Trailer Trash

Coldwater Rumble 50M RR (Read 61 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my RR for my race this weekend down in Arizona. I'm a tad bit fatigued and am lacking the full use of my funny bone, so it's not as entertaining as some of my other stories. Nonetheless, here it is!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/01/coldwater-rumble-50.html

Thanks for reading!

Kelly

AT-runner

Tim

Great job, Kelly.  I've never been off course so early in a race (but plenty of times late in a race), so I can only imagine you had to fight an adrenalin rush while trying to be patient.  Sounds like you did a great job resisting that urge.  I probably would have rushed it then crashed and burned.  No Hammer Henna Tat's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

AT- They sent me some temporary tattoos, but I didn't have any with me. And where should I put them? I think they would be a little overwhelmed.

I could feel that I was on pace to blow up if I didn't abandon the sense of urgency to get back up front. You're right, it's hard to keep that under control.

Sandy-2

All things considered...  great job!!!!  Rough going off course like that so early.  I haven't been there, but I have been in the pack of runners being passed by quick folks who have gone astray.

I was thinking that you need to get a Hammer Tatoo on your back, either that or you can bring a Sharpie and just write it on.

Great start to 2013.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Excellent job, Kelly, congratulations! Awesome race to catch up to the front again, this was not only a physical challenge, but even more a mental game.

Sorry your feet got busted. Recover quickly!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Excellent job, Kelly, congratulations! Awesome race to catch up to the front again, this was not only a physical challenge, but even more a mental game.

Sorry your feet got busted. Recover quickly!

Thanks Couch! My feet feel good in my road shoes today, which is what I should have wore to begin with. I've been wearing bulky shoes all winter, so I've lost the conditioning in my feet.

We love running down here. You should join us sometime.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You ran a 50 in the MT10s?  Holy yikes.

Thanks for another excellent report, Kelly.  I love reading what goes on your head.  Can't wait for the rest of your 2013!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

great race report and congrats on an excellent finish!  sounds like you're getting the nutrition dialed in nicely; ouch on the feet though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Great job!

I am used to flats/mechanicals riding a bike, so when something happens on trail I tell myself it is just like a flat ... %%$#@ happens. It helps me get over it and be patient

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Where did the guys ahead of you on the wrong turn finish?

Thanks for sharing and have fun on the cruise.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Where did the guys ahead of you on the wrong turn finish?

Thanks for sharing and have fun on the cruise.

The guy that was leading the race at the time didn't make the wrong turn and he went on to win. His time was 7:11.

2nd place DNF'd at 38 miles and the guy right in front of me finished in 7th place. The others that were behind me when we made the wrong turn finished further back.