Trailer Trash

Weekender (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Glorious day here today. Though, unfortunately clouded up somewhat right around the time the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds did their salute around Baltimore and DC this morning. You had to look fast, or miss them. I caught the trailer jet, but DS and DH saw all ten in their respective formations.  Pretty impressive. Running-wise, I'm off to some kind of Tennessee start. Ran 6 and walked 2 yesterday. My goal is to keep at  least a slight and not fall behind. And at least for May, walk about 30% of the miles. Chowder and I will get out later this afternoon for about 5, mostly walking.

qotd: Plans? I know most of us are still in quarantine. But today is glorious here, so working on the garden, which right now also involves building a small retaining wall/garden bed. Moving dirt and rubble right now.

Sandy-2

It kinda started out glorious here, a little coolish, nice stars, but then the sun came up and the steam bath was in full swing. I was doing my usual gels, s-caps and drinking water, but it was barely enough.  No leg cramps, but I could tell they were hinting at it.  I ended up with 20 miles.

I'm currently sitting at mile 26, in south Memphis.

qotd: We're actually going to do a social distance visit with DD, Devan.  We have to deliver a cake to her because it's her birthday on Monday.  It'll be really really hard not to hug, however I am thinking about bringing garbage bags for makeshift PPE. 

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10.3 more today, so I'm at mile 22.4 in the GVRAT.  According to the map, I'm right by the Arkansas Weigh Station and should cross the Mississippi River tomorrow on the Big River Crossing Bridge.

qotd:  Just keep running.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

A nice day here, around 60.  Fog off the coast is keeping it from getting too warm, which is why I love it here.  Got out early-ish and decided to run every street off of the coastal trail to get in my 3 hours.  Here's what it looked like. Total of 20 miles.

Sandy, aww I bet it's going to be hard not to hug Devan.

runtrail, working in the garden sounds like a great use of the day.

WC, fun that you can track where you are in TN.

QOTD: Going up to see my dad today and bringing something for dinner.  Will stay there tonight and do a short run around his house in the morning.  Chores at home in the afternoon.  Boring...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

no run...no no run...tight hip...I can figure out the Great race thing...all I get is a spreadsheet saying they are working on it and try again later 

qotd:  same day same shot

sandy:  Hug your daughter it’s worth the risk.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That looks like hell but great job getting 3 hours done on the streets

A nice day here, around 60.  Fog off the coast is keeping it from getting too warm, which is why I love it here.  Got out early-ish and decided to run every street off of the coastal trail to get in my 3 hours.  Here's what it looked like. Total of 20 miles.

Sandy, aww I bet it's going to be hard not to hug Devan.

runtrail, working in the garden sounds like a great use of the day.

WC, fun that you can track where you are in TN.

QOTD: Going up to see my dad today and bringing something for dinner.  Will stay there tonight and do a short run around his house in the morning.  Chores at home in the afternoon.  Boring...

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a total of 18 this morning.  It was split into a 5 miler and a 13 miler...unintentionally.  Where I hit first was flooded out after 2.5 miles.  I had to find another place to run.  Then we packed up the family and bikes and got in 10 (very slow) miles.  It was a lot of fun.  Lots of people out enjoying a gorgeous day.  Felt somewhat normal again.

Queen - the GRVAT website is acting up...assuming due to the sheer number of participants trying to enter their mileage in an app that is not designed for that much traffic.  15k+ is a lot of people.

Gatsby - your map looks like you were trying to spell something out...but I cannot make out what it is.

QOTD: See above. Also, I need to put together my new grill!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

It was a glorious day here. I am at 20.2 on the GVRAT. 10.2 yesterday, 10 today. Today was just perfect. Did quite a bit of running with the hiking. Probably more running in the last two days than in a long time.

I bought a cheap kayak at Sam's Club today. I really wanted a paddle board, but the ones they had had only 1 fin. I want at least two, it makes steering a bit easier. So...i opted for the $189 kayak. It fits in my mini van...barely. i am heading out early for a run, then will go out for a paddle. Very excited.

Qotd: well...i was going to take my parents to my sister's for a visit..but her husband objected. I think that is kinda stupid. I think we could do it without a great deal of risk..but whatever. I will be visiting my grandchildren in a few weeks. I am not going to spend the next two years not seeing them. We will socially distance and I will wear a damn mask. I hate this shit...but don't have any intention of hauling my long gun (if I owned a gun) to the state capital to protest like some assholes in Michigan. I am OK with the stay at home order...i just wish they would get a handle on testing and tracking so life can head toward opening the economy.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

That looks like hell but great job getting 3 hours done on the streets

Yeah, I'll be glad when the trails are open again.  County parks are reopening next week!  But I'll say that it's been cool seeing more of the neighborhood, stuff I haven't really paid attention to before.  Old beach houses.  Great landscaping.  Bizarre yard decor.  Today, I stopped and chatted with a family that was camping out in their own driveway.  There was a guy with a walker that I passed several times when going up and down the streets -- I waved every time.  I'm thinking of doing all the streets in El Granada, where I live, as my next project.

Dr. J, I should try to come up with some words to spell.  You're not the first person to mention that it looked like I was spelling something out.

Moon, a kayak sounds fun!

LB2

I bought a cheap kayak at Sam's Club today. I really wanted a paddle board, but the ones they had had only 1 fin. I want at least two, it makes steering a bit easier. So...i opted for the $189 kayak. It fits in my mini van...barely. i am heading out early for a run, then will go out for a paddle. Very excited.

I am thinking seriously about getting a cheap one, too. It appears we may be out of the office for a few more weeks. Today is the last day of turkey season, so I may go back to doing some river fishing, which is the only type of fishing I enjoy.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

19 miles in the Bob Marshall yesterday, most of on snowshoes- big, long climb 3000'+ in 6-ish miles; called DW when I got out and asked what's for supper?  she answered ribeyes 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Warden, wow, a lot of snow.  What is the elevation there?

Easy 6 miles with strides this morning near my dad's house.  I spotted a coyote who seemed to be stalking a lady walking a small dog.  I warned her when I ran by.  She had no idea.

Things are still blooming.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gatsby we were up to about 7500', probably still 6-7' of snow that high

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran the canyon for 5.5 ish...have a tight sore left hip flexer. Plan was 9 ...maybe tomorrow...

Jamie: you mentioned app maybe I need to download an app for this race.  

moonlight:  live kayaking and cheap cause all you really want to do is float around.  

warden:  your wife loves you ..enjoy the ribeye.

Sandy-2

Did 13 miles this morning.  Felt pretty good.  I actually ran about 4 miles with a friend who I happened to bump in to this morning, we were pretty much keeping 6' apart.  It was nice to run and talk with someone again, first time in months. However she was going a little faster than my spent legs wanted, but of course I didn't say anything.  But I was ok when she wanted to turn back towards her house and went in a different direction after a while, so I could slow down a bit.

Gatsby - what you should be telling everyone is that you are writing in Chinese (looks like some of their characters in spots). Also nice flowers.

mt - cool photos, glad to see that you were out there with other guys, going out there alone would have been worrying. Nothing like a ribeye after a day like that!!!! I agree with QoN re: your DW.

I'm at mile 39 in the GVRAT, and I'm taking a 0 day tomorrow.

tbd.