Trailer Trash

Mondaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Im Baaack!  Did anyone miss me?

Nice week in Kiawah playing golf. Got 2 beach runs in and walked 8 miles on day playing the Ocean Course (no cart, with caddies).  Won $260 playing golf, so not a bad week.  Up and down playing shot 80, 82, 74, 86, 74.  The final 74 won me some money, but i did not play consistent, so maybe should run less and practice more.  

Ran 10 miles on TM yesterday during the thunderstorms. Not a day to be outside and rain never let up. SRD today.

QOTD:  Do you and / or you significant other ever take separate vacations?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

No run this morning. If I don't get out after work, I may end the streak at 51 days and a little over 180 miles. I can live with that.

QOTD: Yes. Normally, I do take a week long hunt trip in the spring but that didn't happen this year due to some scheduling issues. My wife and girls took their beach weekend trip to Gulf Shores with my sister in law back around Easter. We also take a family vacation in the summer, sometimes fall. This year we are going to Gatlinburg, TN. I've already forked over the money for the cabin, so we are going.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Plan is to do gym stuff today and a short run after work. Need to mow the lawn again. It goes crazy this time of year. Perhaps I just need a more powerful mower.

Like AT it rained here all day yesterday, but no thunder or lightning. I took the Lady out to Birdsboro Watershed for a nice easy 6 mile trail run. I like running over there when it's raining or there has been a period of heavy rain. The Hay Creek really gets flowing and we run a mile or two along the banks and I love the sound and sight of flowing water. Not much activity out there yesterday. Even the anglers were sparse.

QOTD: Yes, especially the last year or two we both took separate vacations due to Sir B's health. She would go some place with her sister and I would go for a run/hike adventure with my trail buddy.

AT - That is some good golf. I am about 84-86 anymore. Did you play the tips? Ha.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Taking a rest day but I think I'll bust out the mountain bike and ride some nearby logging roads to explore. It'll be about the only time that's possible as there is no foliage yet. There are still some small patches of snow in the shady areas. Spring is taking it's sweet time up here though I saw my first black fly of the season so at least there's that.

QOTD--all the time. A prime example will be on May 21st I'll head out to Ontario canoeing and when I get back on the 29th or so she'll head out to Utah. She'll wait for me to get back so we don't have to kennel the dogs. We do plenty of vacations together but I tend to have more adventurous interest.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Welcome back and nice job on the golfing!

LB2 - Hey, at least you're getting consistency, which is much more than I can say.  I'm pretty sure the turkeys have all migrated to my area.  I see them everywhere!

XT - Yeah, the rain and water is pretty nuts so far this spring.  Nothing like I've seen before.  I'm out fishing when nobody else is.  Go figure.

QOTD - No, DW and I always vacation together.  We'll probably go back to St. Martin this summer.  Looking forward to some more barefoot beach running.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

Berto - We are actually below last year's rain fall here and just slightly above normal. Seems odd, but April was sort of light in the rain dept.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

I got 5 in on Sat. but just used the rowing machine on Sunday in between doing chores.

qotd from the weekend: the art class is new.  I'm forever interested in everything but get bored fairly easy.  Horses and now "running" have been the longest of my interests.

qotd: that's the only way we can take vacations.  With 6 dogs, 10 cats and 3 horses someone has to be home to take care of them.  Once DD grew up and moved out we were on our own.  The last time we went anywhere together was for DH's mother's remembrance and that was just a weekend and a fairly awful time.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am counting down...a mere 4.5 hours until my doc (hopefully) clears me to run.  Of course I feel like do-do today.  DD had a cold this weekend and nicely shared with me.  We were not sick all winter and now this.  I may run anyways.

Bert - I hope you catch a lot more than that little guy (from Saturday).  I am sure you will but it's a start...I guess.  

AT - welcome back

LB2- purposeful streak or just going with the flow?

QOTD: Generally no. DW has gone on some girl trips in the past but not often.  My trips are either work related or a race but both are not frequent.  We're at a point where we try and take a separate vacation from the kids.  

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Im Baaack!  Did anyone miss me?

Hi AT , I seem to remember you from the distant past. It's nice to get reacquainted with those that rarely post anymore .

Just got home from work and since I got some sleep overnight I'll load up on caffeine and stay awake.  Hopefully I'll get in a 4-5 mile run.  Depends on if I decide to mow the grass or let it go until tomorrow.

Gotta head to the airport later this afternoon to pick up some ruffian  who's coming back from playing around in one of the sandboxes far to the east of here.  He'll have been in airports and airplanes for almost 40 hours by the time we pick him up .  Supposedly he didn't shave for the entire four months that he was there.  I wanted to go without shaving for just a week or two to see if prove that I can still grow a better beard then he can but DW vetoed that idea .

Bert-o -  Gotta start small with them fish.  Don't want to catch the big ones first.

QOTD: No.  Sometimes I wish that we would. I don't have any problems going on vacation together and we always are able to do things that both enjoy, but sometimes I feel like it would be nice if we could both just get away on our own.  DW doesn't really like to travel without me and really doesn't have a lot of people to travel with who share her same interests.  If we would sometimes vacation separately I'd be more inclined to take some hunting vacations.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - That is some good golf. I am about 84-86 anymore. Did you play the tips? Ha.

Played what would be Whites.  Our group of 16 has one golfer who is a +2 all the way to a golfer who is a 32 handicap, so we use the same tee box.  I'm a 7.8, so usually shoot right around the 80 bubble. The guy who is a +2 is 66 years old and one day shot a 67, so missed his age by one stroke. He almost always plays the blues.

Jamie - I remember the days of trying to get away from kids . Now we travel to see the kids. 

DW has a girls weekend that she goes on sometimes, and she'll go to Portland without me sometimes to see DD#1.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thought I had to work a midnight shift tonight followed by a back to back day shift tomorrow- I don’t Smile. But I do tomorrow night Sad

so will hit the trails with Tiny Elvis after work

bert- I could have saved you some money AND had you into some great fishing- $150 on a Tenkara outfit, $500 round trip flight to Montana with $250 left to buy burgers and beer for your guide 

qotd: does hunting all fall count?   yeah we do, most recently my trip to Joshua Tree

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

I'm so glad we aren't the only ones who vacation separately .  I'm the more adventurous of the two, he's definitely more interested in staying home.  My "races" are my mini vacations/adventures.

Has anyone had any issues with a lack of appetite?  I'm just not very hungry much but I keep putting the weight on.  I feel good otherwise, sometime tired but my allergies have been awful this year.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Has anyone had any issues with a lack of appetite? 

I didn’t eat for 36 hours straight and very little for the next two days, lost almost 10 pounds, but not what I would recommend as a good way to lose weight 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Rest day today. Will get in some yoga later, to work out some kinks and sore spots.

qotd: We usually do both kinds (solo and family/couple). DH will go for kiting getaways (though not in the last couple of years, now I think about it). I often take the kids on a trip before we all meet up somewhere for a family visit (i.e. camping in northern MN or Yellowstone/Teton). I haven't figured out if Maine will include DH, or my mom and sister this fall, but that's really far off...

dhuffman63

Trails

George, I'm playing with the idea of doing Lean Horse 30 next year so I'm very interested in how you liked it.  I have the Lhotse 24 hour at the end of August or I'd consider this year.  I have to save up PTO days.  I'm also thinking of Mo'Bell next year too but that's like 2 weeks later.