Trailer Trash

2014! What's up? (Read 70 times)

Occasional Runner

April: Zane Grey 50 miler along the highline trail in AZ.  Lace I think you'd like this one; all rough technical singletrack with steep and sketchy climbs and descents.  This will be a huge test and challenge to kick off the summer.

I hear great things about Zane Grey and it sounds tough as hell. It's on the "to do" list for sure. I hope you do it so you can share your perspective with us.

Low_O2

Nothing is set in stone yet, but here is the list I am thinking about.. Good chance there will be some changes...

Apr- Cedro Peak 45k

May- Jemez Mountain 50k

June- San Juan Solstice 50m

July - Speedgoat 50k

Aug - Pikes Peak double, Ascent Saturday followed by Marathon Sunday

Sept - Run Rabbit Run 100m

Lace - Rut Run and Bridger Ridge run are a couple Montana races that look cool.

Occasional Runner

Lace - Rut Run and Bridger Ridge run are a couple Montana races that look cool.

I've been looking at photos from the Rut. It looks pretty awesome.

You're going to have an awesome 2014. I can't wait to see it unfold.

Daydreamer1

March, 29 - Local 10k road race

April, 26 - Hyner 50k

August 16 - Call of the Wilds Mountain Marathon. This will be run in conjunction with the inaugural Eastern States 100.

October 4 - Oil Creek 100k.

I was hoping for at least one more race in here, but I may end up having to cut this back to just the first three. DW got some bad news today on the job front so we may have to cut expenses this coming year.

Birdwell

My schedule is pretty light for 2014.

January- Ridgeline trail double (maybe, depending on how I feel. I'll at least do a single)

March- Phoenix Marathon (1/2)

April or May -Trans-Zion

June or July- Ashdown Gorge wilderness run (I'll do this a few times over the summer)

October- R2R2R

I may try to throw another race or two in, but I'll mostly be playing it by ear.

Watoni

Here is the rough plan assuming I do another 100 or 50-miler by year's end:

February 1 -- Ordnance 100k (Fort Ord)

March 15 -- Marin Ultra Challenge 50-miler (I did the 50k in 2012, it used to be in June)

late April -- Devil Mountain Double Century (cycling)

June -- ???? WS100 or perhaps Lavaredo Ultra Trail: Alternative is Terrible Two Double Century if those two are a no-go

July -- TRT 100 (if I get into that and not WS100 and do not do Lavaredo Ultra Trail)

August -- Mt. Tam Double Century (outside chance I throw my hat in for UTMB)

September -- Pine to Palm 100 (assuming no UTMB) or the Bear ... maybe Pine to Palm and pacing Lace at the Bear Wink

Occasional Runner

September -- Pine to Palm 100 (assuming no UTMB) or the Bear ... maybe Pine to Palm and pacing Lace at the Bear Wink

I'll pencil that in and remind you about it later.

The only race I'm signed up for is the Orcas 50K on Feb. 1, but I'm also considering the Zion 100, Western States and IMTUF 100.  My other races will be determined once I make a decision (or get in in the case of WS) on those.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm open to suggestions but here's what I'm considering for 2014:

1/19 - Clearwater HM (definite)

3/8   - LBL 23K

5/10 - Ice Age Trail 50K (definite) first trail ultra

6/14 - Niagara on the Lake HM or marathon (50K also offered)

7/14 - Local 10K or 15K

9/?? - NC24 with a goal of 100K (definite)

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

I'll pencil that in and remind you about it later.

I need to pace you before the Bear (in a non-goal 100) so that everything is as perfect as possible for that. Also, if we assume you get into WS and I do not, I will pace you there as well ...

LB2

I have never heard anything but good stuff about Zane Grey. My brother lives fairly close to there. I'd like to do that one one year. They also have a 100 miler that is on part of that trail, the Mongollon Monster 100.

LB2

Occasional Runner

I need to pace you before the Bear (in a non-goal 100) so that everything is as perfect as possible for that. Also, if we assume you get into WS and I do not, I will pace you there as well ...

You can definitely join me at the Bear, but my WS100 pacing spot has been filled for 2 years by my Bearded Brother. He would disown me if I went with somebody else.

Occasional Runner

I have never heard anything but good stuff about Zane Grey. My brother lives fairly close to there. I'd like to do that one one year. They also have a 100 miler that is on part of that trail, the Mongollon Monster 100.

LB- I've decided that not EVERY race needs to be ridiculously hard. This can be noted by how I'm ending my 2013 race season. When I was running the Bear, I kept reminding myself that this was the LAST of the hard stuff for a while. It soothed me immensely.

For the first time in a couple years I am not planning "big" races a season or year ahead. This makes me feel that I truly do want/need to step back from longer races for a little bit. Having said that, I have a few things penciled in for 2014 so far:

Jan 17 - PHUNT 50k (maybe)

March 30 - Philly LOVE 1/2 marathon

April 5 - Tyler Trail 10k

April 26 - Delaware Trail Marathon

May 9-10 - Ragnar Cape Cod

Occasional Runner

April 26 - Delaware Trail Marathon

I love this one.