Trailer Trash

2014! What's up? (Read 70 times)

Ultra Cowboy

Lace, If You REALLY want to run WS100 thenThis is how to get in...

Western States Endurance Run

2014 Montrail Ultra Cup races are announced. Top three men and women in each of the 5 races of 50 miles or more leading up to Western States earn an invitation to run the 2014 Western States. Thank you Montrail for once again providing an opportunity for runners to race their way into Western States. http://www.wser.org/montrail-ultra-cup/

WYBMADIITY

Save

Brian Runner

Hyner View Trail Challenge 50k in April, and then hopefully a yet to be determined 50 mile race by the end of the year.

Occasional Runner

Lace, If You REALLY want to run WS100 thenThis is how to get in...

Western States Endurance Run

2014 Montrail Ultra Cup races are announced. Top three men and women in each of the 5 races of 50 miles or more leading up to Western States earn an invitation to run the 2014 Western States. Thank you Montrail for once again providing an opportunity for runners to race their way into Western States. http://www.wser.org/montrail-ultra-cup/

I'm sure there's an easier way.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I don't usually plan things too far ahead . A friend really wants to try a 50k and I told her to pick one and I would do it with her she picked one near her house in Sept. ( no surprise there )

Feb. Jed Smith in Sacramento 50k or 50m undecided

April. Salt Flats 100 Wendover UT

May . Silver State 50/50 most likely the Dog Valley Aid station

June. Western States Foresthill Aid Station  CA

July . TRT 50 if drawn in the lottery Nevada

August . Crewing the Tevis  CA

Sept. Priest River 50k Idaho

Oct . Maybe the Pony Express 100 Utah

For the first time in a couple years I am not planning "big" races a season or year ahead. This makes me feel that I truly do want/need to step back from longer races for a little bit. Having said that, I have a few things penciled in for 2014 so far:

Jan 17 - PHUNT 50k (maybe)

March 30 - Philly LOVE 1/2 marathon

April 5 - Tyler Trail 10k

April 26 - Delaware Trail Marathon

May 9-10 - Ragnar Cape Cod

Scratching PHUNT and Delaware Trail Marathon.  No long racing for me next Spring.

Here's my new plan:

http://trailsandcocktails.blogspot.com/2013/10/spring-break-2014.html

I've already started adding some short trail races to my calendar Smile Targeting the Philly LOVE 1/2 as my goal race for spring.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Scratching PHUNT and Delaware Trail Marathon.  No long racing for me next Spring.

Here's my new plan:

http://trailsandcocktails.blogspot.com/2013/10/spring-break-2014.html

I've already started adding some short trail races to my calendar Smile Targeting the Philly LOVE 1/2 as my goal race for spring.

I'm headed in the opposite direction. I just "discovered" ultra running in the past year and am rediscovering trails as well since so many ultras are on trails. I feel torn between wanting to hit the roads for some "fast" 5Ks and getting more exposure to trails and ultras. I think I'm going to miss the track this year entirely, no time to squeeze that in and do justice to the longer races,

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Well scratch that idea.  Zane Grey sold out in 36 hours for next year.  I had no idea it was such a popular race with such a small field.  Maybe 2015.

April: Zane Grey 50 miler along the highline trail in AZ.  Lace I think you'd like this one; all rough technical singletrack with steep and sketchy climbs and descents.  This will be a huge test and challenge to kick off the summer.

Occasional Runner

Well scratch that idea.  Zane Grey sold out in 36 hours for next year.  I had no idea it was such a popular race with such a small field.  Maybe 2015.

That sucks, but I would have expected that. It's a popular race. I keep trying to find a reason to run it, aside from constantly being told I should. I hear great things, but damn...it looks like a handful!

Occasional Runner

I'm being recruited to pace Badwater, which I want to do because it helps in being elected to run it someday. So yeah...I might do that too.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

That sucks, but I would have expected that. It's a popular race. I keep trying to find a reason to run it, aside from constantly being told I should. I hear great things, but damn...it looks like a handful!

I'm looking at Zion or Bryce for an alternative spring 50K/50miler.  Oh and an excuse to finally get up to Utah.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nothing huge:

January 25 - Winter Trail (Half) Marathon (IN)

February 8 - Hearts on Fire 5k (IN)

March 15 - Run of Luck 7k (IN)

May - The River Run 10 Miler (KY to IN)

(Considering) May - Run with the Foxes Trail Race 13.1 miler (IN)

June 14 - Indian-Celina Challenge Half Marathon(IN)

June - Howl at the Moon 5 Miler (IN)

September 21 - Honest Abe Trail Run 14k (IN)

(Considering)October -  Knobstone Trail Mini (IN)

October - Evansville Half Marathon (IN)

November - Chilly Hilly Trail 5k (KY)

So far those are the races I know for sure have dates set or will definitely be going on again.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I'm headed in the opposite direction. I just "discovered" ultra running in the past year and am rediscovering trails as well since so many ultras are on trails. I feel torn between wanting to hit the roads for some "fast" 5Ks and getting more exposure to trails and ultras. I think I'm going to miss the track this year entirely, no time to squeeze that in and do justice to the longer races,

Good for you! Looking forward to hear about your upcoming races. You will love the trail ultras! Smile

Daydreamer1

I think I'm going to miss the track this year entirely, no time to squeeze that in and do justice to the longer races,

You may want to reconsider skipping the track entirely. This past year I focused on only running longer distances with virtually no speed work. My times in the longer runs suffered dramatically.  I'm adding my speed work again this year.

Occasional Runner

You may want to reconsider skipping the track entirely. This past year I focused on only running longer distances with virtually no speed work. My times in the longer runs suffered dramatically.  I'm adding my speed work again this year.

I kind of agree, but track work doesn't need to be a part of the training. Speedwork is really what we're talking about and that can be done on the hills. Even if it's not done "fast". The hills build power in the legs and the occasional speedy road run will build the turnover you need to take advantage of the strength.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Speed work will be a good part of my training and may be done on the track or roads. What I may skip are the 800m and mile races indoors because I don't think I could do them justice.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.