Trailer Trash

Wing Night Tuesdaily (Read 16 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Easy 6 mile run in the woods.  Skin starting to get sensitive to the sun, which is one of the lovely side effects of taking Doxycycline, but felt pretty good today on the run.

QOTD:  Any regular "night out" place or themed night for you?  We're meeting DS and his GF for Wing Night.  $.50 wings and $1.50 drafts of Yuengling beer.   We go quite often in the summer.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday, probably go to the gym again as the trails are a no go again today Sad

foot is a little better today thankfully, but a long way from good to go

qotd: Friday nights are often pizza and wing night (but just as likely to be fish night too) and Sunday morning is often cooked breakfast, but it changes a fair bit too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Dang, work project call yesterday carried over to my midday workout window. So skipped my gym stuff yesterday so need to do that today at lunch though I might run instead. This evening heading out to French Creek Park to work with the PCS group on some trail maintenance.

QOTD: No regular nights out here.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Popping in to say hello!  Still dealing with too many issues on my end.

QOTD:  Nope.  As a single person, I basically never eat out these days.  People always say that they're too lazy to cook and wind up eating out, but I'm too lazy to go out, so I stay home.  LOL.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4.5 miles, felt really hot and humid, and my legs were tired.

QOTD: No regular nights out. When we go out, it is often a place with a salad bar.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, and I went up North last weekend and went on one of my favorite bike rides of all time where I rode to Lake Superior on some quiet gravel roads.  It was beautiful and remote.  Here's a few photos:

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

No run yesterday, but got a couple of steamy miles walking the pup last night. Then I slept really well.  I'll meet the brewery group for 3-5 miles tonight. Probably 3.  It will be hot. We've got a forecast of about 10 days of 90+ weather. High 90s later this week.

You're the second person today who said 'up north' in meaning a trip to Superior. I miss being able to do that.

Oh, and I went up North last weekend and went on one of my favorite bike rides of all time where I rode to Lake Superior on some quiet gravel roads.  It was beautiful and remote.  Here's a few photos:

qotd: We had the habit of going out for Pho on Sunday evenings, after a day outside with the kiddos. The last year or two, we've fallen out of that as a regular, but still go enough to say it's a regular. We have one place that is extraordinarily good, and my viet husband has tried (and judged) them all.

NorthernHarrier

Intervals in the Arb this morning. Seems to be a workout I can pull off whenever I'm really tired. Short burst of speed followed by recovery and do it again and again. Heading up to the cabin after a few chores around the house here.  Had to be home here for my car getting serviced and mowing.

Mandy--sounds like a great time up on the pond. Did I tell you one of my best friends has a cabin on Superior at Cornucopia?

XT--Work seems to get in the way of a lot of fun. 

AT--with this lyme thing, do you ever spray up before hitting the the trails?  Since I started spraying my socks and shoes with Permethrin my tick issues have almost come to an end. Couple years now.

QOTD--Plenty of nights out, just no recurring theme. We do hit one brew pub in Madison on an almost weekly thing.

LB2

I ran an easy loop this morning. I didn't really feel like running, but I was glad I did. I have just been extremely busy at work and really needed to get in early, but I came in at the regular time and just finished up a few items that I needed others to do their part on. I am not complaining though. Hopefully, all the craziness now will result in smooth fall. I won't hold my breath, but I can hope. You gotta have hope!!!

Mandy: Very nice pictures.

QOTD: We don't really eat out regularly, but I normally pick up a pizza from this local place on the way home. The pizza is so good.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT--with this lyme thing, do you ever spray up before hitting the the trails?  Since I started spraying my socks and shoes with Permethrin my tick issues have almost come to an end. Couple years now.

Yes, have many cans of spray in the truck.  My initial infection was last February during an unusually warm spell, and I didn't even think to use spray, since it was fricikin' February.   PA tic population is at an all time high and we have now doubled the second place state (NJ) for the most confirmed Lyme cases.

Tried Permethrin on shoes, socks and hat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy--sounds like a great time up on the pond. Did I tell you one of my best friends has a cabin on Superior at Cornucopia?

The biking was excellent.  My campsite was great.  The hiking...not so much.  Maybe I just picked a poor section of the NCT, but it was, ummmm, uninspiring and boring.  I don't mind hiking through the woods when the woods are nice (like Blue Mounds), but I'm going to need to do better research for next time, apparently.

And I'm jealous of your friend!

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a leisurely 2 last night.  The humidity was a killer.  Zero day today.  Unsure about tomorrow.  Got a long day at work tomorrow.  Need to hit the road by 5:45 for 2+ hour drive, conduct a site visit, and then drive home again.  I may either need a run because I am fired from the day or no run because I am fried from the day.  We will see.

So yesterday the QOTD about tacos must have been on my mind.  We ended up hitting a Mexican restaurant last night.

Mandy - great pictures.

QOTD: As a family we love our Chick-fil-a.  We do a fair share of pizza.  We like Red Robin.

Have a great night.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.3 miles in 88F heat.  Gotta get in some heat acclimation some way.

qotd: nothing for me as far as a regular night out.  Now when the mood strikes there's a good Indian lunch buffet that I'll hit.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did 7 mi on the beach front and along the river this morning (Wed).  Stayed on the flat part of the area to recover a bit from yesterdays 'vertical'. Went by the three new 'big beachfront buildings', one is 101 floors and the other two are 85 floors.  They tower over the place talk about over development.

qotd: we typically go out once a week, on either Fri or Sat.  We go to different places and no set 'regular spot'.

tbd.