Trailer Trash

Adrenaline Night Run 65k RR (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

Kelly- big congrats on a podium finish!  You already had my respect, but the last two races in the brutal heat has upped it- I am an absolute pussy when it comes to heat!  I'm complaining when it gets into the 70's Big grin

I must have missed it, but what were you using for a headlamp?  single lamp?

Love the white Camaro too!

Thanks for the extremely kind words. I hate the heat too but I think it can be managed, although not easily.

I'm using the Black Diamond ReVolt. It's really a great light. I had an older Black Diamond light until it fell into a shitter during the Antelope Island 100 miler earlier this year. I decided to leave it there rather than fish it out. My buddy Leon works in the outdoor gear industry and sent me the latest model out of pity. It has a super long battery life and charges via a USB port to my laptop. If it does die, I can toss in some regular AAA batteries. I was going to do a review of the headlamp in that blog post, but opted out because the race report was a bit long to begin with.

Low_O2

Nice job running a smart race! That heat sounds rough. Congrats to both you and Jo!

I noticed you weren't wearing your calf sleeves for this race, the first time I can remember seeing you race without them. Any reason why or just because of the heat?

Congratulations on such an awesome race!  It sounds like you and Jo had an amazing time running through the desert.  Great job letting the conditions guide your run Smile

Occasional Runner

Nice job running a smart race! That heat sounds rough. Congrats to both you and Jo!

I noticed you weren't wearing your calf sleeves for this race, the first time I can remember seeing you race without them. Any reason why or just because of the heat?

Just because of the heat. I usually wear them to protect myself from all the crap that grabs at my legs on the trail. It seems like I always end up with 1000 scratches and cuts after a race. For this race, I didn't want any more clothing than was necessary.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Thanks for the extremely kind words. I hate the heat too but I think it can be managed, although not easily.

I'm using the Black Diamond ReVolt. It's really a great light. I had an older Black Diamond light until it fell into a shitter during the Antelope Island 100 miler earlier this year. I decided to leave it there rather than fish it out. My buddy Leon works in the outdoor gear industry and sent me the latest model out of pity. It has a super long battery life and charges via a USB port to my laptop. If it does die, I can toss in some regular AAA batteries. I was going to do a review of the headlamp in that blog post, but opted out because the race report was a bit long to begin with.

thanks- I'll check that lamp out!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √