Trailer Trash

Tis the Tuesdaily (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

strength trained yesterday evening, will get some miles in after work- hopefully with TE, we’ll see

qotd: anyone get the vaccine yet?  anyone close?  I’m pretty sure I fall into 1b as a LEO, but haven’t heard squat.  not overly impressed thus far with the vaccine rollout.  Feds do a fair job getting it out to the states, states then doll it out to the counties- lots of places for it fail Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: my mom got hers.  She's in MS and 84 so falls in the age bracket.  I'll have to get cleared from my doc as they only tested healthy people.

MT, I wanted to ask...you were a game warden, correct?  What do you think of MT's wanting to pass new laws hunting and killing wolves?

Pain is my friend

8 miles easy with a buddy. Felt better to day than most. Started the fat adapted diet plan a week ago and have had no energy. I run and it sucks.

qotd: I got my 2nd shot last week. I go the pfizer vaccine. I didn't have a chose. I work in a hospital and have had contact with many patients that have covid. I didn't have any side effects with it. Yes arm was sore and was a bit tired after the 2nd shot. But nothing more than tired from my normal running.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Gator eye

Hi all, lifted some stuff up and set it down yesterday with 30 minutes or so on the spin bike. 

nice little bit of snow today so probably call shoveling a work out and call it beer thirty. 

qotd Not many doses have made it out here in the sticks. So far.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

MT, I wanted to ask...you were a game warden, correct?  What do you think of MT's wanting to pass new laws hunting and killing wolves?

Not new, we’ve been hunting wolves for over a decade now. When they were removed from the Threatened list, we took over management of them. They reproduce very efficiently and have a healthy populations of prey, so expand almost exponentially.   Our season is limited and their populations closely monitored. If for some reason their numbers were to decline, we would modify or eliminate the season. 

Managing predator species is not a whole lot different than managing ungulate (deer/elk/etc) populations. You need to do a good job of monitoring populations and then make adjustments to harvest. If populations are thriving, then seasons will be more liberal (equated to higher harvests), if declining than less liberal or no season at all. 

I can’t speak to other states, but Montana does an excellent job of managing its wildlife, all of it’s wildlife- top notch folks combined with the best science and practices. 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

5 last night with Baker out at the lake, nice mild mid 30 no wind winter conditions. Today, ran 5 solo up at the local trail, multiple loops in the low 30's with drizzly mist. We were forecast for ice and snow but none of that really happening yet.

QOTD: No vaccine here. Work people were talking on team meeting like we are eligible for group 1B/1C here in PA being healthcare IT workers but I have not even investigated possibilities yet. Plus you know, that microchip thing they are implanting in our species makes me nervous.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran 3 good ones this morning on an alternate route. It was good, but the woods are still too wet for my liking. Plus, it has gotten pretty humid down here.

QOTD: My parents got the first shot and have the second scheduled. I see where some (most or all?) of our nursing faculty and students are getting it. I haven't gotten anything. I am waiting for a vaccine for dumbasses because it seems to be an epidemic around here this week. I'd like to distribute it myself. I might be the first in line for that one because I have definitely been exposed!!!

LB2

Sandy-2

I'll do some core and stretching stuff and then 5 mi after work today.   Nothing special.

qotd: My DW and DD are both eligible to get it now, but neither have been able to due to lack of available doses.  A few weeks ago my DD was scheduled for a mid-week shot but then they called her over the weekend to tell her to drop everything and come down and get it, only problem she was at a horse ride 4 hours away and couldn't make it.  She missed that opportunity and haven't been able to find another available appointment.

I'm in the next phase, but I'm sure that won't be for a while yet.

. . . Plus you know, that microchip thing they are implanting in our species makes me nervous.

Ha !!!!  One of my running buds said the same thing, I told him not to worry about it.  He's already being tracked and monitored through his cell phone.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD: No vaccine here. Work people were talking on team meeting like we are eligible for group 1B/1C here in PA being healthcare IT workers but I have not even investigated possibilities yet. Plus you know, that microchip thing they are implanting in our species makes me nervous.

I moved up to 1A when PA changed the age eligibility to 65+ instead of 75+, so I'm registered and waiting for an email to schedule an appointment to get vaccinated.  With the shortage though, who knows when that will be.  Good luck with that microchip tracing.  If they want to track me running 50 laps around a one mile loop for 12 hours, they're welcome to do  so, assuming racing can move ahead.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gator eye

Mike- Very good answer!

thanks