Trailer Trash

GatsbyBird’s Hallucination 100 (101.5) RR (Read 45 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

YES!!!! Great pic.  And I agree with others, that is a super cool buckle.

Because Queen started it, and because Dr. J asked:

(And wearing my newest, favoritest hoodie!)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

T Hound

Slower but happier

Great job!   Well deserved after your impressive training/racing season. Nice report.  I didn't realize it was 16 mi loops. I thought 8 mi. 16 sounds just right to me for a loop.  When I'm close to cutoffs despite being beaten down, usually i can pickup the pace and go faster.  I think it shows how mentally it really is at the end.  4 pm start is interesting.  I guess for speedsters it would be more total hours at cooler temps.  The am sun at the end of a long night of running is always motivating as well.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

LB2

Just got around to reading this. I don't know if there are too many things that give you a more profound feeling of satisfaction than finishing a 100 mile race. I think you are right about loop courses being easy on the logistics, but they sure make it easy to get back in the truck at the S/F, too. One thing that helped me in my first one was counting loops. The mileage never really sunk in until about the last 5 miles. I was just counting loops. It seems like you had a great run with some great support. Congratulations on a great accomplishment.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm late to the party, but I still wanted to stop by and tell you huge, mega, awesome, excellent CONGRATULATIONS!  It sounds like you had to push through some rough stuff, but you fucking did it!  (And who doesn't have to push through some rough stuff during 100 miles, unless you're Queenie.)

"This is what you came for."  Love that mantra.  I'm going to remember that one.

Thanks for taking us along, Gatsby.  You write an excellent RR!

Running is dumb.