Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 27 times)

Occasional Runner

7 speedy trail miles with my puppy this morning. It was 33 degrees during our run, but it felt pretty great while we were moving down the trail. The cold snap has pushed the mule deer down lower. I wasn't even paying attention and counted 18 deer along my route. There's no hunting along my trails, so they tend to congregate here this time of the year.

QOTD: If you could have free, automatic entry into any race in the world, what would it be?

For me, it would have to be Western States, Not because it's my greatest ambition, but because it's expensive and I'm getting tired of waiting for my name to be drawn. This. Is. My. Year!

LB2

I'll do 3 later. My head is already in Alabama. I got in my truck this morning and realized I left my lunch in the frig. I got out of the truck, went back in the house, grabbed my lunch, and walked right back out to my truck with lunch sitting on the kitchen counter.

QOTD: I don't know. I think it would have to be Hardrock. I don't know if I will ever run it or apply to run it.  But that would be the one. i like the remoteness of it.

LB2

The pooch and I did an easy three mile trail run. I had tightness in one hip so we took it easy.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

7 on the dark roads this morning.  Great running weather in the northeast.

QOTD:  The TransRockies 6-day stage race.  It's pricey.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all!  The old springer wanted to run with the gsp and I last night so we did a short easy untimed 4-5 miles out on the trails of Green Lane. When he tags along we don't worry about pace, time, distance, any of that. Puts a smile on my face when he gets wound up to go run again. Not sure if I'll run today or not. We might take a hike this afternoon up on the AT towards Pulpit Rock. The weather is suppose to be great and I am playing hookie this afternoon from work.

QOTD: I guess Western States as I've missed out on the lottery many times. I realize it's overhyped and such, but still would like to do it once in my lifetime.

Lace - heck, maybe we will both get lucky this year. Will the lottery pool be smaller with the lack of 50 mile qualifiers?

LB - Ha, taper madness. You need that race to start!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Morning! Heading out for 5 or 6 after work today.  Just signed up for Hyner 50k too so looks like I better start some hill training 

QOTD: I guess I would want to go international so I'll say UTMB.

Occasional Runner

Lace - heck, maybe we will both get lucky this year. Will the lottery pool be smaller with the lack of 50 mile qualifiers?

There's a lot of talk about a smaller lottery pool this year because of the elimination of the 50's. I'm eager to see if that's really the case, but I have to believe it is.  I remember advocating this position a few times on RWOL and being blasted as an elitist for wanting them removed as qualifiers. It always seemed like a logical move.

LB2

There's a lot of talk about a smaller lottery pool this year because of the elimination of the 50's. I'm eager to see if that's really the case, but I have to believe it is.  I remember advocating this position a few times on RWOL and being blasted as an elitist for wanting them removed as qualifiers. It always seemed like a logical move.

As personal friend, Kelly, let me come to your defense against who ever called you an "elitist". Kelly is not an elitist; he is just an asshole. You can count on me, buddy. I got your back!!

LB2

Occasional Runner

As personal friend, Kelly, let me come to your defense against who ever called you an "elitist". Kelly is not an elitist; he is just an asshole. You can count on me, buddy. I got your back!!

That was touching.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I guess I would want to go international so I'll say UTMB.

That race is a frequent shit show due to weather. I would be afraid to spend all that money, travel to Europe and have the race shortened or cancelled.

XtremeTaper

The correct term is "elitist prick".

I sort of waffled back and forth on the removal of the 50 mile qualifier. Mostly for local runners who may support the event and want to run it as their first 100 but I suppose they do have some volunteer slots they can give out for that I suppose.  Might work in our favor this year though. I slacked into the lottery with a 70 mile qualifier.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Howdy gang.  I see Gerber is catching himself back up to the dailies.  HI CHRIS!  Tell Misti to drop by too.

Bella and I will run 5-6 miles after work today.

QOTD: I take it my travel expenses are not getting comped?  I would love to pick something in New Zealand or somewhere similar, but I can't afford all the travel that goes along with it, so in terms of the US, I'd have to pick Hardrock.  There's an off chance I could get into WS someday (but I'll probably never try), but the chances of not only qualifying for, but then getting into Hardrock are so slim that I would have to pick that.  I'd probably get pulled pretty early, but it would be fun to try.

Running is dumb.

That race is a frequent shit show due to weather. I would be afraid to spend all that money, travel to Europe and have the race shortened or cancelled.

In my hypothetical scenario, the weather is perfect.   But I also read your post as "all expenses paid" for some reason.

Occasional Runner

The correct term is "elitist prick".

I sort of waffled back and forth on the removal of the 50 mile qualifier. Mostly for local runners who may support the event and want to run it as their first 100 but I suppose they do have some volunteer slots they can give out for that I suppose.  Might work in our favor this year though. I slacked into the lottery with a 70 mile qualifier.

The fact that a race is hard to get into creates more allure, more demand and ultimately, higher race fees. Hardrock and Western States could relieve the pressure if they held 4 identical events every year, thereby allowing almost everybody a chance to run the race. What stops them from doing that? People don't want to run a one of many races, they want to run THE race. Exclusivity matters to people. The excitement of getting drawn is part of the thrill. But this is a delicate balance. You have to leave open the genuine possibility that you WILL get drawn or people will stop getting excited about entering the lottery. To keep that possibility open, WSER had to limit entries.

Howdy gang.  I see Gerber is catching himself back up to the dailies.  HI CHRIS!  Tell Misti to drop by too.

Bella and I will run 5-6 miles after work today.

QOTD: I take it my travel expenses are not getting comped?  I would love to pick something in New Zealand or somewhere similar, but I can't afford all the travel that goes along with it, so in terms of the US, I'd have to pick Hardrock.  There's an off chance I could get into WS someday (but I'll probably never try), but the chances of not only qualifying for, but then getting into Hardrock are so slim that I would have to pick that.  I'd probably get pulled pretty early, but it would be fun to try.

Hi Mandy!!  Come visit next summer, now that you're running again!  Smile

I haven't run yet.  Night person and all that, I'll run tonight.

QOTD: Tor des Geants for me.  Been near the top (or at the top) of my to-do list for a few years.  Maybe when money is a little less tight.

Tor des Geants