Trailer Trash

Roaring back Fridaily (Read 47 times)

Sandy-2

Hey where is everybody?  It’s 2pm over here in London and figured that the gang would be up by now.  Happy Friday!!!

After 2 weeks of zero running and now 4 weeks until the 50 miler I have signed up for, I figured that I better get cracking.  In addition to doing some running, this week has been crazy busy with business meetings (and dinners Ugggggh).  Anyway to get caught up here are the numbers so far this week:

Sun: 11 miles

Mon: SRD

Tue: 5

Wed: 5

Thu: 6

Today: 23

Today’s run felt great, it was overcast, drizzely, and abpout 45 deg.  Did an out-n-back along the south bank of the Thames.  Here’s a little map of the run.  Not sure what I’ll do tomorrow, I’m taking the train to Paris and will be there all next week.  Planning on another longish run on Sunday.

By the way I’ve been taking these runs slow and the ankle feels great.

Qotd: pass

tbd.

dpc3

Early morning 5 and I am boring

Sandy enjoy your time across the pond

QOTD: pass

Sandy- Great run. Wish I could be over in London and Paris running around. Sounds fun. Have a great weekend

This is my SRD. I have a PT test for the military tomorrow and I'll probably do 20 or so on Sunday.

QOTD: Does anyone have an exciting vacation plans for this spring/summer?

I have my honeymoon but unfortunately I won't be getting my way and going to Alaska. We will end up somewhere in the Caribbean.

Occasional Runner

I got in 8 miles of dazzling speed work. Running in low altitude environments is a blast!

Sandy- Nice run. Which 50 are you doing?

Dan- Yes, you are.

QOTD: Jo and I are headed to Jamaica next week. We go every year and it's one of our favorite spots. Then we're headed to northern CA for a long weekend, but I'll be running the American River 50, so that doesn't really count.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That's awesome, Sandy.  I'm really glad your ankle is cooperating.

I got permission from my chiro to run "3-4 miles" after work today.  Guess how far I am running?  Smile  I have to say, I'm pretty convinced Graston is a miracle cure after all this.  You wouldn't believe the bruises, but it's just amazing how much it's helped.

QOTD: I'm heading to Cleveland in April to see friends and run a 5 miler.  I have a visitor coming to see me later this spring and then I will be back out in Philadelphia again probably early summer...would be cool to incorporate a race into that trip, but we'll see.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Nice run, Sandy! Glad to hear your ankle is cooperating and your running is still going well. You are just a natural at this. Have a wonderful time in Paris as well!

dpc: Sounds like some boring miles... Wink

tmo: Enjoy the day off, and good luck for tomorrow!

SRD for me today, to get ready (whatever that means, LOL) for the 10k tomorrow up and down "my" mountain (=glacier now). We got some snow overnight, so this will probably do its thing to preserve the ice-age-like conditions on the course tomorrow. It's an economy race (no fee), which also means, no ambulance at the start/finish to pick up those runners who forgot to bring their microspikes... Shocked

QOTD: No exciting plans. Just same ol' stuff: running, pool time with the kids, running, some biking, running, and a bit of running.

Dig into this last day and get ready for the weekend, trailers!

Run for fun.

The pooch and I had a great 8 mile trail run.  The wind was howling the whole way.

QOTD:  I plan to hike the John Muir Trail in August.  The trip there and back will be a car trip with some day hiking, trail running, high pointing, and mountain biking along the way.  Marley will probably drive my wife crazy while I am gone.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training on tap for this afternoon, my last two runs (Wed/Thur) were really difficult due to snow/slush/mud- I'm really trying to be patient getting winter over Smile

qotd: just got back from Joshua Tree NP for a nice run, have a 3 day snowshoe trip in the Bob Marshall coming up at the end of this month, have a half dozen other backpacking/hiking/running adventures up my sleeve for later spring/summer, no exotic islands though Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Hey, we are finally getting a dusting of snow from that stupid storm called Saturn. It's suppose to warm up though and be in the upper 50's this weekend. Sweet.

Today will be a short run over on the trails. Tomorrow a long run we call our Blue Marsh Lake loopie. 23 miles around the lake, and if you are up for it, there is another 7-8 loop to get in a near 50k. Just the 23 for me tomorrow.

Last night was an awesome run over at French Creek park. Not too fast, not too slow, just right. Ankle nearly 100% now and given the rocks over there it was a good confirmation of things. We did what I call my evening 8 mile loop, which encompasses the 6 penny trail, and parts of the horseshoe, boone, and lenape trails (that would be yellow, light blue, and green for those into blaze colors). Really enjoyed the fact that there is enough daylight after work to run over there now in the evening. Next week will be even better. I won't have to ditch out 30 minutes early. There was an awesome sunset through the trees that lit up the forest in orange for awhile before fading away. I finished up the last mile as darkness approached. Nice run.

QOTD: No big vacations on the docket at this time.

Sandy - Glad you are back at it!! Stupid ankles.

Tmotmo - Go to St.John!

LaceUp - Enjoy the ganja. We went to Negril a few years ago and stayed at the Rock Resort on the cliffs. Awesome place. You could have a few red stripes and jump off the cliffs into the ocean.

Mandy - More running.. yay!!  Cleveland rocks you know. I was born there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dpc3

Does pacing Kelly in a couple weeks count as a vacation? We don't have anything big planned other then heading back to Philly for my Brothers wedding and trying to get out and fish/camp as much as possible. If I draw an Elk tag maybe a week scouting trip in the unit I pull. I could turn that into a running/scouting trip.

Occasional Runner

LaceUp - Enjoy the ganja. We went to Negril a few years ago and stayed at the Rock Resort on the cliffs. Awesome place. You could have a few red stripes and jump off the cliffs into the ocean.

We stay in Negril too. I've jumped off the cliffs at Rick's Cafe a few times. Usually after many Red Stripe's.

NorthernHarrier

Up at 4:00A.M. to take my wife and daughter to the Milwaukee airport and now it's just me and two Springers for a few days. Nice! They are both laying at my feet watching my every move. Have a feeling they will be a little clingy for a few days.

Made a breakthrough on my tempo work yesterday. Finally I can now see progress. Folks, this has been a long haul back. The plan today is just some weights and elliptical yet this morning. I have to stick around for a phone meeting after lunch but the car is loaded and as soon as that is done I'm pointed north for the weekend. Yay!

Sandy-- Glad you are doing good.

DPC--Boring??? Nah, just ignore what they say. Love the avatar by the way.

Mandy--Very happy for you.

TrailTromper--I am really looking forward to your trek of the JMT. Down the road I'll contact you for thoughts and pick your brain a little. Sounds great, a bucket list adventure.

Everyone else have a great day.

QOTD- Almost forgot.  Key West in a couple weeks. Gonna try to do an epic run in late April somewhere, maybe R2R or the Appalachian trail thru the Smokies. Then a 10 day canoe trip to NW Ontario in mid May. Finally my daughter and I are heading to mountain bike in Moab for a week in June.  Then I think I will be broke. Embarrassed

I ran a quick 10 last night in heavy winds, and actually beat my previous 10 mile race PR! 1:25, 8:30 pace. Seems that all this trail running has really made a big difference. Big grin

I'm planning to do a TBD distance on the treadmill during lunch today. Snow is really coming down here and I'm not too interested in running outside right now.

QOTD: Going to Turks and Caicos for a destination wedding with my family in July. Should be an excellent time.

Sandy-2

Sandy- Nice run. Which 50 are you doing?

Kelly - Thanks.  I'm doing Hell's Hills 50 miler on April 6th.  It's a local Tejas Trails run.

http://www.tejastrails.com/HellsHills.html

tbd.

Birdwell

morning folks! I've got 3-5 miles on tap for after work. Going to be taking it nice and slow for the next week, before I get back into full training mode.

QOTD: Nothing. We're pretty boring.