Trailer Trash

Across The Years 48 Hour RR (Read 74 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I agree with jamezilla - we all did lots of things during that 41 hours including sleeping (TWICE!) while you ran laps.  It's quite hard to wrap my brain around it.  Following you early on, I have to admit I couldn't understand why you were running so fast.  I mean a 23min first 5k??? But you obviously knew what you were doing.  I think many of us have been saying for a while that you've had the potential to "do some damage" in a race.  Well two wins in a row is a whole lot of damage.  And it seems scary to think what you could do with some more focus - meaning if you only focused on one distance or one type of race.  But you (and Jo) are having a great time all around the world and bringing us all on the ride with you through your blogs. Thank you for that!

Congrats!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

That's awesome! I can't believe I haven't received a check from Pabst yet. I do a lot for that brand and I get NO love!

Nice job, Kelly.  It was fun to follow you and WG via the sometimes working ultracast.  Would you rather have run with Jon Olsen at the same time, or was chasing his mark better for you?

Since you may be the only one who still pays for PBR's, they can't give it to you, it would drain their profits.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Fantastic.  Congratulations.

I still feel like I am recovering from CC100, it is unbelievable to think you did a 200 mile jaunt.  I was following you online a lot of the time, of course I went to sleep twice while you were circling the track.

One question, did Jo stay up the whole time as well?

Thanks for paying attention to the race, Sandy. I insisted that Jo sleep a few times. She resisted at first, but she eventually slept. We had a pretty sweet setup at the race thanks to some of my sponsors, so she was well taken care of. It's harder for her to stay awake than it is for me.

Occasional Runner

"Like most average runners, winning is not something I expect to accomplish."

I have something to tell you... you are not an average runner. You're hard core. You set high goals and push yourself to reach those goals. You pretty much rock. Well done!

I appreciate the kind words, but I'm for more lucky than I am talented. If I race enough, something good is bound to happen.

Occasional Runner

I agree with jamezilla - we all did lots of things during that 41 hours including sleeping (TWICE!) while you ran laps.  It's quite hard to wrap my brain around it.  Following you early on, I have to admit I couldn't understand why you were running so fast.  I mean a 23min first 5k??? But you obviously knew what you were doing.  I think many of us have been saying for a while that you've had the potential to "do some damage" in a race.  Well two wins in a row is a whole lot of damage.  And it seems scary to think what you could do with some more focus - meaning if you only focused on one distance or one type of race.  But you (and Jo) are having a great time all around the world and bringing us all on the ride with you through your blogs. Thank you for that!

Congrats!

Running "fast" was part of my plan for the first several miles. It may be stupid, but I wanted to break the spirits of anybody with high expectations, even if it cost me later in the race. I used the same tactic at Cajun Coyote and it worked, but I've also used it at other races where it failed. Whatever...it worked this week so I'm happy.

There's actually way more to that story but it probably won't ever be told.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

super duper impressive work Kelly.  Can't wait to meet and run a race with you at the Elephant mt 50k.

Occasional Runner

I feel like I had a huge advantage running AFTER he was done. The consensus is that he felt like that was enough mileage to win the race. If we had been battling it out, he probably would have thought differently. I didn't want that battle, I just wanted to come in and take the win from him. On a good day, Jon would have killed me anyway. I just got lucky that it wasn't a good day (or two) for him. I was fortunate.

Nice job, Kelly.  It was fun to follow you and WG via the sometimes working ultracast.  Would you rather have run with Jon Olsen at the same time, or was chasing his mark better for you?

Occasional Runner

super duper impressive work Kelly.  Can't wait to meet and run a race with you at the Elephant mt 50k.

I'm looking forward to it!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I appreciate the kind words, but I'm for more lucky than I am talented. If I race enough, something good is bound to happen.

Lucky or talented, you have accomplished amazing things in the less than 4 years since your first 5K if I have my chronology right.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

Lucky or talented, you have accomplished amazing things in the less than 4 years since your first 5K if I have my chronology right.

Your chronology is correct. I remember that 5k like it was yesterday. Running that race changed my life.

Chnaiur

Thank you very much for such an inspired race and inspired race report. You are now entering territory where it is really hard to even imagine the experience.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Low_O2

Great Job Kelly! Like many others here, I was checking in on the live results throughout and was amazed that as I was going about my daily activities in comfort you were still out there cranking out the miles. Hard to imagine running for that long! Congrats on a great year.

Occasional Runner

Great Job Kelly! Like many others here, I was checking in on the live results throughout and was amazed that as I was going about my daily activities in comfort you were still out there cranking out the miles. Hard to imagine running for that long! Congrats on a great year.

Thanks. It was hard to imagine for me too. I still think it's pretty foolish, but in an epic kind of way. I hope to see you again sometime soon.

RabbitChaser

Great write up! Congratulations on reaching the 200 mile mark and winning the 48 hour race, simply amazing! I do however disagree with you on one part of the RR, you are definitely not an average runner. Keep up the strong running!  Thanks for sharing the blog post.

Eric

moonlightrunner

Wow Kelly! Congratulations! You are far from average...you are amazing and an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k