Trailer Trash

Insomnia Friday (Read 19 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I knew I shouldn't have made that pot of coffee last night.  Been taking it easy all week, mostly 5 mile run-walks.

qotd:  Any plans or activities affected by the pandemic?  So far my DD and I have delayed making any reservations for a planned joint vacation around Memorial Day, but otherwise no.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Heading out after some coffee for an early morning of mile intervals. Very dark out these days at 6:20.

Last day of work for me and then heading up to my cabin right after and plan on being a recluse for a few days.

QOTD--Nothing has been altered yet but things are very fluid right now. Who knows where things may be a week from now. After today I will be staying a recluse as much as possible. Beyond that I have no plan. 

runtraildc

No run planned today, but I'll row a bit later and maybe some yoga. Our warm weather is changing to cold(er) and windy but oh well, what are you going to do?

qotd: Well, DS1's university has moved to online classes for the rest of the semester and he needs to move out of his dorm room next week. MD has closed all schools for two weeks starting this weekend, so DS2 is affected. Swim meets have been cancelled, but practices have not (they don't meet the 250+ person criteria), DH is expecting to be put on telework (he's a fed) soon.  Oh, and we have a vacation planned for Puerto Rico in three weeks. Have no idea about that. Not likely, but I'm mentally not there yet.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7+ mile last night.  I needed it.  I needed to get rid of the headache I had.  I needed to clear my head.  It started out crappy but ended well.

NH - your secluded cabin sounds about perfect in an otherwise chaotic world right now.

QOTD: Yes.  DD's bball tourney cancelled this weekend.  The rest of games for DS 1 & 2 bball season cancelled. All school events cancelled.  Church events being cancelled. Waiting to hear about a weekend away I had planned for DW's 40th in 2 weeks.  Other plans in April being cancelled.  We have a vacation in June set up already and paid for and I hope we can still go.  So yes.  But it is what it is.  I am not worried about the pandemic as much as the way people are freaking out about it.  Some of us who didn't stock up on TP will need some soon.  

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Ran a nice little loop this morning. I may run again this evening. I have a pretty busy weekend, so I may jump on a few extra miles after work just to clear my head for my multiple projects. On second thought, I may just do some weedeating after work, as in lawn work.

QOTD: No real changes unless they decide to change all our classes to online for the rest of the semester. Some universities have already done this. Our academic programs at the main campus may try to do that, but I have technical programs at my site. You really can't teach welding or millwright online. You have to actually perform a task each day. No vacation plans until winter, so we have no travel plans.

LB2

XtremeTaper

5 miles last night with Baker on a section of the Blue Trail out at Green Lane reservoir. Still resting the Lady from running but she is doing fine. Pretty quiet out there last night except when I finished up several folks were heading out to start a walk/hike including one very attractive lady who smiled at me. Blush.

This morning, typical 2 mile dog wog routine through the hood. Schools here in Montgomery County PA are now closed for 2 weeks, so the normal morning bustle of cars in the neighborhood was just above nil. It's not a busy street in any case. My gym is also closed for 2 weeks so I will need to figure out some strength exercises to do at home.

QOTD: We were in the process of planning a trip in May to somewhere tropical for an early celebration of our 30th but have not booked anything so just delaying things for now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

One benefit of living in a very rural area with more cows than people is so far no disruptions to daily life other than a work trip to do an audit in KC has been postponed til whenever.

qotd: I'm volunteering at a pancake feed Saturday to raise money for the Shop with a Cop the Tribe does and so far that's still on, then I have to get my oil changed.  I had canceled all my races this year back in Jan when I decided I needed a long break from all the training so no impact there.  I had wanted to visit my parents but they are in their 80's and I don't want to chance it as I'd have to fly down.  Maybe later in the year.  I still have no clue as to my risk status given I have chronic kidney disease and an autoimmune disease but other than making sure I wash my hands/stay away from people there's nothing more I can really do.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Hoping for a good 20 miler tomorrow maybe on the C&O Towpath, or somewhere else flat(ish).

QOTD:  Yes our supplies are getting hard to find. Purell, wipes for our exam tables, etc. Everyone is overstocking at home and that has impacted the medical fields ability to stay stocked up. The Hospital is low on surgical masks, but has an order coming in soon.

PA stopped all events for schools, and today was to be the State Swimming Championships. One of my last swimmers I coached had a real shot of top 3 in 100 Fly. It's her Senior year, and I really feel for her. She's a great kid.

We're driving to Hilton Head next Friday to see In-Laws. Island might be busier than usual since schools are out. It's usually a slow week there, which we like.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yesterday strength trained in the morning and got in a nice 7 mile loop with Tiny E- fresh 2-3" of snow blanketing the trails

will hit the trails late morning, we have a big winter storm rolling in this afternoon- 6-10" of snow expected, below zero overnight lows- oh the joy! 

qotd: youngest DD works for Untied Airlines, so definitely a possibility of a cutback in hours; nothing as of yet here;  DW got her try to Mexico just in time and my next plans aren't until the end of May, the Bob Open and I don't see Covid 19 impacting that (unless I caught it!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I may run after work today.

I decided to head to the office because our house guests took the early flight home today. I also went into work so I can pack up anything that I might need for working from home. We ‘might’ be working from home after today, we’ll see. I am always pretty portable and can work anywhere but I have some reports I already printed out and they are much easier to read in hard copy.

qotd:  just some work travel has been Cancelled which is a good thing.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Let me add to my list - schools are now closed until the end of March 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I feel for you and all the families where both parents work.

Bert Update - the are slowly weaning him off sedation and pain meds and he has been waking up more. Breathing 60% on his own and they hope to continue the slow removal of respirator.   Long road ahead, but he's at least on the road.  Hao sends her thanks for all the thoughts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

AT - thanks for the update.

Easy 3.7 today.  Felt almost back to normal, so kept it short not to over do it.  I'm supposed to be in recovery mode.

I heard the announcement about PA schools on the way home from running at the park.  I'm hoping these measures will accomplish what they're intended for.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Ours are down until April 13th. I don't know how that is going to impact my college, but we do have quite a bit of dual enrollment. In fact, I am the dual enrollment person for the whole college. I can't do much until I know what our contingency plan is.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

Since my boss designated me to be the Covid19 researcher as it impacts our travel to audit places it's been hard to find creditable information updated.  I found one site https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

It's got the most up to date counts and data and appears to be accurate.