Trailer Trash

Holiday Fridaily (Read 15 times)

moonlightrunner

No run today...but leg an knee are feeling good...so optimism for June 1 is creeping in.

Just spent a long time with a new doctor and they drew lots of blood. Which leads me to :

QOTD: what is your resting heart rate? Mine was 48 (after coffee). She thinks I am bradycardia and ordered an echo. I think it is from running.

Gotta go...they think I should work now since I finally punched the clock!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I'm heading to the climbing gym tonight.  I'm super glad I didn't give up climbing after the break up and forced myself to go back to the gym in the winter.  I've been really enjoying myself.

When does Warden start the Bob?  I guess I should check his tracker.

I'm glad your knee has made some improvements, Moonlight, but I'd just like to point out that running 38 miles is still a bad idea regarding making a full recovery!

QOTD:  My RHR is quite low as well.  Typically in the low 40s.  Sometimes my watch tells me its in the high 30s, but I don't think that's very accurate.  When I had my hip surgery, I warned them my RHR was low before we started.  They said it got down to 42 during surgery, so I'm trusting that to be a good guess.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Nice evening run yesterday, but I still arther un in the morning.  50K planned for tomorrow.

Moon - PCP's hate low HR.  I'm sure the echo is a waste of time.

Mandy - have fun climbing, and glad you are doing something you enjoy.

Warden - good luck tomorrow.

Sandy (your DD) and Diane - good luck as well.

Gatsby - Peru marathon, nice.  Did you do any climbing while there, or just the marathon.

Picture from Everest from May 22nd. Too many people who shouldn't be there are causing deaths due to long wait to descend. This is just crazy.

QOTD:  low 40's and my BP is usually 96/60, which is very low.  If I stand up quickly, I get light headed. For me it from having a non-working thyroid, so my metabolism sucks.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Planning on a 5-6 mile run/walk with DW.  Looks like it's going to be a nice day and after getting beat up at work during the day and early evening I was able to sleep all night  so I'm good to go for the day.

Moon - I agree with your Dr., you are in bradycardia.  But that being said, she's being 'tarded.  Maybe I shouldn't really say that. There is a slight chance something could be wrong, but I'm assuming that you were there because of your leg and knee and not because of a heart related complaint.   As you may know by definition bradycardia simply denotes a heart rate of <60 bpm.  That's it.  Medications can cause it as can that idiotic pursuit(s) of running, biking, crossfitting, drumming and competitive knitting.  Your most likely right that it's because you run. Most Primary care Physicians can't read a basic EKG to save their life.   I find it very frustrating the number of times I'm called to a Dr's office because they do a EKG on someone and find "changes". The Artificial intelligence in the machine will read something and print it out and they immediately call us.   Off to the ER we have to take them for something that isn't even present.

Now if I missed a post where you said you were having problems with lightheadedness, chest pain, passing out etc., then I'll retract the part that she's being 'tarded.  Then you do need further testing.

QOTD:  Just did a little meditation and got mine down to 48.  Most times it's between 48-56.  I used to be able to get it down to 42. Always wanted to get sub 40 but never was able to. When I do get it to 42 I will get lightheaded if I stand up too quickly. Takes the old ticker a few beats to get ramped up.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  I'm at work, car packed and ready to go.  But have to wait for my DD to get off work before we can hit the road since she doesn't want to burn vacation time for this little road trip.   Her office is about 5 miles north of me so I'll pick her up since it's on the way, then it's off on the 5 hr dive to the "Possum's Revenge".  The run is in a place called Possum Kingdom, which is west of Fort Worth.

If it's not too buggy and the stars are out we might just sleep under the starts and not bother with the tent (we'll get there at 10ish and be up at 5ish). It'll be cooler. Forecast for tonight is for mid- to low- 70's, 10 mph breeze, and no rain.  Might be nice. We'll just lay out the blow-up mattresses on a tarp.

dhuff - Good luck (in case we don't see you until afterwards or out on the trail).

mt - good luck at the Bob.  I'd much rather have the Montana cold weather than the Texas hot weather, even with the rain.

qotd: It varies but typically between 50 and 60 bpm.  Sometimes it's lower, and I have also had the bradycardia comment made in exams, but when I explain that I run a lot they usually shrug it off.

tbd.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

dhuffman, Sandy, Sandy's DD, and warden - Good luck this weekend!!!  Butthole sandwiches and all. 

AT - Is the 50K a training run or a race?  Sorry if I missed it being a race.  And yes, that's absolutely ridiculous on Mt Everest.  It's why, if it ever happens, I'd chose either K2 or Annapurna for a 8,000 meter peak (of course, I'm dreaming).  But Everest, no!

Mandy - So happy to hear you climbing!!!  And riding as well.

moonlight - Yeah, as others have said, primary doctors usually see ordinary people on a daily basis.  So keep in the back of your mind that you are extraordinary. 

Daydreamer - Glad to hear you're well rested.  Especially after that Tour de Parking Lot yesterday in a hot blue jumper. 

QOTD:  My HR is on the higher end.  Lowest resting (that I measured) is 70, but I'm sure it goes down while sleeping.  My estimated Max HR is about 195.  For reference, my PR marathon my Avg HR was 169 and I will run 5K's in the 180's.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 mikes this morning...did a Fast Fridays reset..as in went slow so new folks would join and learn the route and start their own beat the clock. One newbie showed.

Qotd:  I don’t know and just check... 52, But that is after a run and coffee sooo.....once at the doctors they took my pulse and than she immediately   said, “Are you a runner?”  “Yes” “ That explains your low pulse”.

Good luck everyone at Possum race, Bob Classic, and AT 50k merry go round.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Moonlight: I hope it continues to feel good and things work out.

No run again this morning!! Maybe Sunday and Monday I can catch up because I promised to help my brother on a paint job tomorrow in Baton Rouge.

QOTD: Usually in the low 40's.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will get out for a run tonight.  We are heading to DC tomorrow to the zoo - lots of walking.

Holy low resting heart rates!!!! Are you guys sure you are not zombies?!?!?

QOTD: Mid 50's.  

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And yes, that's absolutely ridiculous on Mt Everest.  It's why, if it ever happens, I'd chose either K2 or Annapurna for a 8,000 meter peak (of course, I'm dreaming).  But Everest, no!

You may want to rethink those choices.  On one site I checked they are rated as the two most dangerous peaks in the world.  And you don't have to go far or even pick an 8000m peak to climb what another site says is the 8th more dangerous to climb.  It's Mt Washington in New Hampshire at a mere 6288 ft.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

You may want to rethink those choices.  On one site I checked they are rated as the two most dangerous peaks in the world.  And you don't have to go far or even pick an 8000m peak to climb what another site says is the 8th more dangerous to climb.  It's Mt Washington in New Hampshire at a mere 6288 ft.

Haha!  It's precisely the reason I picked those two.  I never claimed to be sane.   I wasn't aware of that about Mt. Washington.  I hiked up to Tuckerman Ravine to watch the crazies ski, but never to the top of Mt. Washington.  I think I read that it had the highest recorded wind speed outside of a tornado.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

moonlightrunner

Mandy: yeah, I know it is not healed completely, and with each passing day of inactivity the rest of me is deteriorating at an alarming rate.

AT  AND DD: I suspect the echo is a waste of time..I think she decided to do the echo because i complained that when i was running the last few months i felt less ablen to sustain a run very well and was forced to walki more. Probably a mental problem.

I hope everyone has a great weekend...safe races for Warden, D Huff and Sandy...and a 50k someone is running that I missed.

I get two days with DD and the grand babies. I can't run, but I will fill my weekend with grand baby joy.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Headed out for a few miles on shot legs. Not so bad that I’d walk down the stairs backwards, but still hurting. I must have been putting in more effort yesterday trying to beat the storm on my uphill run than I thought.

Good of luck to the racers today (tomorrow)!

QOTD: my low heart rate when just sitting around is 40-42. However, my fitness tracker tells me my “resting heart rate” is 42-46 when I wake up inbhe morning, no idea where it gets this number from, when st that same time it shows a heart rate of 40??

Jamie, this one is for you: my lowest heart rate ever recorded on a medical monitor in a hospital was 19 bpm, for several hours continuously after my fractured elbow had bee surgically repaired. I found that quite low and was feeling a bit weak, but none of the docs or nurses were concerned, even when I inquired about it. As far as I know, this is one of the lowest heart rates ever recorded on a healthy person not in a crisis, but no one ever said anything to me about it. Maybe I really am Lizard Woman, hibernating. 

Run for fun.