Trailer Trash

Weekender and any other days that we've missed (Read 14 times)

Guessing that no one wanted to come up with a QOTD?   

SRD yesterday, nice 14 miles today on some trails in the hills behind my house, which might not be legally open to the public, technically speaking, but since I was following mountain bikers, it must have been okay, right?  

QOTD: Weekend plans?

Yard work today.  A beer and dinner outside at our favorite dive bar.  Going up to dad's house tomorrow.  Have Monday off for President's Day.

QOTD2: DH got a National Parks pass this year.  Where should we go?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Hi all. DH took Friday off, so we made a quick and short getaway to the beach. Friday ran 5 miles on the trails at Henlopen State Park. Saw no one, except for a car as I crossed the road and then at the end, we stopped at the beach and there were a couple of walkers WAY off in the distance. Saturday, we did a lot of walking, including the trails at our Bay park on the way home. It was incredibly windy here the last few days so it was sunny, and a bit chilly. Totally worth it. And Chowder had a lot of fun in and along the water.

qotd: Well, half the weekend was spent as described above and today, another run and going to friends for dinner. Tomorrow it will be warm again (60) so it will be spent outside instead of painting a bedroom as I should be doing. Maybe I can do both

Q2-- Isle Royale NP in Lake Superior. It's the most  re-visited NP in the system (which is really hard to believe, until you've been there). It'll take some planning, but you can get some good trail running in Smile. Ok, just be prepared to filter your water and go slowly.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With the weekend comes the cold, windy weather.  A couple of short recovery runs before the wind chill has me frozen to the core.

QOTD2:  King's Canyon, hike the Rae Lake Loop that we had to cancel because of the pandemic.

Any Alaska NP with special consideration for Wrangel-St Elias, Denali, and Gates of the Arctic

Glacier NP with preference for the Two Medicine Lake area

Grand Teton NP and avoid the crowds at Yellowstone, better hiking in my opinion also

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I walked yesterday morning, well mostly walked but threw in a few slow runs every once in a while.  The walking was fine, but the runs didn't feel so good on my ribs there was a jostling/jarring going on that hurt. Today I slept in and will do some walking-only later today.

Gatsby - nice backyard.

runtrail - beach and woods look great.

qotd 1: we're just hanging out around the house this weekend.  We did do a little shopping, nothing newsworthy.

qotd 2: Gatsby, I'm guessing you've been to Yosemite? I've always wanted to to there. Of course the Grand Canyon is a must, been there it doesn't disappoint. Next time I go I'll also include Zion, Bryce, Arches, etc. 

tbd.