert.  We use to bring our nieces and nephews and friends with kids.  It's so relaxing because when you wake up you are there.  Everyone can do your own thing and bonfires on the beach are great!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

10 miles after work. Water is everywhere down here. The Amite River is higher than I have seen it in years. I'll run topless on the country roads after work...

QOTD: The mountains. I love to be in the mountains.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good morning LB......pictures!!!! 

I'll run topless on the country roads after work...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

The pooch and got in a 3 mile trail run on the ice and frozen slush that the trail became last night when it froze again after yesterday's thaw. I don't think I could have run without spikes. It looks like more snow and/or wintry mix are due in a few hours.

QOTD: There have been a few really great backpacking trips and bike tours, but probably my bicycle trip from Oregon to Virginia with my daughter and one of her college room mates.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Finally our forecast is starting to look good. Somehow we have to make it through the next couple days then things look to be vastly improving. Yay!  Followed Mandy's order and got out to Blue Mounds late yesterday for two good hours of snowy trails. Pretty decent running and can't wait to be running in there sans snow. It is a rest day for me other than a light weight session.

QOTD--IDK. Maybe the next one.  I'll have to think on that, I have this memory issue.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning!  Got out for 4.3 last night on mostly clear roads...but dodging some ice patches made it fun.

Sue - for the record - I am at 109 miles for the year.  Aiming for 1000 miles in 2015.   You're ahead of me but I will pick up momentum.

QOTD: I have memories of lots of fun camping trips as a kid, tubing down a cold mountain river in the middle of summer in NH.  Had a cool trip at age 14 to Europe to visit my sister still give me great vivid memories.  One of my favs though was my honeymoon - a cabin on a lake in Maine - loons singing across the lake, kayak trip around the island, 2 day stay in Bar Harbor which included watching the sunrise on Cadillac Mtn at some ungodly hour. (side note - DW and I tried to do the same trip at our one year anniversary - rained the whole week - we never went back).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Got in five Road miles last night.

QOTD In my younger years I went to Seneca rocks West Virginia for a week. We went rock climbing ( I used to be good at climbing)  and caving in wild caves, was A great time when I was young and in shape!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hoping to get in some miles before the snow, sleet, and freezing rain arrive later today.

QOTD: A favorite vacation is hard to choose. Which ever one I choose, it will involve hiking and mountains. First thought is a trip to Glacier NP where I also went on my first and only backpacking trip in my early 50s.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I did 5 very foggy miles early this morning.  Only problem was that my glasses kept getting all misty.  LB2, I guess east TX and west LA are in the same weather pattern today, we're supposed to hit 77* this afternoon.  WTF?

qotd: my DW and I spent a week on Phuket Island a long time ago.  We were on the quiet side of the island and spent our days lounging by the pool, snorkeling, or hiking. We informally rented a jeep (actually sort of "payed/borrowed" one from a guy at the hotel) and had fun visiting the island's hot spots and other great beaches.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

I was supposed to have a Dr's appointment this afternoon. First they wanted to move it to a earlier time because of some icy weather coming, then they called back and said the Dr called off, so they cancelled it. Wouldn't bother me too much except it's for my CDL physical and some of the new truck driving laws don't really allow for your medical card to expire. Good thing I had built in a several week cushion.

Now I'm going to head off to the gym for some strength training and a stair climber workout.

QOTD:  DW and I have always been conservative with our spending, until it came to vacations. We've been to Alaska twice, East TN 5-6 times, Disney, and other assorted places so it's kind of hard to pick.  I would have to pick our second trip to Alaska.  We took our  1997 dodge pickup with an extended cab. The kiddos were 9 and 11. Put on 11,000 miles, got to Skagway, rode the ferry down to Haines, then went to Valdez, Denali Park, Fairbanks and drove up to the oil fields at Deadhorse. On the way back we stopped at Jasper National park and briefly in Seely Lake MT. I took along two spare tires, a extra alternator, enough tools that I could have almost rebuilt the engine and 6 rolls of duct tape. Used 5 rolls of the tape, all for the kids . We've had a lot of good times in TN, but the best memories are of the Alaska trip.

LB2

qotd: my DW and I spent a week on Phuket Island a long time ago.  We were on the quiet side of the island and spent our days lounging by the pool, snorkeling, or hiking. We informally rented a jeep (actually sort of "payed/borrowed" one from a guy at the hotel) and had fun visiting the island's hot spots and other great beaches.

I like the name of that island, Sandy: Phucket!!! I am assuming the "Ph" makes the "F" sound, and you get the rest. That is my kind of vacation.

And yes, the weather is just in a crappy pattern.

LB2

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

No run today (just like it is unusual). We have snow and freezing rain, and working 7a-7p. Damned extended clinic hours!

Harrier: I am hopeful your better weather will mean something good might come the way.

Qotd: you all take such great vacations. I have not actually gone on vacation for over 10 years. The best one was before I got married...that would be....34 years ago. My bf (then husband now ex husband) went backpacking in a wilderness area up in the Vail, CO area. That night there was a meteor shower that was breath taking. The hiking was wonderful, skinny dipping in streams. It was fun...and I think I am way overdue for a backpacking adventure.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

sugnim

Hi all.  I'm planning about 5 miles this evening with my son in the running stroller.  It's chilly out, but the sky is sunny and clear.

QOTD:  All vacations are good vacations.  The best one by far was when we splurged on a week in Kauai; it was just magical.  Most summers we try to get up to Glacier for a few days.  We used to take a lot more little trips before our son was born, and I think that as he gets older, we will add more of those back into our summers.  I'd like to bike the trail of the Couer d' Alenes and stop in all the little Idaho towns along the way sometime.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 miles on the road this morning.  Only had to jump into some snow for 2 cars that didn't want to give me any room.

Sister #2 had a mild heart attack yesterday and went to visit her in the hospital.  She's had a shit load of medical problems all related to long history as a smoker.  Looks like she'll recover but will need to be on oxygen all day now.

QOTD:  Wow, some nice vacations to read /dream about.  After my father died, 10 years ago, we took the whole family to Ireland to visit relatives.  It was kids first time and they were blown away.  We got to see U2 and Snow Patrol in concert before they went to Live8, and they still talk about that.  Even as kids they noticed how the pace of life was slower compared to what we live.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

URD, the freezing rain and sleet were exceptionally bad. Now you could go out there and prove that you're badass, or you go out there and prove that you're a fool if you break a bone. So, as I'm not foolproof, I chose to stay at home. 

AT: Best wishes to your sister for recovery!

QOTD: One great vacation was when I traveled through the Southwest, visited and hiked the Grand Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon (with a dusting of snow!), Arches NP, and some more, followed by a 10-day island hopping stay on the Hawaiian Islands. Lots of hiking there, too, along the Na Pali coast, and on hot lava fields, in the night, where the red hot lava meets the ocean. The stainless steel lacing of my hiking boots was totally corroded after that.

Run for fun.