Trailer Trash

What I like about RA (Read 279 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

So moving from "there" to here has been quite the experience.  It was (and maybe still is) hard.  But some of the cool features makes this feel more like home than that "other place"

1.) Sooooooo much faster! It's like going from my original slow modem from yonder years to super fast lighting internet speed.  Pages load quick.

2.) Love the features where the forum opens to the the last unread post.  So cool!

3.) I think I may use the training log.  Looks fairly easy (which I need).  I had been using mapmyrun but this has some upgrades from that.

4.) The sig line is great to have back again

So what do you like about the new casa?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I agree with everything you've said!  I figured I wouldn't use the training log, but after checking it out I really like it.  I was able to upload half a year of runs directly from my Garmin, then I saved the .tcx files for the first half of the year and uploaded those.  It was fairly easy/peasy!  I love being able to keep track of my shoe mileage; I was able to do that with a previous training log, but the servers crashed with that one and they lost everyone's info.  I switched to just using Garmin Connect, but then had to keep track of my shoes in an Excel spreadsheet.

Oh, and did I mention I love being able to cuss?  Big grin

NorNev

So what do you like about the new casa?

Couple things...a few that had been wrongly banned for something pretty minor moved over here.

Also there is quite a few over here that run many, many miles and its nice to pick their brains.

training log is great, I'm slowly adding runs from the last few years into it

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I like the new moderator around here.

Running is dumb.

You mean m*m?  Big grin

NorthernHarrier

I guess she's alright. Evil  She still owes me cookies though. Or muffins or something like that.

But thanks moderator for being the driving force. Well done.

I guess what I like so far is somehow some new people are checking in. Great. I was kinda worried that this would be a closed group and getting smaller by attrition. I cleared RW off my bookmarks here and home and am not looking backwards.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Yea, she's not too bad, and she'll be better once she's off injured reserve.  Thanks for getting this party started.  I was about a day away from jumping off the ship completely when you posted the message to check this place out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I guess she's alright. Evil  She still owes me cookies though. Or muffins or something like that.

But thanks moderator for being the driving force. Well done.

I guess what I like so far is somehow some new people are checking in. Great. I was kinda worried that this would be a closed group and getting smaller by attrition. I cleared RW off my bookmarks here and home and am not looking backwards.

January sometime?  I hope to be back and have some semblance of my cardio back after a few weeks.  Will trade cookies/baked item of your choice for beer.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

January sometime?  I hope to be back and have some semblance of my cardio back after a few weeks.  Will trade cookies/baked item of your choice for beer.

Sounds like a plan. Book it. 

jonferg67

Endless trails

I like the new moderators training schedule; 6 months of no running, run a 50 miler, 

3 months no running, pace for 30 miles, 6 weeks of no running, run a 100K. That 

whole rest thing seems waaay underrated.

I like the fact that the whole gang is here and then some, kinda like a fresh start with

some of the old players. 

xor

>> 2.) Love the features where the forum opens to the the last unread post.  So cool!

Just so you know, that feature did not exist before yesterday.  The Man Upstairs (aka "The Man", eric) got a request in the suggestion area and made shit happen.   He can't/won't always do it like that, of course, but he listens and responds. 

THAT is one thing I like about RA.

Wandering Wally

I just like the whole "for runners, by runners" vibe.  

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I like the new moderators training schedule; 6 months of no running, run a 50 miler, 

3 months no running, pace for 30 miles, 6 weeks of no running, run a 100K. That 

whole rest thing seems waaay underrated.

I like the fact that the whole gang is here and then some, kinda like a fresh start with

some of the old players. 

Now, now, now.  Let's get our facts straight, Jon.  It was 6 weeks cycling taper -- run 50 miles.  Don't run.  Run 50K.  Don't run.  Run 100K.  Don't run for most of the summer.  Pace for 12 hours at Sawtooth.  Don't run.  Pace at a 24 hour race.  Don't run.  Run 50K.

I'm back to not running again.  60K in March.  I'm really trying not to be stupid about healing this time though.

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

Yup, thank you taking care of us ¡¡m*m!! ... can I use color if I use HTML coding?

The major plus is faster loading.

The major minus is the subtle or not-so-subtle request for credentials via a running log.

The picture upload is much better--now if I can just remember what I was going to do with it.

Lots of fun "seeing" new people, hesitant to do a geographic question thing (Hi, where is y'all from?)

Is gud, works great.

rgot