Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

2.5 mile loop this morning in a rain that was off and on and off about a mile into it. Nothing spectacular to report.

QOTD: How many miles did you end up with in April?

I got 103.5!!!! I haven't logged over 100 miles in a month in over a year, so I was happy with it even though it is still super low compared to what I was doing over a year ago.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD.  On the plane pushing back from the gate.  Headed for PA.

qotd: my calendar is in my checked bag, I’ll have to get back to you later...

tbd.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LB2 - Nice miles last month!

Sandy - PA, huh?  Probably your most exotic destination yet this year. 

QOTD:  55.9.  Lowest monthly total in years.  Well only one way to go from here.

I'll try to get 5 or 6 in tonight after work.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

Yesterday was interesting...tornado warnings, even a siren when I was in Vinita getting my hair cut...flood warnings along with some flooded roads trying to drive home. Drive in this morning it was so dark from the clouds it looked like night.  I drive over what they call the Twin Bridges over the Spring and Neosho rivers and oh my they were very high...may need to find another way home.  We had no damage although the winds did get pretty high.

qotd: pretty pitiful 38 miles. As Bert said only way to go from here.

I wonder if anyone who's run for a long time, several years at least, has felt the need to back off every few years for a few months in order to feel better about it.  I'm hoping I just need a little break and not a complete never again.

XtremeTaper

I ran yesterday at lunchtime on the local trail. Turned into a ~6 mile tempo like run. Knees felt good. I broke 50 minutes for the route but just barely and had to push the last 1/2 mile to make it. I will get the Lady out for 5-6 this evening, perhaps at the lake perhaps else where. Cooler today so she will enjoy that. Bouncing back and forth with the temps here. Mid 70' yesterday, mid 50's today, 80 tomorrow.

QOTD: 129. Seems to be my new normal now (120-140).

LB2 - You are back in the groove.

Sandy - Welcome to PA!

Berto - Running again... nice!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Looks to be a rest day from running though some weights this morning and if it clears like it's supposed to a good bike ride later. The plan is to head back up north tomorrow sometime and will probably stay up there for awhile.

QOTD--157

dhuff--been running 40 years and have had a few years over that time where I did drop the miles down and never entered anything but never have lost my desire to be out running.  Change up your routes if possible and forget about events for awhile. Instead of races take a weekend and go somewhere real scenic for an epic type run just for the joy of it. Too much event stuff can be drudgery.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just my usual Wednesday work blues! 

Sandy - enjoy the trails of Rothrock State Forest.  I am jealous.  Say Hi (in person) to Marie for us.

So apparently the registration for Hyner for the 2020 race (almost a year from now) opened this morning, time unknown.  It is already sold out both the 25k and the 50k.  Another reason I don't like this race anymore.  

QOTD: I am here to make you all feel better about your mileage.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  Zippo.  You're welcome.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

DHuff - I did tons of races years 2007-2010, many ultras sometimes one or two a month during the busy months. I guess no surprise in 2011 I was injured. Did manage a few races late in the season. The following years I focused on one big race in the spring/early summer, and usually a warmup race in the late winter or early spring. Then the rest of the season was fun running, with an occasional short fun race and typically a trip with my trail bud for exploring new places. It was way more fun to me to go to places like Colorado, Oregon to explore trails for 4-5 days as opposed to going to those locations for one race.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I wonder if anyone who's run for a long time, several years at least, has felt the need to back off every few years for a few months in order to feel better about it.  I'm hoping I just need a little break and not a complete never again.

I think 50+ years counts as a long time.  Every few years I would change my race focus between shorter distance and longer races.  I also found that I could maintain the intensity of training for no more than a couple years before I had to back off to regroup mentally.  I was also racing pretty seriously for a recreational runner, trying to break into placing in my age group in local races.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice run this morning..the chill is back.  6.3 ish.

QOTD:  164.9, may be one of my highest months ever. 

Berto:  No balls report. 

duffman:  Although a little scary it sounds like it looked very cool.  I have never felt a "need" to back off but naturally back off because I am lazy...or vacationing.

XT:  Nice job...under 50 hmmm may be a goal for me.

Sandy:  Safe travels and hopefully you can meet up with Marie.

Dr Jamie:  Blues!   yesterday you were on a work high with an outdoor working meeting.  You're moody!  ya need to get running. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Planning on running/walking 4-5 miles sometime this afternoon.  Have a few phone calls to make this afternoon concerning my dental work that I need done.   Dealing with dental insurance my be worse then with medical insurance.

Dr J -  I agree with Queen.  Up yesterday, down today.  Your being bipolar. Leave work now and head out for your meeting with your therapist.  They will be waiting for you on one of your favorite trails, you'll know when you meet them, you'll start to feel much better .

I find it somewhat interesting how Hyner was always so popular yet it never sold out so early until the past two years.  It was always the Mega that sold out the day registration opened up.  Now the Boulder Beast (former Mega) doesn't sell out anymore and doesn't even get close.  It will be interesting to see if the Boulder Beast jumps back up in attendance now that Craig has taken that one over.  Just shows how weird fickle people are.   I wouldn't mind doing Hyner again but won't take off work to do it. The next time I might be able to do it will be 2022 or 2023.

QOTD:  63.3 Miles running and 104.4 miles on the bike.   The running is about average for me since last May.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Queen & DD - I couldn't agree with you more.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a late run. In the rain. But hey, I see the positive thing about it, it's some kind of mystical feel with fog and the water dripping from the trees!

Work is really ruining my life lately. On top of this, DS is having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that he had to take - looks like Berto now (and I feel really bad for him, and for Berto, too - such an allergy is really, really bad). So DS is high on Benadryl now, unable to go to school for the second day now, and looks as if he had been devoured by fire ants all over his body. Even the doc was impressed by this rash.

QOTD: 92 miles, and I didn't even try hard to get long miles in. I'm happy with myself, all things considered!

Hoping to meet with Sandy tomorrow!

Run for fun.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Heading out for a late run. In the rain. But hey, I see the positive thing about it, it's some kind of mystical feel with fog and the water dripping from the trees!

Work is really ruining my life lately. On top of this, DS is having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that he had to take - looks like Berto now (and I feel really bad for him, and for Berto, too - such an allergy is really, really bad). So DS is high on Benadryl now, unable to go to school for the second day now, and looks as if he had been devoured by fire ants all over his body. Even the doc was impressed by this rash.

QOTD: 92 miles, and I didn't even try hard to get long miles in. I'm happy with myself, all things considered!

Hoping to meet with Sandy tomorrow!

Sorry to hear about work and DS.  Did the doc prescribe prednisone?  That stuff will clear up an allergic reaction faster than anything.  Benadryl, while good only treats the symptoms.  Hope he gets better soon!

glad to hear you’re meeting up with Sandy!

Sue - No balls report today.  Still a bit of rash, so easy decision to take another RD.  Ok, I guess thar was a balls report. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Decided it was time for a rest day.

qotd: 162.7 miles for April.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.