Trailer Trash

Roll Call - Who's out there? (including lurkers like me) (Read 76 times)

Occasional Runner

C'mon now.. That's the RD of MMT too now you know. THe course was pretty easy to follow. Just watch the blazes. Methinks you just did not care for the rocks.

I count myself among the 60% majority. A quote direct from the race website...

"Getting lost is always possible but let's hope for the best. Sixty percent of the runners get off course at least once. This course will penalize any runner who runs "heads down"."

Daydreamer1

From central PA.  Run a mix of trails and road and also try to get in some road biking.

Seacoast NH.  Still a relatively new runner, unless you count HS XC 20 years ago.  Run on the roads, my town forest (5 miles around on mostly hilly technical single track with lots of options to add loops for more or less distance or variety.), next town over forest, (like my town but twice as big) and unpaved rail trail.

I have vague dreams of running VT someday in the distant future, but for now the longest trail race I'm signed up for is 4.6 miles.  First road half this fall, just because the last three miles are on my favorite stretch of rail trail.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

from Charleston WV

once a week on road the rest on trails.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Philly suburbs about 40 minutes west of TrailsnCocktails and a couple hours east of AT-Runner. I run mostly roads except for a group run with my club on a groomed trail at Valley Forge NP. I'm trying to add more trails either at VF or Ridley Creek SP but that means a 20 minute drive to the trail head.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Greetings from a lurker in Half Moon Bay, CA, a little south of San Francisco.  Lots of trails in and around this area plus the weather is always good for running.  Come on by!

I've dabbled in 50Ks but otherwise not an ultra runner.  Anyone out there running Western States next month?  I'm aid station captain at ALT at mile 85 so say howdy as you pass through.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarkO1969

New to the Trailer Trash group, mostly a lurker as I tend to write something stupid/uninformed whenever I start typing.  I am originally from Indianapolis, IN, but now live in Rocklin, CA, which is a suburb east of Sacramento.  Most of my trail running is done in/near the Auburn SRA and/or the trails around Folsom Lake.  To say the difference between trail running in Auburn vs. Indiana is a night and day difference would be a massive understatement!

Queen of Nothing (Sue), hi neighbor. Smile

Mark O.

Rocklin, CA

charlesmoman

I live in Seymour, Indiana. Rehabbing from a pretty bad car accident 10 weeks ago. When T-boned, I was weeks away from the Indiana Trail 100 and I was really ready this year to finish. The broken ribs are healed up and the five pelvic fractures are probably healed up well too. I have been walking for a few weeks now - mostly with a cane. I am up to one mile at a time and will stretch that out soon. My ortho said I might be able to lightly run sometime later in June! I went from 50 miles a week to zero to 7 miles, but I will get back and do the Indiana Trail 100 next April.

moonlightrunner

That's great Charles! It sounds like you are making an amazing recovery!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Mark don't worry about posting stupid uniformed shit...I do it all the time!... Such as my cougar comments.

New to the Trailer Trash group, mostly a lurker as I tend to write something stupid/uninformed whenever I start typing.  I am originally from Indianapolis, IN, but now live in Rocklin, CA, which is a suburb east of Sacramento.  Most of my trail running is done in/near the Auburn SRA and/or the trails around Folsom Lake.  To say the difference between trail running in Auburn vs. Indiana is a night and day difference would be a massive understatement!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Just about everything I contribute is stupid and uninformed. Your welcome to stick around if you want but I'm afraid I have

stupid/uniformed covered.

MarkO1969

Sue and jonferg, thanks for the welcome and letting me know I'm not alone in my stupidity! Big grin

Charles Moman, if you read this, do you post on Terry Fletcher's web site?  I think it's called Indiana Trail Runners or something similar.... I kinda think so as your name sounds familiar and I used to occasionally post and mostly lurk there when I lived in Indy... I did most of my trail running at Ft Ben and Eagle Creek.

Mark O.

Rocklin, CA

Occasional Runner

Sometimes, I just make shit up. It's all about generating content, at any cost.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I'm another old lady, sometime lurker.  I live in Durango, CO.

Old broads RULE!

I'm more of a lurker these days; live (and run) in Seattle.