Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 36 times)

moonlightrunner

No run this morning. I am planning a night run. I overdue for a moonlit run. I need to check the forecast...not sure if we will be in negative double digit wind chills again. That might mean an afternoon run instead.

Qotd: Describe your perfect summer training run.

For me, it would be 70ish degrees. It would be late summer or late spring when the mosquitoes and deerflies are not a factor. It is sunny, and there is a breeze (no wind chill). I would start out at 5pm and run into the cool darkness. If it is spring I hear spring peepers. That sounds soooo nice!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

some call me Tim

I like how you think, moonlight.

So qotd: Late summer when the temps only dip into the low 70s at night, light breeze at my back, shirtless, running into the dawn, feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin as I slowly wake up.

As for this morning, the storm deposited a few more feet of snow. I made a half assed attempt at breaking trail, but I'm due a really long workout and I just can't handle hip deep snow for five hours right now. I'm gonna hit the sack again for a bit and we'll see what the day brings.

Good morning, everyone.

runtraildc

Morning folks!  I got in 4 fast miles on the treadmill last night, then strength training.  I had a dream last night that a family friend came to visit with his 4 springers.  But not one of them was in shape to run beyond the block (old, 3 legged, etc.).  Now what does that mean?!

Blarg & Moonlight, good luck with your runs later.

qotd:  Oh,  It needs to be cool, 50s or 60s with low humidity.  And a nice fall breeze coming off the lake (we don't have 'real' ones here, but this is a dream run, right?).  I'd like to see wildlife that makes my heart beat a bit faster-- i.e. a coyote, fox but no deer, no racoons.

Occasional Runner

Heading out soon for 8 trail miles with Malan the Mighty Mountain Dog.

Busy day packing and organizing for our flight to Brazil tomorrow. This is going to be a really exciting trip and I'm looking forward to a very memorable adventure with a group of amazing runners.

QOTD: My favorite summer runs always involve traversing ridge lines at high altitude and crossing glaciers and snow fields on a warm, blue sky day.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Zero degrees, with a wind chill of -20, so I might wait a little before heading out. But nice and sunny it is, so I really want to get in a few miles before DH leaves for work and I'm stuck with the kids.

moonlight: Go for the night run, even if it's short. It will give you a mental boost.

darg: I broke trail on slippery fluff, which felt like sand, for an hour yesterday. After the run, I fell asleep on the couch...

traildc: Weird dream. Something holding you back in your ambitions?

lace: Have fun packing! Oh wait, have fun running first!

QOTD: I'll start out mid-morning, at around 83 degrees and just a tad humid. I work my way up the hill through the forest, where it is cooler than in the sun. After a few creek crossings, I feel just right and warm, and the trail goes along the ridge for a while, then drops down into a valley, and I run along the creek for a few miles. Then up and down through the mountains, it is late afternoon meanwhile and really hot, which does not bother me because I have enough food and drink with me. I enjoy the views, and the warm breeze.

Eventually, the trail goes down the mountain, and back to the car in the valley for a while.

When will it be summer again??

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

This was a bad week, running wise, work wise, and this brutal weather. I was so tired from work that instead of just leaving last night from work to head north I came home to relax and then slept in a little. Gonna be heading up as soon as I finish my coffee and throw a few things in the car, and maybe a dog or two. I'll try to get up for a road run yet today and maybe some headlamp skiing tonight. Snowshoe race in the U.P. tomorrow and hopefully some skiing.

Moonlight-Funny question. Winter getting a little depressing, eh? I'm ready for that spring run.

runtrail--Clearly you need to get a Springer. Or two.

QOTD--I guess when I say training run I'm thinking intervals or tempo or something specific but I guess a fairly long technical hilly trail run works. That would be my 14.5 mile loop I do in the Porcupine Mts. in upper Michigan. It has everything from waterfalls to cliffs, views of Lake Superior, old growth forest, etc. Pretty much perfect. (though in the summer the mosquitoes, well....)

The pooch and I had another great 3 mile trail run. We started out this 16 F and breezy morning by moonlight. As expected the snowy woods were magical by moonlight. Dawn overpowered the moon light halfway through the run.

QOTD: Probably a cool run before the sun is up, maybe by moonlight. 

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Morning all. I normally run long on Saturdays but it's warming up again tomorrow so I pushed my long trail run a day. Instead I'll run about 5 miles today probably indoors.

QOTD: I love sunset summer runs too. Not humid (but that's nearly impossible here) and 65 degrees sounds perfect right now. Maybe on single track through some meadows.

muppy

4.3 sloppy snow trail miles last night, plan on a few Miles after work today.

QOTD A perfect summer run for me would be about 60°, no humidity, and just running through the mountains.

Sandy-2

Just a simple 4 miles this morning.  Nice easy run before tomorrow's 30k that I'm doing with my DD.  We're heading over to Austin to do it so....  road trip !!!!  It'll be a distance PR for her (running that is).

qotd: When I'd crew for my DD on her endurance horse rides, we'd go camp out near the S/F of the trails.  After we'd get there and say hello to all our friends I'd set up the tent and she'd set up the horse stuff.  While she would still be getting things ready and vetting in the horse (and of course still visiting), I'd sneak away into the dusk/evening and hit the trails that were already marked for the morning's race.  The marked loops are usually anywhere from 10 to 25 miles long.  Running on really nice trails that I've never been on before, into the setting sun and cooler evening is really great.  It was also cool because I'd tell them what loop I was doing and if I didn't come back in say 3 or 4 hours to send the "calvary" out to get me.  My DD would sometimes amble out bareback on a horse just to "pace" me in the last mile or so.

Anyway, that is up there as a perfect summer training run.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Crunch....Crunch...Crunch...Crunch....Crunch...Crunch...Crunch....Crunch...Crunch... <silence> Crunch....Crunch...Crunch...Crunch....Crunch...Crunch...Crunch....Crunch...Crunch...Crunch....Crunch...Crunch...<silence>

That was my glorious run this morning.  Made my way out to some of my favorite trails.  Glorious snow crunching under my feet.  I would stop occasionally to look at the sunlight hitting the next ridge line then realize there was a windchill of -3 and I needed to keep moving.  I played around on the trails for over an hour.  

QOTD: Summer? Are we thinking summer already? Ummm...for me it's starting before sunrise and running a few hours beyond sunrise under the cover of trees.  My body does not respond well to humidity so early runs are necessary.  If I was picking the ideal weather it would be a cool summer day with little humidity.  The run would end with dipping my feet in a nice cold creek.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going out on the snowshoes (had to repair two tears in the decking, think I'm good to go now) for 15-ish miles (probably 4-5 hours), we're being treated to temps in the mid 20's, will feel wonderful if it actually gets there

qotd: definitely one of my "adventure" runs- usually involves a fair amount of off trail stuff, usually involves above tree line running, usually involves some very technical rock work, usually involves breathtaking scenery and always involves high satisfaction!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

traildc: Weird dream. Something holding you back in your ambitions?

Yes, DH.  Not a dog lover.  Harrier got it right, I need a dog.  Maybe more.  I'll wear DH down eventually.

AT-runner

Tim

Did 6 miles this morning, 2* and -16* windchill.   I usually like to do the long run on Saturday, but tomorrow's weather looks better for a long effort.  Almost felt like my contacts were freezing to my eyes when the wind kicked in.  As usual, the wind was in my face in both directions on an out and back run, wtf's up with that!

runtraildc - just show up with a dog, DH will fall in love after the fight.

QOTD: I'm embracing winter, but if it were summer, I'd go for run amongst the trees and streams.  Temp would be below 70* and no humidity.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Your summer runs all sound wonderful. NH, when would be a good time to run up in the porcupine mountains? I would love to head that way some time for camping/running. I would like to avoid black flies and the worst of mosquito season.

FTYC: your run description makes me a little jealous. It sounds like you live in a beautiful place.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k