Trailer Trash

Weather Permitting Weekender (Read 21 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Back from my beach vacay, and happy to be running in the heat again! (Well, relatively).

4.7 steamy miles this morning, very enjoyable, and now soon heading off to work.

I just saw that the Green Monster trail race in northern PA still is open for registration. I know it's a challenging race, similar to the Hyner and Eastern States, and reasonably priced (50k is $90).Anyone of the PA runners interested in running it? I am kind of eyeing at it.

QOTD: pass.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 glorious mlles on the trails with Tiny E- 55 degrees and overcast- perfect!  sadly the heat wave is back tomorrow Sad

these arrived yesterday, soooo.. this morning new rims/tires on the Sportwagen  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Dodged the  t-storms at Lean Horse 30M and finished in 7:07:56.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

25 miles today, last LR before my big race on Sept. 6th.

WC, nice job!

Warden, some sexy looking tires there.  Had some show up on my porch last week.  My DH's next project...

FTYC, sorry the vacay had to end but it's probably nice to be back home and back in a routine.

QOTD: Seeing any hints or signs of fall yet?  Here, yes.  It's getting dark when I finish my post-work runs.  Kids are already back in school.  People are talking about the local Pumpkin Festival in October.  There's more sunshine and less fog.  And SF Giants are dashing their playoff hopes right on schedule.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With how strong I finished, I think I could have run 7:22 for a full 50K, 3 or 4 minutes faster than at D3.

2024 Races:

Daydreamer1

The week by the numbers:

6.3 miles running

111 miles even on the bike

82.5 hours spent working

8 idiot patients, 7 good, nice sweet ones, about 4 that were so, so.

1 xtra bag of peanuts in the pay envelope next week.

35 million calories consumed to deal with stress of work.

FTYC - Always wanted to run that thing. Always work that weekend.

QOTD: A lot of yellow leaves in the woods, especially on the mountains. The Sycamores are starting to drop their leaves to the point that some people's yards are covered so much I think they have to rake. Since it has been so wet here in the area its not from being too dry.  Some places it looks more like  middle of September then the middle of August.

dhuffman63

Trails

I did 8 on the TM Sat, my longest since taking off to fix my back...no back pain but my feet hurt...I do think it's time for new shoes.I put it off as an unnecessary expense til I determined I would be doing distances again.

Codee will be going to the vet on Mon to stay for a few days...xrays and be fitted with corrective shoes.

Congrats George on the Lean Horse. If there's a hill then I'll have to get out on my roads before hand to train.

qotd: Not unless you count the unseasonable rain we've had.  Normally we don't get rain like this until the fall.  Yesterday we had thunderstorms one right after the other. It rained all day Friday too. Just weird weather.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wc: Congratulations, well done! Always fun to finish strong.

Gatsby: nice miles! Sounds like you are ready for the race.

dhuff: way to go, quite a distance.

Warden: Some handsome tires. I was thinking about teaching my daughter how to change a tire, as she has never done it, only watched me do it.

DD1: that’s a lot of work. How about swapping the statistics and making it 82 miles of running, and 6 hours of work - sounds much better to me. But enjoy the paycheck, it’s going to be great for sure.

Green Monster: I’m afraid I might also have to work that weekend. Football season - almost impossible to get a weekend off between September and Thanksgiving.

Ready to go go out for a few miles in the sun. I love the weather as it is right now, sunny, hot, not too humid, still bearable and not suffocating. Planning on something in the 8- mile range.

DS is suffering from conjunctivitis, so I’ll have to be back within a few hours to put eye drops in his eyes. No pool for him now, but he’ll make up for it with lots of ice cream

QOTD: fall is coming, but summer is still standing strong. Some yellow leaves here and there, and when the wind is blowing a bit stronger, leaves are beginning to fall. But other than that, it’s summer, hot and dry, with dead grass and warm morning fog. Very enjoyable for me.

dhuff: I hope Codee will get well soon again. I just read in the Austrian news that a horse there fell down a staircase on the outside of a house, crashing through windows into the basement. Gave he owners quite a jolt. Luckily the horse didn’t get injured, but was unwilling to walk up the stairs to leave the basement. The vet had to sedate the horse, then the firemen lifted the horse up with a crane. What an effort, I can see $$$ adding up. Wondering which insurance would cover that.

Run for fun.

dhuffman63

Trails

Luckily we don't have a basement or I could see one of my horses doing that...the spotted one Cali.  If I left a door open she'd walk in.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Would you believe? My flight home is cancelled, severe weather in Chicago. One more day in Rapid City.

Diane - Lean Horse should be a great choice for you.

2024 Races:

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DW was in the Flathead area visiting relatives last week, came home with a bunch of huckleberries- so this morning, buttermilk pancakes with huckleberries, bacon, sausage and a couple of eggs (for me, DW passed on the eggs).  Made Tiny Elvis a silver dollar sized pancake (he loves huckleberries!) little egg and some crumbled bacon.

We tried walking off some of it with 4 miles on the trails Smile

Congrats on the finish George; there's worse places to be stuck than Rapid City!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Congrats George.

Devan had an interesting ride at Tevis.  Once again she rode the 100 miles only to get pulled at the finish line. That means that the horse “Mighty Mal” didn’t pass the final finish vet check.  Heartbreaking but Devan was quite ok with it.  To her it was more about the intrinsic goal of doing the 100 miles.

Lots of very cool stories. I’ll try to write up a crew report soon.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Thought I posted yesterday. Must have been the heat exhaustion.

Longish run yesterday in some tropical conditions. No breeze, foggy and humid with temps in mid 80's and heat index in the 90's.  Saw 2 MTB'ers and they were struggling with the weather.

Worked on the Tiny House and played cards with some friends last night.

Today did a TM run.  Marie, you're crazy for liking this weather.  My body just shuts down when it's this hot and humid. I can't wait for mid 50's.

George - Nice job. Nice time.  Remind me never to travel on the same flight as you. 

Sandy - sorry horse didn't make vet check. Has she had an official finish at Tevis?

QOTD: Hell no. Leaves are dropping from the heat, but not fall like.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- that's too bad about the horse; like you said she finished a 100 regardless

qotd: we've had a couple cool, fall like days, but going to be back into the upper 80's/90's for the next week- am definitely looking forward to fall Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Official results posted and they have me a few seconds faster at 7:07:41.

2024 Races: