Trailer Trash

Triceritops Fridailies (Read 22 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Because, why not?  4.4 last night.

QOTD:  What's your favorite dinosaur, if you have one, and why?

Everyone likes (or hates) T-Rex.  Allosauraus is pretty cool too.

But I still like Triceritops....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Because, why not?  4.4 last night.

Because it's not alliterative?

Starting to stalk the weather for Whiskey Basin and the Grand Canyon.  After coming across some news articles in my searches for pre- and post-race sightseeing, I'm getting nervous about a Grand Canyon hike post race.  There have been 3 deaths from falls in the Grand Canyon in the last 8 days.   But the weather looks good for racing, low of 34 at the start with a high of 57.

qotd:  Triceritops and Stegasuarus were my favorites as a kid.  There was even a book about one, The Shy Stegasaurus of Cricket Creek.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Because it's not alliterative?

Ha!  I had to look up a dinosaur that started with the letter "f", and I found....

F is for fulgurotherium.

This small dinosaur lived in Australia.

The weather was very cold then.

It may have lived in burrows to keep warm.

It was a plant eater.

Pretty cool.

3/17 - NYC Half

Sandy-2

Got my butt outta bed this morning and did 5mi.  After yesterday morning's thunderstorms and cloudy weather all day it was tropical, foggy and warm this morning.  Uuuuuugh, I'm not ready for this crap yet.  But actually I felt pretty good this morning, pace wasn't too bad but I was drenched and a bit drained when I got done.

qotd: Ha!!! I never had a favorite dinosaur but my DS also loved triceritopses (not sure about the extra es at the end).  He even had a little triceritops costume that he wore as pajamas. So I guess I'll coopt that as well.  Although after watching the first Jurassic Park movie velociraptors are pretty cool.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

If I get out of work on time I'll try to get in a few miles tonight. Damn, it got really cold  real quick around here. Had wet snow flying this morning and last night I mowed my field in shirt sleeves on the tractor .   The way this day has started out I'm sure I'll have to work late so I'm betting on no run.

WC - That's a lot of deaths in a short time. Any info on why people were falling, other then gravity was working there again?  Weather related, idiocy, or suicides???   Unless it was weather related I wouldn't let that deter you from going over the rim.  It's beautiful too not to.

QOTD: The Allosaurus.

"This dinosaur was a large carnivorous bipedal predator that scientists believe preyed on the many herbivores of the time."

Because I like to get my veggies through my meat !!!!

"One interesting fact to note is that the largest Allosaurus specimens may have rivaled the T- Rex in size. The size of the largest Allosaurus is approximately 16 feet tall, 43 feet long and weighed more up to 5 tons."

Plus they were some of the big guys.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD. Long run tomorrow.

QOTD: Least favorite.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, everyone!  I have next week off work.  Staycation time starts at 4:30pm today!   Planning on kicking things off right by going to the climbing gym tonight.  Hoping to get in a decent amount of climbing over the next 9 days.  We'll see if my skin holds up.  Going to do some baking too, which NorthernHarrier might benefit from if we find a time to get together for a hike.

QOTD: Mine.    I call Sydney my little dinosaur all the time.  Okay, okay, fine.  I'll pick the Brontosaurus aka "the thunder lizard."  They always seemed like gentle giants to me.  Here's my little dinosaur.  She wants you to think she's very scary.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm getting nervous about a Grand Canyon hike post race.  There have been 3 deaths from falls in the Grand Canyon in the last 8 days.

George, what's your Grand Canyon hike plan?  I don't recall ever feeling like there was any uncomfortable exposure, unless you were doing something stupid.

Running is dumb.

dhuffman63

Trails

I did the art with wine last night.  We did ceramic fish (trivets) and ceramic coasters with imprints...and drank wine.  I have too far to drive after so I limit myself to one.  I'm enjoying the once a month something different.

qotd: velociraptors.  I liked them all as a kid, I've always liked reptiles of any form.  Mandy I love your girl. DH isn't fond of reptiles so we no longer have the Burmese python DD brought home from school.  They needed someone to take him during summer break and never asked for him back.  When we lost power one year during a huge ice storm I couldn't keep him warm enough and he eventually died.  Now we have a generator.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George, what's your Grand Canyon hike plan?  I don't recall ever feeling like there was any uncomfortable exposure, unless you were doing something stupid.

Looks the deaths were all accidents while taking photos.  Given the current weather forecasts, I think I'll check with the rangers at the visitors center on trail conditions and make a decision then.  I don't own any hiking boots or shoes and will be wearing old running shoes which have served me fine the last few years at Glacier and Banff.  That may make a difference.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

XtremeTaper

Six miles last night on the trails of Coventry Woods. I was hoping this would be my good run of the week but it was sort of just meh. Oh well. Stopped for a burger and beer afterwards so there was that. Plan for today is gym stuff and perhaps a short run with the Lady.

QOTD: Dino from the Flinstones.

WCRunner - I think most of those people tumbling to their deaths out west are due to selfie inflicted causes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Looks the deaths were all accidents while taking photos.  Given the current weather forecasts, I think I'll check with the rangers at the visitors center on trail conditions and make a decision then.  I don't own any hiking boots or shoes and will be wearing old running shoes which have served me fine the last few years at Glacier and Banff.  That may make a difference.

The book Death in the Canyon gets updated almost every year just because of people like this.

George - talked to Laurie Dymond, and she'll be at D3 with you. She's trying to get her qualifying distance for US team, but think the Masters team is more likely (she and Bob H were master runners last time). She's had 2 lay offs for injuries.

Mandy  - Your "dinosaur" wins.

dhuff - how was the painting?

Sandy - where is your Box of Rocks race? Will that be a warm one?

Bert - wha made you think of dinosaurs? Is this a reaction to your meds? 

dreamer - sleet and freezing rain as I drove in to work this morning. Argh!

XT - I had a run like that on Tuesday. Yesterday I was feeling was better and ended up doing fartleks on a technical trail. I ran as fast as i could until I felt like I was losing control. It was fun.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert - wha made you think of dinosaurs? Is this a reaction to your meds? 

Yup.  Just wait and see what comes up when I have to up the dosage. 

BTW - I didn't think of Barney, but that works too!

3/17 - NYC Half

dhuffman63

Trails

Bert, oh the things my brain spits out.  With Graves Disease, it's an autoimmune disorder that affects my thyroid and causes all sorts of wonderful things.  We'd have a great time talking about "stuff".  I'm a big fan of "what if" but it drives my non curious DH nuts so I limit those conversations to when I visit my DD.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George - talked to Laurie Dymond, and she'll be at D3 with you. She's trying to get her qualifying distance for US team, but think the Masters team is more likely (she and Bob H were master runners last time). She's had 2 lay offs for injuries.

Sadly there's no Masters race at World's this year.  There is an open race.  As much as I'm rooting for Laurie, the benchmark to make the 24-hour women's team is daunting this year.  The sixth place mileage, which she would have to beat, is 151.372.  The men's sixth place total by RA's own bhearn is 154.051 for comparison.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K