Trailer Trash

Cloudsplitter 100 (Read 16 times)

Gator eye

Rocks rocks everywhere. 

that’s pretty much sums up Cloudsplitter, well that and whoever made the trails didn’t know the meaning of a switchback and a lot of trail go straight up the side of the mountain. 
    Started out cold and rainy, dried up around noon, that night it was low 30 high 20 on the tops and low 40’s in between. Probably a few drop cause of the cold. Anyways lots of rocky steam crossings which were fun jumping rock to rock till they weren’t then they were just another place to fall and get wet, again. 
    Fell a couple times, it hurt. I got wet and cussed. 
    all and all the trail was rock covered with just enough roots to say they had roots. 
    If I had to pick which one was harder Cloudsplitter or Superior I would say Cloudsplitter just because of the never ending loose rocks on the trail. 
    90 started, 59 finished. I finished in 33 hours which put me in 30th place

runtraildc

Gator- where are all the pictures? The poetic deep in the night navel gazing/hallucinations? No seriously- this is an awesome RR and congratulations on what sounds like a grueling adventure.

LB2

That sounds great. Congratulations. I have heard it was a difficult course. I see the cutoff is 40 hours. Wow!! That is a good indication of how difficult it must be.

LB2

Sandy-2

Congratulations, great finish!!  I think I'd like the temperatures, but all the rocks sounds like one of those ankle twisting things. When I run on that stuff the tendons in my ankles and lower legs take a while to recover, hope all is well with you.  Speaking of which, what shoes did you wear, and were they ok?

tbd.

That sounds great. Congratulations. I have heard it was a difficult course. I see the cutoff is 40 hours. Wow!! That is a good indication of how difficult it must be.

My thought exactly!  Sounds rough, hopefully no real harm was done on the falls.  Nice getting it done!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Congratulations. Rocks and fatigues  mind / legs / body sounds like recipe for a guaranteed fall or two.  How many DNF's were for sprained ankles?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

The plan was to wear the brooks cascadia’s but once I looked at the trail I changed to the hokas speed goats. Beat call I made. I wore the same shoes and socks the whole race. They drained the water well and my feet never complained the whole race. 
                I use fish oil pills for pain. I know I know fish oil really?  But no fish oil really did me well. I did take a asaid the last 8 miles but that cause it was time to be done. 
                anyway if you never tried fish oil for pain and swolling try it , much easier on the stomach than asaids

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wow dude way to push on.   Sounds horrible!  And you train while working full time at a manual labor job!   You the dude!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Fish oil?!  Would not have considered that but why not give it a try.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

nOOky

Harder than Superior because of loose rocks, guess I know which race to not try to run now thanks for the report.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024