Trailer Trash

Valentine Eve Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Hey guys, don't forget it's time to shop today. 

Battlefield roads look pretty clear of snow and ice, so hopefully have time for 4-5 miles over lunch break. Everything was pretty much closed around here the past 2 days with snow and then ice.

QOTD:  Any plans / purchases for Valentine's Day tomorrow? (If not, share a new recipe.)   I'm off work before DW, so I'm cooking and baking.  I'm a good cook, but a lousy baker, so I'm making Bailey's Fudge for desert. Milk chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and 3 oz of Bailey's Irish cream. Sprinkle with pecans. Easy to make, so even I can't screw it up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Craptacular conditions here. Not as much snow as AT, but a solid coating of sleet and freezing rain yesterday means the snow we have is an ice encrusted crunchy mess. Hopefully it warms up and melts. Not sure of plans today. Since I am not training, perhaps another slacker day or some nonsense at the gym.

QOTD: We have agreed not to participate in phony holidays, though I do have steaks on hand for a nice dinner tonight or tomorrow.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

I did 4 last night then will do another 4 tonight.  Taking Thur off to get an adjustment, home to pack, then will drive down Fri for the craziness I signed up for.

qotd: my husband doesn't have a romantic bone in his body so we do nothing special.  Plus he's like you XT and doesn't care for made up holidays.  I don't really care, I don't wear jewelry, allergic to perfumes, cats will eat the flowers, and I already have a drawer full of chocolate.  He's not allowed to cook cause he burns things on purpose cause that's what he grew up with.  So this year it all about me getting ready to do my first event of the year.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles on very under packed trails, made the mushing rough- although Tiny Elvis doesn’t seem to mind Smile

will get out this afternoon for more miles

qotd: hoping for a long nap 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike trainer yesterday, will go to my parent's house to water plants and use their elliptical tonight.  I'm actually starting to enjoy the bike trainer some these days.  I think it's Stockholm Syndrome.  Send help!

QOTD: I will be on the lookout for cheap candy.  Duh.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Bike trainer yesterday, will go to my parent's house to water plants and use their elliptical tonight.  I'm actually starting to enjoy the bike trainer some these days.  I think it's Stockholm Syndrome.  Send help!

QOTD: I will be on the lookout for cheap candy.  Duh.

As one of our resident bakers, I thought you'd be one to give us a recipe.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

As one of our resident bakers, I thought you'd be one to give us a recipe.

Well, I'm currently on the hunt for a pistachio cookie recipe and was thinking of trying my hand at some Tartine bread.  If either/both of those pan out, I will be sure to share! 

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Ran 6 this morning into DC. slow and easy. Our trails are under water so need to stay off them. With snow expected this weekend, I won't be surprised if our county parks close soft surface trails for a bit for them to recover.

qotd: Meh. It'll be a regular Thursday in my house. I did send DS a package of beef jerky and other treats and it'll arrive tomorrow. Does that county as doing something special for a loved one?  Baking wise, I have a new-to-me french bread baking pan and have found a no knead french bread recipe that I will try out tomorrow. While I'm at it, I'll make a pan of cherry pie bars, which is always well received by the other DS.

moonlightrunner

The weatherman predicted 2 inches. Oddly, we got about 8 inches. I am just bummed out all I can do is look at it because I am forced by circumstances...probably due to my poor choices...to work for a living. I want to be out on the trail slogging through new and trackless snow. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 40 and raining.

I might go out late tonight...alternatively...I will haul out the sewing machine. I am making my own running/hydration vest because no one makes one with enough pockets in front for all the stuff I like to have easy access to. It probably will not be beautiful, but like my hand made minimalist winter running shoes..it will work for me.

AT: your wife is a lucky lady! Sounds like good eats. Cooking is so fun when you have someone to prepare it for!

XT: sounds like winter might feel long your direction too.

dhuff: hope the adjustment goes well and the packing goes smoothly. Good luck! It should be fun.

Warden: if you tire of Tiny E...send him my way...he sounds like a wonderful trail dog.

Mandy ..yum...it all sounds good!

Run Trail: hope your trails dry out in a hurry!

QOTD: it will be a pretty normal day. I will find some chocolate treat for my dad. I am making Italian beef for open faced sandwiches tonight...leftovers for us tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Good thing I don't have Stockholm Syndrome (yet).  Due to the storm that passed through yesterday, had to run on the TM last night.  Wasn't feeling it, so I bailed after 45 min (versus 75 min planned).  I'm hoping the slush will clear up enough on the bike path this evening or else it will be a cold wet one.  Anyway, a bit of slush on pavement is the closest thing I'll get to trails for a while.

Sandy - That's awesome about Devan and getting her own day in Houston!  Very exciting and well deserved.  Nice fat ass too (not that I was looking).

az2 - Welcome!

Sue - I'm jealous with all the pics you've been posting, but thanks for sharing... it's making me think about planning our next trip somewhere warm, and sometime not soon enough!

QOTD:  DW has to go out of town tomorrow, so we went out for a nice dinner on Sunday night.  I just picked up a card today (she already has her gift) and I'll unwrap my gift tonight.  It's a bit of a mish-mosh, but it works.  Although, I did make reservations a while ago for a dinner catered by a local butcher shop called The Meathook, but I had to cancel that with DW out of town.  Too bad I had to cancel... I was looking forward to making all the carnivores here jealous. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Guess I'm one of the few romantics around here.  (Just ask Sue, I cry at marriage proposals )

Sandy - Bert made me look back. Congrats to Devan Day!

Here's some candy for those that are looking. Next time I go back to Ireland, I'll pick up a bag. 

edit - "Pog Mo Thoin" is very well know term. It's "Kiss My Ass" in Irish Gaelic. It sounds really cool with an Irish brogue.

Sandy-2

I'll run after work today.  I won't tell you guys that it's a beautiful day down here without a cloud in the sky, upper 60's, low humidity, and only a slight breeze. I'm planning on taking the bayou trail to the park and back.

qotd: DW and I have a pact to not do anything for Valentine's Day.  But this year I'm going to follow AT's recipe for desert, slightly modified.

QOTD:  I'm making Bailey's Fudge for desert. Milk chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and 3 oz of Bailey's Irish cream. Sprinkle with pecans. Easy to make, so even I can't screw it up.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Second day no run here... my sister arrived and we are sleeping in the same room making it a littke harder to get up🤔

qotd: Well my Dad is stuck with 3 woman so I told my sister insisted of Dad taking us out, we should reverse it and make him dinner at the condo.  Provably stir fry because we don’t seem to get a kot of vegitabkes at the resturants here.

sandy: You must be a very proud Daddy..

gatsby:  i couldn’t have pucked a better two weeks to leave CA....course being in the sniw may have been fun.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄